Re: Show Me Your...

Post by Cardoyle »

Nice! It is like a "One stop shop for all your gassing needs"

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Tar production. Inputs 4 yellow belts of stone and outputs have been reduced to about 600/s tar, 17/s coaldust, 2.14 chromite sand /s, and a small amount of nexelit ore. Tar production this way is efficient but messy with the many outputs, so I designed this for usage at the stone patch. Training 3 materials is easier than dealing with several of these stations inside my factory IMO. The mushrooms are just for producing coal which is just for combining with the coarse fraction for more tar.

And the coal dust? If you have coal processing 3 it's easy to void to ash but TBH it would best in any case to just throw up two columns of steam engines. I think this should run about 34 boilers for about 60MW! The machines take about 9 or so MW so you'd be about +50MW net.

I'm excited for the tar pit mine building in the new petro mod but until then...

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Lovely setup :D
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I can only imagine which mega bases can build some players, all this setups which combined toghether is very HUGE! :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Speaking of mega bases I just completed my first mega project

LOL

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

Let me guess..Your making your way towards Stainless steel?

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

I guess. There's not much reason to get stainless steel now before circuit2. What uses it? Red belts? But yeah headed that way. Molybdenum is needed for both. I was going to do gasoline -> liquid nitrogen -> tpa next, to get ready for kevlar. I think I wanted to get a sink for organic solvent ready before doing benzene stuff. And i'm going to use the nichrome recipe for nylon for now. I -think- I don't need to do zipirs until after circuit2 that way.

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

TwentyEighty wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:47 pm
I guess. There's not much reason to get stainless steel now before circuit2. What uses it? Red belts? But yeah headed that way. Molybdenum is needed for both. I was going to do gasoline -> liquid nitrogen -> tpa next, to get ready for kevlar. I think I wanted to get a sink for organic solvent ready before doing benzene stuff. And i'm going to use the nichrome recipe for nylon for now. I -think- I don't need to do zipirs until after circuit2 that way.
There is a building you need to make which requires Stainless Steel called a Gas processing Unit. This makes all the Doped Silicon things needed for circuit 2. Also being able to build the oil refinery with Stainless steel comes in handy.
Anyway i got a bit side tracked today on the road to circuit 2's and ended up making this for Graphene(10/sec). If the out but belts for Coke/Coal Dust are changed to red belts and 72 steam engines are added it will power itself as well as an extra 30MW

Edit: It produces Graphite not Graphene
Attachments
Graphene(10_Sec).PNG
Graphene(10_Sec).PNG (2.01 MiB) Viewed 5027 times
Last edited by Cardoyle on Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Cardoyle wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:13 pm
TwentyEighty wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:47 pm
There is a building you need to make which requires Stainless Steel called a Gas processing Unit. This makes all the Doped Silicon things needed for circuit 2. Also being able to build the oil refinery with Stainless steel comes in handy.
Anyway i got a bit side tracked today on the road to circuit 2's and ended up making this for Graphene(10/sec). If the out but belts for Coke/Coal Dust are changed to red belts and 72 steam engines are added it will power itself as well as an extra 30MW
what are those pomps?
also Graphene =!= graphite
also i made a book for circuit2 with ratios

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

Ah yea my bad its graphite hehe a big difference, i shall put an edit at the bottom.

The pumps are from the mod "stone water well",an alternative to using water fill, basically it just acts like an off shore pump but a lot nicer graphics and can be placed anywhere, maybe a bit cheaty but allows for better looking designs

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Sky-blue gold!

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Phew.... Finally finished cumene.

This is a phenol / acetone / organic solvent / methanol / petgas / co2 / sulfuric acid / acidgas provider!

Inputs are phosphoric acid, benzene, propene, cermaic, syngas, copper, and zinc.

It works by creating as much phenol as it can. At my tech level, the only thing byproduct acetone is good for is MIBC for titanium chain, and I couldn't use that much titanium yet if I tried. So the only sink is acetone + syngas = ammonia + organic solvent

Ammonia is well used, organic solvent isn't used as much as will be produced here. Maybe after kevlar? Until then, I need a sink. Organic solvent + olefins = methanol. I needed to make my olefins chain before this one for this reason.

Now I'm setting this petroleum gas higher in priority than my oil refinery, so it should get used fast enough. Methanol will be an important resource so i'm producing extra here if necessary with the syngas, copper, zinc.

But I still need a sink for the methanol, I'm not going to use it fast enough for a long time. So then you have methanol + syngas = acidgas + co2 + refined syngas. Refined syngas is great for niobium and I should need it later for fusion. It's nice to have extra stations for co2 I guess. That gets vented when it fills up because who cares. And finally I provide sulfuric acid / acid gas. That should get used up since priority is set to higher than my main sulfuric producer

https://imgur.com/FDXszzo

On to liquid nitrogen!

