Question about mods

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
B1tchFight
Inserter
Inserter

Question about mods

Post by B1tchFight »

Hey guys, I am pretty sure there are already some similar posts. I could at least find some but couldn't really get a answer for the question I had.

I found out that Bobs and Angels mod appear to be the best to have a good challenge but to be honest, I don't know what mods because I find quite a few. The question is if I do need every single Bob / Angel Mod if I want the full experience. I played a single game for around 700 hours with vanilla settings last year. I am looking for a complete rework now.

Any quick suggestions what I can take? I found some lists of mods that people posted and I might pick some of those as well.

I basically would like to enjoy a list of mods that are very complex and demanding to keep me busy. And maybe some mods for the lategame like auto deconstruction for minders. I already wrote this one down.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Question about mods

Post by Serenity »

Bob's is mostly modular. You can pick what you want. But for the start you could try everything except Classes, Enemies, Vehicle Equipment Warfare, and Adjustable Inserters. That gives a nice experience.

There are also tons of settings in Bob's where you can configure the complexity. For example I set the new belts to be 2 more tiles each, but don't enable the belt and speed overhaul. I disable the inserter overhaul. I require the previous tier for the next. For the logistics network stuff I keep the old roboports. I enable the new robot recipes. And I disable the crazy modules without negative consequences.

I'd also recommend to use only Bob's first without Angel's. That adds enough complexity by itself.

For those large mods you really need FNEI + Helmod to understand the recipes and ratios. There is also things like ShinyBobGFX and ShinyIcons that have better icon graphics.

Otherwise it depends on what you want. Features you think are missing. There are a quite few small Quality of Life mods you won't necessarily find just by looking at the biggest numbers.

Things I like:
Resource Spawner Overhaul
Advanced Radar
Atomic Artillery
Shuttle Train Lite
Beautiful Bridge Railway
Bottleneck
Canal Builder
Charcoal Burner
Coverup
Enhanced Map Colors
Expanded Color Lamps
Module Inserter
Nixie Tubes
Power Grid Comb
Reverse Factory
Sane Concrete
Upgrade Planner (will be obsolete with 0.17)
Vehicle Wagon
YARM

B1tchFight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by B1tchFight »

Thanks, so far. I have a list of about 110 mods by now. I hope they will work well together. As far as I could see they all work. I took a list from someone here and copied most of them. I go tryhard with a Bobs + Angels + Py collection and a ton of QoL Mods. :)

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starxplor »

I would suggest including bob's extra inserters, they make complex builds so much more fun to build because of the expanded access to inventories.

I play with this one even if I do not use the rest of bobs at all.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

Warfare and enemies only if you have biter enabled, and if you want a challenge.
Otherwise its a waste of resources. Only if you wanna test ammo making builds for a later game. Or wall BPs

Keep in mind that the suggestion of the first answer are aimed at suggesting bobs only.
Adjustable inserters are a must have for me.
But he is right in RSO. Its so much better than vanilla. Lets see what 0.17 brings.
Angels, without petrochem, is mostly simplified mining at the price of ore refining and processing. I also find the smelting part a very nice overhaul.
If you really wanna include Py, take that touched by an angel mod as well, as the main mods are not made for each other. AB in py makes it easier i heared, we'll start a map of that as soon as its somewhat stable in 0.17
I also like Madclowns AB extension, but its more like giving you options, not mandatory to use those ores

B1tchFight
Inserter
Inserter

Post by B1tchFight »

Yes, I use "Touched by an Angel" as well with Py mods. Otherweise they wouldn't work. I actually love the function about mod dependency.

I also use this "black market mod" It might sound very easy just to sell tons of stuff and buy new stuff but that's something I really love.

I played a few hours with all these mods now and I am like "Fuck this shit" because it looks really confusing but step by step I understand this complexity. That was actually the thing I wanted. A lot of fun. I hope it keeps me busy for another 1600 hours.

Return to “General discussion”