Power-Measuring Combinators

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
CJ5Boss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Power-Measuring Combinators

Post by CJ5Boss »

Hello all,
I am looking for a nice setup or blueprint that allows me to measure the amount of power I have using combinators and lights, if this is possible, it would be much appreciated, thanks! I can't seem to figure out anything and I think it would be a nice addition to my factories.
Edit: I probably put this in the wrong section, just found the combinator one. Will copy it there, but answers are appreciated, thanks.
CJ

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Power-Measuring Combinators

Post by Serenity »

You can measure the level of an accumulator

Bargraphs are simple if that's what you mean. The combinator is only really needed to set the color. Just hook up all lights with a wire and set each light to go on at a certain threshold. For example 10, 20, 30, etc.

CJ5Boss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CJ5Boss »

Serenity wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:34 pm

Bargraphs are simple if that's what you mean. The combinator is only really needed to set the color. Just hook up all lights with a wire and set each light to go on at a certain threshold. For example 10, 20, 30, etc.
Right, but is there a way to measure the entire level of energy going through power poles, not just in an accumulator?

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

CJ5Boss wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:49 pm
Serenity wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:34 pm

Right, but is there a way to measure the entire level of energy going through power poles, not just in an accumulator?
No.

(I can theorize a few way, but they're not at all practical, wouldn't be especially accurate, and would have a few limitations - although if you want to know, more, let me know.)
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Gameplay Help”