EndgameCombat - Defend your base against lategame enemies with ease

All mods from Reika

Moderator: Reika

OhMods
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Endgame Combat - Alert noises - HOLY SHIT HOW DO I TURN THEM OFF

Post by OhMods »

Thank you for this. With .17 so close, I decided to try for a quick mod-full game this playthru. With lots of new mods and changes I normally wouldn't even consider (especially lots of enemies and weapons), I couldn't figure out which mod this eternal racket was coming from. When I discovered it was this, EndGame Combat and no way to disable this noise I was steps away from just removing this. This makes the game unplayable for me. I finally found your edits and it helped tremendously. After another day, I still lowered it sound even more. It now means I can I play the game at 'normal' volumes while still being able to hear other alarms, all while still enjoying youtube or twitch or whatever else I may be watching while playing.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Endgame Combat - Slows game to a crawl after encountering Green biters

Post by Reika »

Locane wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:07 pm
Reika wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:28 pm

Show me the ingame profiling data.
I'd love to, how do I do that?

SuperSandro2000: I did mess with graphics settings a little bit to see if it made any difference, but it didn't. I also have a GTX Titan X (Pascal), so running a sprite game should be no problem.
One of the function keys.

Locane
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Locane »

Reika wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:09 pm
One of the function keys.
Is this what you're looking for?
https://i.imgur.com/SiaBQcL.png

I scanned it briefly but nothing really makes sense to me.

Locane
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Locane »

Ok, I did some experimentation - in a game where there's no slowness and EGC is enabled, the first number is 9 ish with a low of 8 and a high of 12.

I was able to reproduce the slowness by just getting in my improved tank and driving WAYYYYY out in to biter land, and then back. That produced an average of 22 with a low of 18 and a high of 45.

Now that game (which I saved separately), is slow when it loads like my main game.

Locane
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Endgame Combat - Alert noises - HOLY SHIT HOW DO I TURN THEM OFF

Post by Locane »

OhMods wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:08 pm
Thank you for this. With .17 so close, I decided to try for a quick mod-full game this playthru. With lots of new mods and changes I normally wouldn't even consider (especially lots of enemies and weapons), I couldn't figure out which mod this eternal racket was coming from. When I discovered it was this, EndGame Combat and no way to disable this noise I was steps away from just removing this. This makes the game unplayable for me. I finally found your edits and it helped tremendously. After another day, I still lowered it sound even more. It now means I can I play the game at 'normal' volumes while still being able to hear other alarms, all while still enjoying youtube or twitch or whatever else I may be watching while playing.
Oh hey cool! I'm glad someone had the same experience I did! Well, not GLAD, but you know what I mean.

I didn't want to remove EGC either, I'm glad we don't have to.

Locane
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Locane »

Is there anything I can do to help you troubleshoot?

I haven't worked on Factorio mods, but I do work in tech.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

Locane wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:51 am
Is there anything I can do to help you troubleshoot?

I haven't worked on Factorio mods, but I do work in tech.
Your data does indeed point to EGC being the culprit, but I have no idea where the problem lies, as the data is not that granular. One thing to try would be to start commenting out chunks of the control.lua tick code and seeing what removal(s) fix the issue. Remember that changing script code requires a save reload to take effect.

Locane
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: EndgameCombat - Defend your base against lategame enemies with ease

Post by Locane »

Thanks. I tinkered with this a little bit - having no idea what I was doing, I was commenting out sections of data.lua and removing things like radar and orbital stuff, hoping that it was map reveal that was maybe causing it. Nothing changed, though.

I ultimately just disabled it and started a new map with my partner, she wanted to start from scratch anyway.

OhMods
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by OhMods »

How do I get rid of this? I removed a turret and the 'Turret Logistic Interface' stuck around. I can select and open it but unable to do anything else with it.

I tried to blueprint and deconstruct. Even tho it has 100 health, I tried shooting it. No damage. Tried using grenades and nothing. Now it's sitting in the path of where I'm building to.

It was a battle front with turrets and once I cleared them out, I continue to expand and push forward but with this sitting in my path, it's pretty bad.

Ragoras
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ragoras »

I've got a similar problem.
Currently I'm Playing with about 32 fps(i have a i7-4790k and factorio uses up between 70%-90% of the cpu). without the mod i got ready 60 fps without a problem :/ sadly I love this mod and would really like to play more with it. Could it be a problem with the thousands of alien tissues lying on the ground?

edit: if i join a friend on his server with the same map i have a frame ever about 4 seconds too

Ragoras
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ragoras »

Update:
The FPS are back to 60 after we've killed all the biter bases in our range and picked up the alien tissues.
I don't know which one of both is the problem, would be nice if you could look into it :)

timer67
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timer67 »

https://imgur.com/a/OGO1T91

Good evening, been getting this error popping up a lot in our game. Wondering if you can help :) ?

armbine
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by armbine »

Are you gonna update endgame combat to 0.17?

timer67
Inserter
Inserter

Post by timer67 »

I'd also like to know this, love to see this mod in .17 :D

armedwithpuns
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by armedwithpuns »

hey, I love this so far, but having some troubles with the range upgrades. I placed down a modded turret that has it's own separate ammunition, and I get an error message saying I can't put the ammo into the turret as it's now "[turret] range upgrade 3" or what ever and the ammo can only go into [turret] I was wondering if you could change the mod to allow me to just disable the range upgrades altogether from the mod options menu, or change the way the range upgrades are applied, so they don't change the name of the turrets the bonus is applied to.

sh4dow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sh4dow »

It would be nice if the ammo alert could be customized further - for example, turrets that never had any ammunition should not create emergency warnings. Also, there are some modded turrets (like cannon turrets without cannon magazines) which can only hold a limited number of shots - if a type of cannon shells only stacks to 100 but the set treshold is 150 (standard setting), the mod would warn even if full - the easiest solution would probably be a per-turret threshold.

sh4dow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sh4dow »

Another suggestion is a dynamic turret ammo request amount: depending on the evolution factor, the amount of ammo requested should always be 2 times of the 'low ammo' warning amount. This is especially useful when crating ammo - having 150 (full turret inventory + 50 in logistic chest) crates equaling 1500 shots stored in every turret is a bit excessive IMO (especially when using ones with a lower fire rate like those of the modular turret mod).

godliikekyle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by godliikekyle »

can anyone help me with this mod? idk whats wrong. says i have everything for depend on, even tried the optional one too
Attachments
fact.png
fact.png (76.29 KiB) Viewed 6040 times

flytojupiter
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by flytojupiter »

Hi, I really like the idea of your mod!
Currently I run into the issue that crafting (for example) the sulfur ammo requires the sulfur ammo crate and the sulfur ammo crate requires crafting the sulfur ammo itself. The only one that is working is the conv. ammo

Am I thickheaded and overlooking something or does this not work?

xeneonic
Inserter
Inserter

Post by xeneonic »

None of the ammo (i.e. Cannon Shell Magazine), new defenses (i.e. Plasma Turret) or personal defenses (i.e. Advanced Laser Defense Equipment) scale with their respective damage bonuses. This means that just 2 or so upgrades in space tech for their respective damage upgrades, the vanilla versions of those entities become superior. Some of them are already superior without space damage techs. (i.e. Laser turrets)

Playing the latest 0.18 experimental.

Return to “Reika's Mods”