Belt/Underground Belt & Pipe/Underground Pipe planner

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Chibiabos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Belt/Underground Belt & Pipe/Underground Pipe planner

Post by Chibiabos »

I can't be the only one whom has to string underground pipes over long distances sometimes which is frustrating. Try to do it in, say, a car for speed, and no matter how orthogonal you try to drive, eventually you go one pixel too far to a side and blamo, my string of underground pipes is broken and I have to circle back, zoom in, try to line up the car orthogonally again and pick up.

There's a basic mechanism already in place for handling laying logistical connections over longer distances: the rail planner. Whether laying 'ghost' plans for construction builders or even just laying it down, I can lay rail over long distances without having to worry about being pixel/tile-perfect. Could it be adapted for laying out pipes (whether surface or underground) and belts (surface or underground) over long distances?

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Belt/Underground Belt & Pipe/Underground Pipe planner

Post by 5thHorseman »

Yes, please.

Also, look in to VehicleSnap. I consider it a must-have mod.

Godangel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Belt/Underground Belt & Pipe/Underground Pipe planner

Post by Godangel »

It's an essential must have feature. Especially for new players, especially which came from Satisfactory. Also it is present in lots of strategies (like Anno series for example) and many players treats it like expected behavior.

Moreover, it's already partially implemented as rail planner. Also electric poles and underground belts/pipes placement is already abide to placement rules, but have no planner whatsoever.

Also, if implemented it's good to have planner worked with every building, not just belts/pipes. It's not essential, but nevertheless convenient to see result before building multiple assemblers at once instead of running and holding left mouse button.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”