0.17 spillage logic and LuaSurface.spill_item_stack

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
H8UL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

0.17 spillage logic and LuaSurface.spill_item_stack

Post by H8UL »

Quick question to devs. In FFF-256 The Little Things 3 -- https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-256 -- it was revealed that the spill logic has been tweaked to avoid belts. What I'm wondering is if this change applies to LuaSurface.spill_item_stack?
Shameless mod plugging: Ribbon Maze

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: 0.17 spillage logic and LuaSurface.spill_item_stack

Post by Bilka »

H8UL wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:20 am
it was revealed that the spill logic has been tweaked to avoid belts. What I'm wondering is if this change applies to LuaSurface.spill_item_stack?
Yes, it does.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

H8UL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by H8UL »

Bilka wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:52 pm
H8UL wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:20 am
it was revealed that the spill logic has been tweaked to avoid belts. What I'm wondering is if this change applies to LuaSurface.spill_item_stack?
Yes, it does.
Thanks!

MewMew
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MewMew »

Players are using LuaSurface.spill_item_stack in some scenarios to spill items on a conveyor belt intentionally.

Can we still have the option so it spills like that. Maybe some boolean value? Else this old mechanic would be broken. :geek:

H8UL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by H8UL »

MewMew wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:03 am
Players are using LuaSurface.spill_item_stack in some scenarios to spill items on a conveyor belt intentionally.

Can we still have the option so it spills like that. Maybe some boolean value? Else this old mechanic would be broken. :geek:
That would be really good. The reason I asked about this originally was I wanted to spill onto belts. I had an idea for a mod where items could drop from one surface to another, spilling could then be used as a deliberately messy, early game way of transporting items (one way) between surfaces. Now it'd only work with bots clearing up items marked for removal which means not so much early game. So I canned the idea for the mod because it was one of the main ways I was going to make surfaces do something different to vanilla logistics.

Return to “Modding discussion”