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

TwentyEighty wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:12 pm

This is a phenol / acetone / organic solvent / methanol / petgas / co2 / sulfuric acid / acidgas provider!

Inputs are phosphoric acid, benzene, propene, cermaic, syngas, copper, and zinc.

It works by creating as much phenol as it can. At my tech level, the only thing byproduct acetone is good for is MIBC for titanium chain, and I couldn't use that much titanium yet if I tried. So the only sink is acetone + syngas = ammonia + organic solvent

Ammonia is well used, organic solvent isn't used as much as will be produced here. Maybe after kevlar? Until then, I need a sink. Organic solvent + olefins = methanol. I needed to make my olefins chain before this one for this reason.

Now I'm setting this petroleum gas higher in priority than my oil refinery, so it should get used fast enough. Methanol will be an important resource so i'm producing extra here if necessary with the syngas, copper, zinc.

But I still need a sink for the methanol, I'm not going to use it fast enough for a long time. So then you have methanol + syngas = acidgas + co2 + refined syngas. Refined syngas is great for niobium and I should need it later for fusion. It's nice to have extra stations for co2 I guess. That gets vented when it fills up because who cares. And finally I provide sulfuric acid / acid gas. That should get used up since priority is set to higher than my main sulfuric producer

On to liquid nitrogen!

Amazing. Why dont you use the excess methanol to generate energy by transforming it into combustion mixture?
pY Coal processing mod

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Probably will do that with leftovers and refsyngas as well. That's another screen :D

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:04 pm
TwentyEighty wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:12 pm

On to liquid nitrogen!

Amazing. Why dont you use the excess methanol to generate energy by transforming it into combustion mixture?
ii do that with the excess hydrogen in my o2/h2 provider
also with refsyngas at my tar2 plant

hallgeirl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hallgeirl »

My power plant, MK1. Just add water.
It needs an about 30-33MW to run when producing maximum power, and produces 208MW (175-ish MW net). I'm sure it can be improved - suggestions are welcome! I haven't focused on making it very compact, but it works well. And space is plenty anyway, so... :)

The bottom row of buildings produce an extra belt of coke (via red hot coke) as the stuff produced from the coal gas production doesn't make enough to run it at full power. Excess iron is belted to a train station. Ash is put into additional greenhouses on top.
20190225052713_1.jpg
20190225052713_1.jpg (823.1 KiB) Viewed 4870 times
For those who may be interested in reusing this, here's the blueprint.
https://factorioprints.com/view/-LZXwLR3hYcHKJn5dCdN

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

How much power is used for heating, it looks very cold there, haha only kidding. I like how you make use of three different recipes for making logs.

The only thing I would change is...
When working towards circuit 2's ash becomes "more" usefull, so i would stop venting the flue gas and use 8 filters to convert it into ash(looks like you probably get roughly 12/sec with this build), which is a nice steady suppply of it.

hallgeirl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hallgeirl »

Cardoyle wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:22 pm
How much power is used for heating, it looks very cold there, haha only kidding. I like how you make use of three different recipes for making logs.

The only thing I would change is...
When working towards circuit 2's ash becomes "more" usefull, so i would stop venting the flue gas and use 8 filters to convert it into ash(looks like you probably get roughly 12/sec with this build), which is a nice steady suppply of it.
That's why we need automation, so we don't need to keep those pesky humans warm ;-)

Thanks for the tips! I'm actually about to start the journey towards circuit 2 and didn't know ashes actually will become useful... currently the only reason I have those extra greenhouses on top there is to get rid of excess ash. At full power, I get close to a full belt of ash, just from syngas production and tar cracking (very little coke->coal gas going on because coke's needed elsewhere).

Since I have three of these suckers currently, and as you point out, lots of potential ash from flu gas, I hope my ash needs are covered. :D

hallgeirl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hallgeirl »

My fiberboard factory, all MK1... 1 full yellow belt of fiberboards! Before I started I was like... how complicated can this be, anyway. Turned out to be a bit more work than I first anticipated. :D
20190304200031_1.jpg
20190304200031_1.jpg (836.52 KiB) Viewed 4750 times

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

hallgeirl wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:04 pm
My fiberboard factory, all MK1... 1 full yellow belt of fiberboards! Before I started I was like... how complicated can this be, anyway. Turned out to be a bit more work than I first anticipated. :D

20190304200031_1.jpg
wow :)
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”