[MOD 0.12.20] Concrete Lamppost

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Foxy_Boxes
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] Concrete Lamppost

Post by Foxy_Boxes »

Pohybel wrote:listen mod is useless without this option maybe there is any way to implement rotation maybe others moder can help? Can you tell my where is problem, i know il be layman but maybe someone reat this and make help?
It's very important for me that this mod work properly.
Listen comment is useless without respect and proper punctuation enabling readability.
The game has limitations, acknowledge that and move on.

Lurkily
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lurkily »

Got to agree with many comments here - you have to respect the limitations a person works under. "Please reconsider changing the laws of nature" is not an appropriate response to "It can't be done." The proper response is to try and suggest alternatives or workarounds, like the suggestion of the multiple lamp pole, for which facing is not an issue.

Working with a developer or a modder when you don't have the coding skills to do what they do is difficult. I know, I've worked with some indie game devs as a designer, without having the coding background they did. You can't just not believe in the limits they face. You have to try to understand those limits, and then you can help them circumvent them.

Sirisma
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sirisma »

So I read through the comments and I'm curious as I am a total greenhorn to the world of Factorio modding...
How hard is it to mirror a texture and add another few recipes? I was thinking maybe just have the two options for the poles one facing East the other West and add two more recipes that can be done by hand that just change one pole into the other.
No disrespect meant it's a totally honest question. If it's not something worth doing yourself I am totally up to it I just have no idea how hard it would be.
Crowdfund was successful! I built my own new computer!
Visit my Youtube channel for various bits and Bob's from whatever I happen to be playing :)
https://www.youtube.com/c/Sirisma
Warning: Profanity included :x

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Sirisma wrote:So I read through the comments and I'm curious as I am a total greenhorn to the world of Factorio modding...
How hard is it to mirror a texture and add another few recipes? I was thinking maybe just have the two options for the poles one facing East the other West and add two more recipes that can be done by hand that just change one pole into the other.
No disrespect meant it's a totally honest question. If it's not something worth doing yourself I am totally up to it I just have no idea how hard it would be.
The problem with mirroring textures, is that the shadows would then be facing the wrong direction, which would look completely wrong, i might at some time make a new mod like 'Fancy Lampposts' which will have 2 lamps, which will be much better in terms of direction and stuff... we will see

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

wtf is with all the complaining ?!?!? this mod is fucking great! can you please make buildings that could be just built or placed just for the looks, would be really appreciated since it would feel cool to build some towns and stuff :)

DutchJer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DutchJer »

i dont know where to post this, but when i use farl with a blueprint of the concrete lampposts, the lamppost are placed down, but dont light up at night. Is this a bug in your code, or in farl?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

DutchJer wrote:i dont know where to post this, but when i use farl with a blueprint of the concrete lampposts, the lamppost are placed down, but dont light up at night. Is this a bug in your code, or in farl?
Probably a little of both, Im guessing the game surface.create_entity command doesn't fire the script.on_entity_created event... which is what i use to place down the lamps

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Klonan wrote:Probably a little of both, Im guessing the game surface.create_entity command doesn't fire the script.on_entity_created event... which is what i use to place down the lamps
Yeah both probably, if you could a remote interface that takes the created lamppost, i could call it from farl once it places one. Had to do the same for 5dims trains and their electric rails.

DutchJer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DutchJer »

sounds good :D thanks guys :D

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Actually Klonan, you don't need to do anything, should be enough if i do

Code: Select all

game.raise_event(defines.events.on_robot_built_entity, {created_entity = entity})
Btw, is it intentional that the lamp is of force neutral? to me it would make more sense if it where the same force as the created powerpole?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Choumiko wrote:Actually Klonan, you don't need to do anything, should be enough if i do

Code: Select all

game.raise_event(defines.events.on_robot_built_entity, {created_entity = entity})
Btw, is it intentional that the lamp is of force neutral? to me it would make more sense if it where the same force as the created powerpole?
Yep, If they are both player.force, they are both included in blueprints, which leads to odd behavior, but since the lamp is neutral, it still works as a lamp and draws from the electric network, but doesn't include itself in any blueprints.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Nice lights. I really love the concept of them. Going to add them to my new series starting tomorrow.

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

So I found a bug, When you try to mine anything by hand in a sandbox scenario the game gives an error and goes to the main menu.
(I Use sandbox to test mods, which i probably won't anymore since it can have bugs the normal version won't lol)

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

sporefreak wrote:So I found a bug, When you try to mine anything by hand in a sandbox scenario the game gives an error and goes to the main menu.
(I Use sandbox to test mods, which i probably won't anymore since it can have bugs the normal version won't lol)

Can you show a screenshot of the error? If you're placing concrete lampposts in the editor you will have to place down both entities by hand, as the scripts don't run

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

We can't rotate lamps and for me its big flaw because we can only place lamps in one direction. If we make corners or crosses it will automatically rotate laps to wire direction and mess up view.

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

Oh whoops this is a problem with electrical pole lights not concrete lamps. I guess i saw the name and didn't really process it as a different mod....

gendalf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gendalf »

does it have the same power consumption as a lamp?

T-A-R
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by T-A-R »

Hi res? ^^

Return to “Mods”