First logistic chests

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
etevago
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

First logistic chests

Post by etevago » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:36 pm

I was trying to figure out how to move some items from a distance without using a lot of belts, so I went for the bots, but seems that with the basic robots technology I can't do that, so I guess I'll just have to wait until unlocking the other chests to do something useful with them, right?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: First logistic chests

Post by Koub » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Right :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Serenity
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Serenity » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:55 pm

The use of early logistics bot is to supply yourself with them. Provider and storage chests are fine for that. Though even then you need some of the robot speed upgrades to be practical

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Serenity wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:55 pm
The use of early logistics bot is to supply yourself with them. Provider and storage chests are fine for that. Though even then you need some of the robot speed upgrades to be practical
not just to suply yourself, you can also use them for blueprint building. at certain point (usualy still far from having requester chest) i start building logistic area and automating building production, ten i can use bots to expand factory just by laying blueprint.

Serenity
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Serenity » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:44 pm

The use of "logistics bots" was deliberate. Of course you can also use the construction bots

Return to “Gameplay Help”