Replace all of one entity/building/etc with another

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Zappron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Replace all of one entity/building/etc with another

Post by Zappron »

short version: i basically need to replace 4k+ instances of one object within my factorio with another (yes it's a mod compatibility thing). I don't care if it's robots replacing them or some kind of savegame-editor, as long as it gets the job done. i'm deeply grateful for any help in advance.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Replace all of one entity/building/etc with another

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Did you take a look on how migration .json files work? They would be perfect for this.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

Upgrade planner can also help you do this. https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Klonan/upgrade-planner

Zappron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Zappron »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:13 am
Did you take a look on how migration .json files work? They would be perfect for this.
i haven't taken a look at that, where can i learn about it?
Zavian wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:03 am
Upgrade planner can also help you do this. https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Klonan/upgrade-planner
i looked at that, but it won't let me assign upgrades unless the items are "of the same type". and even though my items in question are two electric poles, it doesn't seem to recognize them as same type since they're from two different mods.

Zappron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Zappron »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Okay i just went and searched myself, and it seems to have worked! thank you man, you really helped me revive my game! :D

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Zappron wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:42 am
SuperSandro2000 wrote:
Okay i just went and searched myself, and it seems to have worked! thank you man, you really helped me revive my game! :D
glad I could help you. If you have troubles getting it to work in the future feel free to dm me.

Return to “Gameplay Help”