[0.17.x] ShinyAngelGFX

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.16.x] ShinyAngelGFX

Post by Zombiee »

Django - that was enough info thanks.

Issue 1 - Refining 0.9.8 has a -1 where it needed a 1 to make that output pipe work on the leaching plant. So that's an Angel problem, but he already fixed it in refining 0.9.9, so update Angel's refining.

Issue 2 - My fix copied the fluidbox info from 0.9.8 and this ShinyAngel was ALSO wrong. Uploading a fix now. Since I overwrite the data, ShinyAngel 16.3 will also break it. Upgrading to 16.4 MIGHT fix the old refining version, but since it's fixed in the new version I'm not checking it.

TLDR - update both ShinyAngelGFX and Angels Refining and you'll be good. Thank you for the bug report, the info included was very helpful.

DjangoFett
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DjangoFett »

Thanks. I just updated and my chrome/manganese setup is working now. Took me some time to incorporate the changed way to get manganese and chrome into my existing factory.

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

With the recent update finally coloring Algae farms, I think I've got every Angel building where coloring is appropriate. So, I'm starting a new 'to-do' list of buildings that I should redo because they're sloppy. Anything jump out at anyone else?

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Zombiee wrote:With the recent update finally coloring Algae farms, I think I've got every Angel building where coloring is appropriate. So, I'm starting a new 'to-do' list of buildings that I should redo because they're sloppy. Anything jump out at anyone else?
I must say that all you graphics are awesome and none that I know currently needs work but as I wrote on the mod portal: Could you consider adding support for Extended Angel?

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Outright flattery is always a good start. I will point out that all the graphics are Angel's though, I simply scribble over them a little with crayons. That said, I'll take a look at what's involved with adding support for Extended Angels. No promised yet, but it shouldn't be too hard.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Zombiee wrote:Outright flattery is always a good start. I will point out that all the graphics are Angel's though, I simply scribble over them a little with crayons. That said, I'll take a look at what's involved with adding support for Extended Angels. No promised yet, but it shouldn't be too hard.
Learned that in school. Always start with the good. I know that but coloring inside the lines is hard, too. Looking forward to it.

KiwiHawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Yes please! Extended Angels support would be fantastic! :D
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

KiwiHawk wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:20 pm
Yes please! Extended Angels support would be fantastic! :D
This, pwetty pwease!

and... is it possible to edit one "little" thing? the U shaped pipes on top of Blast Furnaces and maybe Chem Furnaces are imho waaay to brightly colored for how the game overall looks, even compared to the other colored features on those buildings. They should be dirty af

Im realy loving this mod, got it on day 2 of my AB experience, but every time i go to my metallurgy area, which i love the most, it hurts my eyes :(

Mitolith
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mitolith »

When there is nothing to do at the break ...
What do you think about this retexturing?
1546814244577.png
1546814244577.png (203.05 KiB) Viewed 7722 times

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Mitolith wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:28 pm
1546814244577.png
I really really like it! Not so clean anymore but maybe 10% less dust and crust? Compared to each other the new one looks quite rusty.

Mitolith
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mitolith »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:57 am
Mitolith wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:28 pm
1546814244577.png
I really really like it! Not so clean anymore but maybe 10% less dust and crust? Compared to each other the new one looks quite rusty.
Thank you very much!
In fact, I do not know where and to whom to offer such an idea. Many mechanisms look too toy (no offense!) In the harsh alien world. And also 2D sprites are relatively easy to repaint in a simple graphic editor. Even animated.
And I'm just an amateur artist with zero knowledge of programming.

Dust, dirt and sand can be adjusted by the level of transparency. On this fast probe, all the joints, rust and sand deposits are stuck on one layer ... ahem. Yes.
And in any case, I will have to redraw and detail all over again.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Mitolith wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:31 am
Thank you very much!
In fact, I do not know where and to whom to offer such an idea. Many mechanisms look too toy (no offense!) In the harsh alien world. And also 2D sprites are relatively easy to repaint in a simple graphic editor. Even animated.
And I'm just an amateur artist with zero knowledge of programming.

