[Mod Request][Mod Idea] PVP - Radar - Enemy Player Alert - Shild Buildings - Landfill

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
jkkopp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Mod Request][Mod Idea] PVP - Radar - Enemy Player Alert - Shild Buildings - Landfill

Post by jkkopp »

Dear Community,

i am thinking about making my first Mod cause of missing Functions while playing Factorio in PVP.

The Problem:

When i play against other player i will only recognize them if they attack my physically. (Shoot Buildings with Bullets o.s.)
If they walk throuh my Base or Outpost without attacking me i will not recognize them in the most time. Then they could destroy and explore some critical structure like my energy-system or the chests with the most expensive loot.
Another problem is that if i have lots of water on the map and i use this as a natural defence the Player could landfill this easy and go around my walls and defence

The Ideas:

- (1) Make some new kind of radar or modify the existing one, which sends a Signal to a Speaker when a enemy player in range appears.

- (2) Make some new kind of radar, which buffs all Buildings in range with an energy Shield. (Then it takes more time to destroy the infrastructure)

- (3) Make some new kind of radar or modify the existing one, which disables Landfill in range for enemy players.

I use atm the following Mods:
TeamCoop (to make the Game PVP)
Schall Ammo Turrets (better defence against players)
Schall Gun Pod (Equip tanks with better Weappons)
Schall Remains & Pickup (Give the game something to loot)
Schall Tank Platoon (better tanks)
Squeak Through (walk through pipes etc)

The Questions:

- (4) Are some of my Ideas realistic? I am new to the modding szene.

- (5) Could you give me some Ideas to solve my Problems?

- (6) Thanks for reading! I´ll hope to show you my first usefull Mod in 0.17!

Regards

jkkopp

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Mod Request][Mod Idea] PVP - Radar - Enemy Player Alert - Shild Buildings - Landfill

Post by darkfrei »

Player radar:
You can make new constant combinator which can see all players and has a distance to the nearest player, force based filter. Connect the speaker to it and the alarm is ready.
It's pretty complicated mod for beginners.

Force fields mod: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ForceFields2

Protect from landfill
It's possible to make some new water, that can't be closed by the landfill. Or new building, that can generate water around of it. No power or entity is dead - you can place landfill as earlier and go through.
Another complicated mod for beginners.

jkkopp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Mod Request][Mod Idea] PVP - Radar - Enemy Player Alert - Shild Buildings - Landfill

Post by jkkopp »

You can make new constant combinator which can see all players and has a distance to the nearest player, force based filter. Connect the speaker to it and the alarm is ready.
It's pretty complicated mod for beginners.
Thank you very much for that hint! I´ll try that and do my best to get this ready.

Looks like a great mod, i´ll look inside this. Maybe i understand it´s function. Thnks!
Protect from landfill
It's possible to make some new water, that can't be closed by the landfill. Or new building, that can generate water around of it. No power or entity is dead - you can place landfill as earlier and go through.
Another complicated mod for beginners.
The second idea is not what i am searching. Players should not be able to create big Water-Fields. Ans ther is nothing won if you could fill it up on any time.
But the first sounds good.
To get it into my mind: You mean. I create a new entity of Water. And if i build a new Building this building replaces the "old" water which could be landfilled with the "new" one. And if the building gets destroyed the Water will be replaced with the old?

Regards,

thanks for you Answer!

jkkopp

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

jkkopp wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:09 pm
But the first sounds good.
To get it into my mind: You mean. I create a new entity of Water. And if i build a new Building this building replaces the "old" water which could be landfilled with the "new" one. And if the building gets destroyed the Water will be replaced with the old?
For example we can change deep water and/or landfill so, that you cannot place landfill into the deep water. And special tool for game master, that he can change water to deep water and back.

jkkopp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jkkopp »

For example we can change deep water and/or landfill so, that you cannot place landfill into the deep water. And special tool for game master, that he can change water to deep water and back.
That wouldnt fetch the idea. Cause everyone needs Landfill on his own (for land expansion or exploration) => then everyone needs "game master" rights.
You know my problem?

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

jkkopp wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:44 am
That wouldnt fetch the idea. Cause everyone needs Landfill on his own (for land expansion or exploration) => then everyone needs "game master" rights.
You know my problem?
So we are need "base" entity, that can be placed only once and this selection tool can be used on the water in the near of this entity.
Anyhow destroyed "base" destroys the part of factory.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”