Use storage chests before passive provider chests

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
sungod3k
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Use storage chests before passive provider chests

Post by sungod3k »

Hi,

the new types of chests have certainly made the whole logistics network better, however Im still missing one function and I wonder if some of you had the same issue or already have a solution.

In mid to late game the storage chests get fuller and fuller, so it would be great if the drones could prioritize taking out of the storage chests before taking them from the passive provider chests.

For example. There is a passive provider chests for bricks I produce and when I replace the bricks with concrete I will have a big surplus that gets stored in the storage chests. So when I have a requester chest at the concrete production line, there is no point taking the bricks from the passive provider chest, when there are still bricks in the storage chests.

Another example: Barrels. Emptied barrels usually get stored in the storage chests when they are not immediately used. So there is no point in the drones getting barrels from the barrel production line when there are still some in the storage chests.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Use storage chests before passive provider chests

Post by Serenity »

That's how it is supposed to be. Passive providers have the lowest priority
Last edited by Serenity on Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Yeah, it does work that way. If you aren't seeing that behavior you might have separate zones.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

It sounds like you want to use buffer chests instead. They will pull items out of storage and act as a passive provider at the same time. Don't forget to use inserter wireless mode to shut down the mall when you have too many X in the network.

Return to “Gameplay Help”