Moderator: pyanodon

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: PyBlock (alpha)

Post by kingarthur »

Veez wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:26 pm
But the Ground Borer still requires 150 Titanium, so we can't get an initial ground borer?
Damn I knew I forgot something.
Also, I see your changed ressources of the automated screener in the data-updates.lua, but they do not get updated ingame (reinstalling with new game etc. didn't work) What do I have to do to apply such changes? Were they applied in your tests?

Don't take it as criticism, just trying to help :)
Cheers!
Ya it worked for me. I'll double check it and see what's up with it.

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

So I have a question: how do I get enough copper to progress to making my own? Do I have to go around scavenging for wreckage? Or is there some other way that I'm not seeing?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

donoya wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:39 am
So I have a question: how do I get enough copper to progress to making my own? Do I have to go around scavenging for wreckage? Or is there some other way that I'm not seeing?
Should be like 5 - 10 shipwrecks that contain scrap. Should be enough to get started.

Are you finding them to not be enough?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

new update fixed issue with automated screener not correctly reducing ingredients and fixed titanium deadlock

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

Yay for the first bit, noticed it late, but before I got the 60 steel. Second bit will be important sometime this week I hope...

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

kingarthur wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:49 am
donoya wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:39 am
Should be like 5 - 10 shipwrecks that contain scrap. Should be enough to get started.

Are you finding them to not be enough?
After looking at it a little more, I think there's a recipe mix-up. I have a recipe for the quenching tower that gives me lead and chromium, but it shows the icon for iron and copper. In order to get iron and copper, I thought I'd have to get coal processing 2 researched, but it doesn't seem to have the recipe unlocked there, either.
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (85.63 KiB) Viewed 4974 times

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

with coal processing 1 at least, you should see 4 recipes I think:

copper & iron from tar
copper & iron from tar (but with the icons for borax & niobium, localized name doesn't get changed properly)
aluminum & tin from tailings
lead & chromium from tar

they may not show up in the list until you plop down the tower though

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Ya the copper and iron one should be unlocked from the start. If you dont have it then something must be messing up.

Edit: just looked and I pretty sure I messed something up iron/copper from tar is being overwrite by lead/chromium

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

They're working here in 0.0.10, though I haven't unlocked coal processing 2 yet.

The icon is normal, PyBlock doesn't do anything to change it to a fancier one

Looking over the lua, the copy process seems fine. If enabling tailings-copper-iron from the start was a change that happened in a version after the game was created, I think it might have stayed disabled. The change in technology.lua affects the prototype, but the current force state for it probably doesn't track that...

The other two recipes unlock with coal-processing-1 I think

Szentigrade
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Szentigrade »

can someone post a quick start guide as i'm lost what to build at the start to get going

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Szentigrade wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:24 am
can someone post a quick start guide as i'm lost what to build at the start to get going
Well if you want a simple text based list I can do that now or give me six hours and I can get pics more details

Szentigrade
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Szentigrade »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:27 am
Szentigrade wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:24 am
Well if you want a simple text based list I can do that now or give me six hours and I can get pics more details
simple text based for now with pics later is fine

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

so assuming py mods only.

0. your toolbar should be empty
0.1.starting out on the small island you should see around the starting position a handful of shipwreck parts between 5 and 10. one contains needs starting parts
1. using the landfill as sparingly as possible(save 25 units for later) in your inventory make a paths out to the shipwrecks and mine them. (you start with a pick axe already equipped)
2. after mining the wrecks you should have a stone furnace and a inventory mostly full of scrap copper and scrap iron. place stone furnace add 1 or 2 wood pieces as fuel(should smelt a whole stack of scrap) and smelt 160 scrap iron into wrought iron.
3. using wrought iron and the stone in your pocket craft a Crude Destructive Distillation Column.
4. using the crude-ddc burn a stack of ten wood into coal for more effective fuel (can do more as needed. save 5 wood for later).
5. add to the stone furnace smelting scrap and keep making wrought iron and a little bit of copper(smelting a stack of scrap copper should be enough for now).
5.a. can make a second stone furnace to make copper as to keep iron going non stop
6. with saved landfill, wrought iron and copper plates craft a burner quenching tower.
7. place the quenching tower in such a way as to use the tar output from the crude-ddc. use the iron/ copper from tar recipe
8. if you haven't already start venting the coal gas from the crude-ddc to keep it working.
9. craft a Crude Nursery to start getting more logs for wood.
10. craft a Burner Wood Processing Unit to convert logs to wood for crude-ddc
11. smelt any remaining scrap metal and smelt iron/copper ore.
12. craft Burner Soil Extractor and burner washer for more landfill.

after that just keep expanding what you've started. make more burner quenching towers for the other metals as needed and you can turn wrought iron into regular iron plates to make steel to craft a autoscreener for the quartz for flasks needed for sci 1. as you get more landfill you can also reach out to the near by iron rock and use a early iron mine to get more iron ore.

should have covered all the needed bits.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

id love to see some streaming or video of someone playing that ahhaha.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Szentigrade
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Szentigrade »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:09 am
so assuming py mods only.

