Is there any mods these days to allow people to spread out and play co-op doing rail systems?

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Is there any mods these days to allow people to spread out and play co-op doing rail systems?

Post by Kane »

In the past a lot of scripts, mods, etc could not deal with biters well and was more of a copy/paste messy setup. I was wondering if it was possible to setup a game say for 4 friends where we spawn say 1000's of tiles away from each other and overtime we build towards each other and build a big transport system.

The idea is have your own research / teach but share the same infrastructure like rail system.

We did this before but it was always messy and ended up always making our maps via the editor instead due to biter issues.

IIPoliII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Is there any mods these days to allow people to spread out and play co-op doing rail systems?

Post by IIPoliII »

Wellllll you should check my factorio server. I gonna soon do a post about it but actually every players joining gets a mini base and after the time we connect all the base together. It's called Join and play COOP !!! check one of the lastest map on https://factorio-saves.poli.fun/#Home%2 ... FOld-Saves
Check the server Info here too http://factorio.poli.fun. and just try our gaming experience c: !

Oh and you can join it by typing factorio.poli.fun in direct connection.

jim lee
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Is there any mods these days to allow people to spread out and play co-op doing rail systems?

Post by jim lee »

Never played co-op so this may be a dumb question, but is there ever any sort of trade agreements going on? Trading raw materials for finished, or maybe iron for copper.. Whtever I have a lot of and you don't. Sort of like Settlers of Catan.

-jim lee

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Kane wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:42 pm
I was wondering if it was possible to setup a game say for 4 friends where we spawn say 1000's of tiles away from each other and overtime we build towards each other and build a big transport system.
Multiplayer Individual Starting Spawns Scenario viewtopic.php?t=36987

May be add prebuilt rail system and indestructible (but deconstructible) attribute to all rails, signals and stations.

squiddog
Inserter
Inserter

Post by squiddog »

OARC is one such scenario. It's named after the originator, Oarcinae, and he updates his scenario on Github at https://github.com/Oarcinae/FactorioSce ... layerSpawn

It's going through some changes for 0.17 at the moment, and if you aren't familiar with Github (it's the dev_0.17 branch, not master at the moment) then it's best to just hop on a server running it, and then you have the scenario that you can re-use yourself. Look for SquidWorld OARC server as one example. There are also other variants such as jvmguy's (search on his name, he's a good dude), they shared a lot in common at one time but have diverged over time.

OARC starts each person at their own base WITH some fixed amount of resources (identical to each base). Often the bases are protected by moats etc. to give you time to build up defenses before taking on the external world.

If you use the OARC that I'm using, you can edit the config.lua for lots of things such as how big the ore patches are, etc.

Return to “Multiplayer”