Moderator: pyanodon

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by kingarthur »

mikes61293 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:34 pm

Is there an easy way to edit all of the added resources so that they only stack to the vanilla stack sizes?
Depends on what u consider hard. It really comes down to somehow eventually that line of code has to be written. Where its repeated a bunch for each item or a for loop to run thru a list or a for loop to change every item that stacks above say 200 to be lowered.

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

When we can wait recipe fix and and the feature with new stack sizes? I hope PYRO will be as close to a stable state at last

Therenas
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Therenas »

Not sure if this matters all that much, or if it is a lot of work to fix, but the Crystal Mine graphic still says Borax on it on a sign, even though it is now used to mine more than that.

liwers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by liwers »

Therenas wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:29 am
Not sure if this matters all that much, or if it is a lot of work to fix, but the Crystal Mine graphic still says Borax on it on a sign, even though it is now used to mine more than that.
There is a hilarious thing: the Chinese locale of pyCP, which uploaded by some players as amateur translator, simply translate the "Crystal Mine" into "Borax Miner" in Chinese..

So you can imagine when we are playing with pyRO, you can hear a lot of doubts about "What..? Use 'Borax Miner' to gather quartz..!? WTF is that..?!"

Meow..!
This is Liwers 'Kitty' Loor, a extremly very cute kitty.. Meow..! :P

Schattenlord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Schattenlord »

Hello Pyanodon, at the moment I am working on the Production Science Pack and found another loop. It is in relation to the Centrifugal Pan which is unlocked by Mining Maschines 03 which requires Production Science Pack which require diamands. These require a Centrifugal Pan for the diamand Tailing and diamand concentrate step. Materials for the building are fine it is just the problem that it isn't unlocked by diamand mining as it used to be.

your mod pack's are great keep going :D

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Schattenlord wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:20 pm
Hello Pyanodon, at the moment I am working on the Production Science Pack and found another loop. It is in relation to the Centrifugal Pan which is unlocked by Mining Maschines 03 which requires Production Science Pack which require diamands. These require a Centrifugal Pan for the diamand Tailing and diamand concentrate step. Materials for the building are fine it is just the problem that it isn't unlocked by diamand mining as it used to be.

your mod pack's are great keep going :D
Confirmed and fixed. Thanks!
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Version 1.0.6 released...info on the changelog.
pY Coal processing mod

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

pyanodon wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:12 am
ok also how can i rearch git hub so see that changed in a period of time lets say 20.12-28.12?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:41 am
pyanodon wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:12 am
ok also how can i rearch git hub so see that changed in a period of time lets say 20.12-28.12?
https://github.com/pyanodon

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

i know the github im just bad in navigateing the edits

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

hey everyone,
just to let you know i am working currently to have stacking working again for the py raw ores
this is a fix version from the original mod owner The_Ghost

subie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by subie »

Zinc production is fuckin wack.

Using the liquid zinc to plates recipe, to make just 20 zinc plates you need:

250x zinc ore
250x iron plates
1000x heavy oil
30x sand castings
30x limestone

and you have some trace amounts of soil, stone, sand and tailings to deal with.
Orrrr i could just smelt 120x zinc ore by it self.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

subie wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:28 am

250x zinc ore
250x iron plates
1000x heavy oil
30x sand castings
30x limestone

yes not all chains are worth going up but sometimes the metal itself is not the main frive
for lead id silver
for chrome is gold

subie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by subie »

That's not really the problem tho, the problem is having recipes that are unlocked with green/red science being absolutely useless. There is no reason to ever, ever use that intermediate molten zinc recipe, because its exponentially worse than basic smelting. Blue science however opens up a much better recipe for smelting plates, but does not need liquid zinc. Then high-tech science opens up a semi-useful liquid zinc recipe but requires massive amounts of other inputs and buildings. All of this, in Zinc at least, produces no useful side products either. So really the zinc line is mostly just bad as there are no benefits from any of it until blue science, and then really nothing after that.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

subie wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:28 am

250x zinc ore
250x iron plates
1000x heavy oil
30x sand castings
30x limestone

Where did you get that numbers? Here we need only ONE sandcasting to have 20 zinc plates in his final chain. Of course if you´re using a low tier molten zinc recipe you will use more, might be your case.

Id love to hear solutions.
pY Coal processing mod

gosensgo86
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gosensgo86 »

As far as I'm concerned, the solution would be to ensure that each tier consumes less raw ore than the previous one. The way I look at the higher tiers is that you're exchanging part of the ore cost from the actual ore to other resources, so the high tier recipes shouldn't be some fancy productivity module that creates plates out of thin air.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

gosensgo86 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:25 pm
As far as I'm concerned, the solution would be to ensure that each tier consumes less raw ore than the previous one. The way I look at the higher tiers is that you're exchanging part of the ore cost from the actual ore to other resources, so the high tier recipes shouldn't be some fancy productivity module that creates plates out of thin air.
It´s a good concept, but cant change that way because each step needs the previous one.
pY Coal processing mod

gosensgo86
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gosensgo86 »

pyanodon wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:27 pm
gosensgo86 wrote:
It´s a good concept, but cant change that way because each step needs the previous one.
What I meant was that each step should yield more plates than the previous one for the same amount of ore input for that specific ore, but you're getting that extra yield by spending other resources. There shouldn't be a tier that gives less output than the previous one because then there's no reason to build that tier on it's own. Ideally you would want to build each tier as you unlock them because they're more efficient, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

gosensgo86 wrote:
like py said its a chain and some steps are bad for the ore/plate ratio
i think that the ratio should get better as you progress but sole low points may acure
i didnt do that metal on a dedicated build yet but i will in the future
AND YOU ARE THE ONE THAT DECIDES HOW DEEP YOU GO IN THE PROCESS SINCE YOU TRADE OFF THE SECONDARY INCREDIENTS IN ORDER TO GET MORE PLATES
IF ITS WORTH OR NOT YOU DECIDE
for lead and chrome its not a choice because of gold and sinver

Return to “PyMods”