All mods from Reika

Moderator: Reika

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

EndgameCombat - Defend your base against lategame enemies with ease

Post by Reika »

Mod Info:
Is your base being overrun with behemoth biters? Are your turret outposts taking tens of seconds, if not more, to take down each biter, letting the spitters do untold damage in the meantime? Do you hate spending hours clearing all the new biter bases that keep appearing near your walls? Does the constant blare of "robot destroyed" alarms irritate you every time a robot goes near even a small biter? Do you get satisfaction from taking a worm shot to the face and shrugging it off like a raindrop, or taking out 37 spawners in one massive strike?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, or near any similar question you can conceive of, you may want to try EndgameCombat. From simple things like better armor, stronger walls, and more powerful turrets, to advanced defences like shield domes and self-healing turrets, to high-power weaponry like napalm and neutron bomb rockets and orbital bombardment of biter bases, to convenience features like crated ammo, logistic robot and power pole defences and researches to boost turret range, it has a great deal of content which is designed to - and more than capable of - making you once again able to stomp the native fauna, regardless of whether they have decided to turn green or grow to the size of dump trucks.

Does not add new enemies or change non-combat (or biter)-related mechanics (eg recipe progression).

For guidelines regarding bug reporting, FAQ, and similar, see my post here.

Screenshots/Video:
After a napalm shell/rocket:

A radiation field left by a dirty bomb:

A shockwave turret - weak against small waves of strong enemies, good against giant waves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RblWlztwVHI

Shield Domes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBgHNM1X4Tg

Orbital Bombardment, the easiest and fastest way to destroy massive swarms and bases:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVA6yicMJEg

Plasma Turret, showing performance and the BobMod recipe integration:

Gaist
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: EndgameCombat - Defend your base against lategame enemies with ease

Post by Gaist »

For some reason Acid Turrets are continually giving the buzzer alert for Turret Fluid Empty despite being completely full. I tried re-placing them and filling them with different acid types, but it made no difference. Weirdly, multiplayer friends connected get the warning when I first place the turrets, but it goes away once they fuel; for me, the warning goes away when they fuel--but as soon as they fire even a drop they'll sound the alarm forever, driving me crazy. :(

That red alert is for Turret Fluid Empty; I only have those three acid turrets.

I replaced them with flamethrower turrets and those did it too.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

Gaist wrote:For some reason Acid Turrets are continually giving the buzzer alert for Turret Fluid Empty despite being completely full. I tried re-placing them and filling them with different acid types, but it made no difference. Weirdly, multiplayer friends connected get the warning when I first place the turrets, but it goes away once they fuel; for me, the warning goes away when they fuel--but as soon as they fire even a drop they'll sound the alarm forever, driving me crazy. :(

That red alert is for Turret Fluid Empty; I only have those three acid turrets.

I replaced them with flamethrower turrets and those did it too.
This is not the place for bug reports, but try the new version I just released. Also, there is a command to silence the sounds temporarily if they grow irritating (/muteAlerts <time><s/m/h>).

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

Problem with your last update if the game doesn't have enemies, sometimes a warning comes out of enemies incoming, but given that there are no enemies, the game crashes

JooCons
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JooCons »

The /muteAlerts command doesn't work. I can't really enjoy your mod because of the EXTREMELY annoying alerts. Just disable them or offer an option to do so. Thank you!

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

JooCons wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:03 pm
The /muteAlerts command doesn't work. I can't really enjoy your mod because of the EXTREMELY annoying alerts. Just disable them or offer an option to do so. Thank you!
Yes, it does work. I use it frequently, including less than fifteen minutes ago.

KingRex52
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by KingRex52 »

this is a really cool mod. I have a server that i wanted to put it on but something went wrong so we ended up not using it. if someone could tell me if i did something wrong it would be grate.