0. your toolbar should be empty
0.1.starting out on the small island you should see around the starting position a handful of shipwreck parts between 5 and 10. one contains needs starting parts
1. using the landfill as sparingly as possible(save 25 units for later) in your inventory make a paths out to the shipwrecks and mine them. (you start with a pick axe already equipped)
2. after mining the wrecks you should have a stone furnace and a inventory mostly full of scrap copper and scrap iron. place stone furnace add 1 or 2 wood pieces as fuel(should smelt a whole stack of scrap) and smelt 160 scrap iron into wrought iron.
3. using wrought iron and the stone in your pocket craft a Crude Destructive Distillation Column.
4. using the crude-ddc burn a stack of ten wood into coal for more effective fuel (can do more as needed. save 5 wood for later).
5. add to the stone furnace smelting scrap and keep making wrought iron and a little bit of copper(smelting a stack of scrap copper should be enough for now).
5.a. can make a second stone furnace to make copper as to keep iron going non stop
6. with saved landfill, wrought iron and copper plates craft a burner quenching tower.
7. place the quenching tower in such a way as to use the tar output from the crude-ddc. use the iron/ copper from tar recipe
8. if you haven't already start venting the coal gas from the crude-ddc to keep it working.
9. craft a Crude Nursery to start getting more logs for wood.
10. craft a Burner Wood Processing Unit to convert logs to wood for crude-ddc
11. smelt any remaining scrap metal and smelt iron/copper ore.
12. craft Burner Soil Extractor and burner washer for more landfill.

after that just keep expanding what you've started. make more burner quenching towers for the other metals as needed and you can turn wrought iron into regular iron plates to make steel to craft a autoscreener for the quartz for flasks needed for sci 1. as you get more landfill you can also reach out to the near by iron rock and use a early iron mine to get more iron ore.

should have covered all the needed bits.
got it up and running

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Szentigrade wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:05 am

got it up and running

nice. looks like you got some tin and aluminium going pretty quickly too. now on to science and electric power :arrow:

Szentigrade
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Szentigrade »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:45 am
Szentigrade wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:05 am

got it up and running

nice. looks like you got some tin and aluminium going pretty quickly too. now on to science and electric power :arrow:
was fast to reach science, but making glass is so slow and slows down science alot

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

Science is going to be slow for a good while period. It's about 560 glass per minute for two autofacs, one per sci pack. 5 screeners into a jaw crusher is about 60. The sand to run those is worse.

I'm slowly crawling through techs I can't do much about right now while getting some of the bulky prereqs in place for pcbs, and glass is the main bottleneck. Soil extractors are about 80% of the power usage.

A lot of that is standard pymods though. The numbers tend to be a bit ridiculous on the moondrop, ralesia, kicalk, and Aug paddock cycle.

Locally I have a modified seablock mining that will apply mining prod to ground borders, sand extractors, and soil extractors, but it is at least a couple hundred more science until I hit that.

Plan for now is to start building a ton of bulk sand production and scaling up quartz crushing until I have spare glass again, with research aimed at getting trains running to start untangling things and eat up some fuel.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

I haven't actually compared pyblock to normal pyro but glass was pretty slow there 2. Im about to play and record some pyblock to see how things go

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

Last time I did base pymods, it was before raw ores. The pain points then were finding the ores in the first place, and long build times for most buildings.

I recall getting the basics of circuit production started a lot sooner, but tended to bottleneck on wood and steel for scaling up urea production.

Contrasting with a seablock run I took to the middle of the spacex endgame:

I'll have trains a lot sooner in pyblock. Belt spaghetti can work for angelbob, but there are too many byproducts and loops to wrap my brain around here.

Power is not an issue in pyblock, at all. Biggest panic I've had so far was a hiccup or two when coal gas shut down because the coke was backed up. Seablocks power loop doesn't really stop being a gigantic headache until you're on the cusp of nuclear. On py, that will likely never, ever be an issue, if only because dropping a couple of fawogae plantations and some HPFs to convert them to coke is ridiculously energy positive. There's also so much coke and coal in the main production loops that one would never be in the seablock situation of needing to remember to always be foraging cellulose fiber by hand, because that 1.1 MW it's worth stays a significant portion of your power production until hour 50...

Ore supply seems like it will be more straightforward in pyblock, late game seablock I had a lot of issues getting sludge pumped around

Return to “PyMods”