[0.16.51]Removing power cable from power poles also removes circuit cables

Bugs that are actually features.
Rysz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.16.51]Removing power cable from power poles also removes circuit cables

Post by Rysz »

I hope this has not already been reported, I have tried to search for it. I also hope it's a bug and not an intended feature.

When I have a electric pole connected both with power cable and circuit wires, when I use the copper cable to remove the power cables, it also removes the circuit wires. This messes up my circuit network...

I think the remove function should be dependent on the choice of cable/wire used to remove the connection.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.16.51]Removing power cable from power poles also removes circuit cables

Post by Loewchen »

Can not reproduce. Post a vanilla save that shows that behaviour please.

Rysz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rysz »

It seems I should correct one "condition", sorry about that.
This only happens when there are no actual power cable on that particular pole

Sorry, I had quite a dense forest of poles and a hugh labyrinth of circuit wires and it's not always easy to see whether a pole indeed has a (unneeded and only more confunding) power cable.

I think above added comment would suffice, but just in case: save game attached, not vanilla though (creating a vanilla game up to the point where I do have circuit wires would take too long a time)
Attachments
Rysz_16Q_Circuit.zip
(6.9 MiB) Downloaded 95 times

Blacky007
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blacky007 »

one simlpe question - you know that you can remove all power and or circuit cables using the SHIFT-click on powerpoles?
firtst click removes all powercable - second shift click removes all circuit cables
My color birthday was May 2nd 2020 - Thank you Enchroma

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Rysz wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:46 am
It seems I should correct one "condition", sorry about that.
This only happens when there are no actual power cable on that particular pole

Sorry, I had quite a dense forest of poles and a hugh labyrinth of circuit wires and it's not always easy to see whether a pole indeed has a (unneeded and only more confunding) power cable.

I think above added comment would suffice, but just in case: save game attached, not vanilla though (creating a vanilla game up to the point where I do have circuit wires would take too long a time)
If poles do not have a power line connection it will simply create instead of remove one by clicking on them with copper wire, neither operation shows the behaviour you describe, even when using the save you provided.

Rysz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rysz »

Blacky007 wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:51 pm
one simlpe question - you know that you can remove all power and or circuit cables using the SHIFT-click on powerpoles?
firtst click removes all powercable - second shift click removes all circuit cables
I think that's what happens.
Because there are no powercables (whether because of the first click, or because there were none to start with).
So that would mean it's not a bug, but a consequence of a feature.

Also Loewchens reaction teaches me I need to describe more specific (up to the combination of keyboard keys and mouse clicks) what I did exactly.

Return to “Not a bug”