Press shift to switch from normal rail planner mode to ghost rail planner mode

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Press shift to switch from normal rail planner mode to ghost rail planner mode

Post by Zavian »

At the moment, (ie in 0.16), once you have entered normal rail planner mode, you can't switch to ghost rail planner mode by pressing shift. I regularly find I'm manually building some rails, and I want to place the next section, but there is a tree or a rock in the way. It would be super useful to be able to just press shift to switch to ghost planner mode and let my bots clear the trees/rocks. At the moment I need to actually cancel rail mode, before I can do that.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Press shift to switch from normal rail planner mode to ghost rail planner mode

Post by Jap2.0 »

Yes. Seemingly every time I want ghost rails I run into this.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

invisus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Press shift to switch from normal rail planner mode to ghost rail planner mode

Post by invisus »

Agreed. This would reduce a lot of frustration by easily being able to "shift" between the two. Often when having to exit one mode and enter another, I'm trying to do it hastily out of frustration and end up double tapping "q" at the wrong time, or mistiming a "shift" press. This of course causes more frustration, but it's always seemed a bit more painful then it ought to.

With rails, for me at least, this single issue is the biggest example of the game/interface getting in between the player, and well, playing.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”