JooCons
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JooCons »

Reika wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:32 am
JooCons wrote:
Yes, it does work. I use it frequently, including less than fifteen minutes ago.
Well, then I am too stupid to figure out how. Could you please write an example for me please? Thanks

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

JooCons wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:31 am
Reika wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:32 am
JooCons wrote:
Well, then I am too stupid to figure out how. Could you please write an example for me please? Thanks
It could not be simpler:

Code: Select all

/muteAlerts <time><unit>
For example:

Code: Select all

/muteAlerts 12m

Locane
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Can't create Piercing Ammo Crate?

Post by Locane »

I went to finally explore this Piercing Ammo Crate thing, and I see that I have it researched in Military 2, but I can't craft it either personally or in an assembler. It's missing completely.

Anyone else have this issue?

Locane
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Endgame Combat - Alert noises - HOLY SHIT HOW DO I TURN THEM OFF

Post by Locane »

How do I turn off the alert noises?? It's playing WAY too much and too many times - it will scare the shit out of my while just running around and I have to rush to mute my speakers so it just stops!

I want the alerts, but I don't want the thousands of shrieking / buzzing sounds every time my turrets get attacked.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Endgame Combat - Alert noises - HOLY SHIT HOW DO I TURN THEM OFF

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

turn the threshold up in the mod settings or delete the sound file/reference in to that in the mod.

Locane
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Locane »

I've been messing with the mod settings to try and get them to just shut up, but nothing fixed it. I'm talking like, just sitting in the living room, playing Factorio with my partner and everything is nice and chill and fine and then out of the bowels of hell SHRIEKING BUZZER NOISE REPEATEDLY PLAYING AND DOES NOT STOP.

I ended up using goldwave to edit the alerts to be WAY quieter, and shortened the horrible buzzing noise. They were way out of whack volume-wise for the rest of the sounds in the game.

Locane
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Locane »

In case anyone wants it, here's a gdrive link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16URCp ... uWXqsg9BEn

Locane
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Endgame Combat - Slows game to a crawl after encountering Green biters

Post by Locane »

I have a bunch of different saves with Endgame Combat enabled - right after I expanded to an offshoot iron mine waaaayyy down in to biter territory, the game starting running like molasses.

I've done the following testing:
- Disable the mod, load the save: Good
- Enable the mod, load a save previous to the base expansion: Good
- Used a vanilla (non sound-edited) version of the mod version 1.0.180, enable the mod, load the save: Slow

Reika - any insight?

Factorio is also not consuming very much CPU, and only about 6 gigs of RAM:

https://i.imgur.com/tcWRSrc.png

What gives?
Last edited by Locane on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Endgame Combat - Slows game to a crawl after encountering Green biters

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

30% isn't that much. 105% would be a lot and u regulary consume 5 to 8 GB. If this is a problem for you turn down the graphics settings.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Can't create Piercing Ammo Crate?

Post by Reika »

It, like engines, requires at least a T2 assembler.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

Locane wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:34 am
I have a bunch of different saves with Endgame Combat enabled - right after I expanded to an offshoot iron mine waaaayyy down in to biter territory, the game starting running like molasses.

I've done the following testing:
- Disable the mod, load the save: Good
- Enable the mod, load a save previous to the base expansion: Slow
- Used a vanilla (non sound-edited) version of the mod version 1.0.180, enable the mod, load the save: Slow

Reika - any insight?

Factorio is also not consuming very much CPU, and only about 6 gigs of RAM:

https://i.imgur.com/tcWRSrc.png

What gives?
Show me the ingame profiling data.

Locane
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Locane »

Reika wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:28 pm

Show me the ingame profiling data.
I'd love to, how do I do that?

SuperSandro2000: I did mess with graphics settings a little bit to see if it made any difference, but it didn't. I also have a GTX Titan X (Pascal), so running a sprite game should be no problem.

Locane
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Locane »

Also - correction to my original post, the game does NOT run slowly when I load a save with the mod enabled that does not have the base expansion.

Also also - I encountered my first green biter ever after I expanded down there, and then they started spawning in regular attacks on my base in case that gives you any help.

Return to “Reika's Mods”