Dust, dirt and sand can be adjusted by the level of transparency. On this fast probe, all the joints, rust and sand deposits are stuck on one layer ... ahem. Yes.
And in any case, I will have to redraw and detail all over again.
If you want to do some more graphics just ask on the discord and you get flooded by people that need graphics for Factorio.
If Zombiee does not want to add those dirty layers to the game I think I could do it. I would need to tinker a bit but it shouldn't be to hard. I would just need the dirt layer alone for a machine and your permission.

Mitolith
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mitolith »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:49 am
If you want to do some more graphics just ask on the discord and you get flooded by people that need graphics for Factorio.
If Zombiee does not want to add those dirty layers to the game I think I could do it. I would need to tinker a bit but it shouldn't be to hard. I would just need the dirt layer alone for a machine and your permission.
What kind of discussion in the discord? (I'm a newbie.)
Of course. If it is not hard for you.
I need to know where to upload files, in what form, and where better to correspond. (In the same Discord?)

Do you need an official permit? Or a formal fit? In general, you have it.
Thank you.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Mitolith wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:12 pm
What kind of discussion in the discord? (I'm a newbie.)
Of course. If it is not hard for you.
I need to know where to upload files, in what form, and where better to correspond. (In the same Discord?)

Do you need an official permit? Or a formal fit? In general, you have it.
Thank you.
Most people hang out on the offical reddit discord https://discord.gg/factorio .

I don't have actually tried it :lol: could be harder than I am imagining right now.

I always upload screenshots to imgur via sharex (snipping tool on drugs) and share the link to discord. Sure. Just ping me if you are there.

I wouldn't really want to share the base images of the machines cause then we would need angels permission but just the dust layer but lets continue that on discord to not spam this thread to much.

And if Zombiee wants those, too I am sure he is allowed to use them, too isn't he?

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

Back from the undead. Will work on updating this weekend.

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Zombiee wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:37 am
Back from the undead. Will work on updating this weekend.
The zombiee has risen. Hide yo' brains.

Cabble
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cabble »

Wouldn’t it be good if you change the colors of later buildings to match the corresponding color level? For example we have yellow and red (t1/2) for Ore refineries 1 and 2, but Refinery 2 matches ratios with leeching plant 3 (blue), floatation 3 (blue), sorter 4 (purple).
IMO it would be better to align colors from highest tier to lowest (highest is always purple, 2nd highest always blue and so on). It reflects the tiers much better, because some lategame buildings don’t have 4 tiers which makes the coloring inconsistent. An option for this would also be fine.

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

That's something I considered but isn't something I'm a fan of for various reasons. Mostly it's more work I don't want to do but matching ratios doesn't stay consistent when you start changing recipe settings, marathon mods, beacons/modules. It also could create issues if Angel (or some other mod I never got around to adding support for) adds Mk3 or Mk4 buildings in the future where I run out of colors.

Mostly my thought process is this. You design a new *thing*, it's the first of it's kind so it's Mk1. If it's Mk1, it's yellow.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Zombiee wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:28 pm
That's something I considered but isn't something I'm a fan of for various reasons. Mostly it's more work I don't want to do but matching ratios doesn't stay consistent when you start changing recipe settings, marathon mods, beacons/modules. It also could create issues if Angel (or some other mod I never got around to adding support for) adds Mk3 or Mk4 buildings in the future where I run out of colors.

Mostly my thought process is this. You design a new *thing*, it's the first of it's kind so it's Mk1. If it's Mk1, it's yellow.
It would totally mess up Extended Angels you wanted to support.

Zombiee
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zombiee »

I was very very carefully not mentioning that as a brilliant strategy to avoid something.

Return to “Angels Mods”