[0.16.37] Starfall: Amator Phasma's Modpack (BETA)

Doesn't fit in the other categories, like libraries, small fixes or modpacks.

pottie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16.37] Starfall: Amator Phasma's Modpack (BETA)

Post by pottie »

Yarvino wrote:so i have been playing this mod pack but i seem to have run into a rather bad spot .... i am trying to make purple science pack 4 but in order to do that i need M-A2(unicomp) to create the Quantrinum and i need purple science pack 4 research to be able to make the M-A2(unicomp) so basically i am stuck and can't get past this .... is there something i am missing? or is the only way to get past this is kinda cheat and do the
/c game.player.force.technologies['ap_yuoki_05'].researched=true thing to get the research to be able to make those packs also to add to the fun it seems the path to getting the lithium batteries required for science pack for also needs science pack 4 to be able to built. so another loop that can't be done as far as i can tell to describe it better. you need cobalt oxide which requires advanced Cobalt Smelting 2.
I've reached this point too, and now I'm stuck. I'm not sure if I'm missing some research needed to make M-A2. Searching the tech tree for M-A2 brings up research that can only be unlocked with Science Pack 4. I require M-A2 to make Science Pack 4 though...

diamondq
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by diamondq »

I also ran into this problem for Purple Science Packs, and rather than cheat, I've created a tiny mod that fixes the issues:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2w6utamgh1pfn ... 0.zip?dl=1

Simply put the ZIP file in your mods folder.

This reactivates a recipe for Cobalt Oxide that requires Stone and Cobalt.
This moves a recipe for M-A2 Unicomp into the Yuoki Industries Walls technology.
NOTE: I purposefully picked a recipe that was 'expensive', so that once you actually get Purple Potions, there's an incentive to research the much cheaper solution.

This should make the Purple Science Packs achievable.

NOTE: As of this posting, I haven't actually finished my Purple Science Pack factory, but I believe that this is all that was missing to make it possible.

Feel free to let me know if there are any issues; although it's so trivial, I'd be surprised if there was.

pottie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pottie »

Thanks so much diamondq! Pity I already cheated and unlock the technologies to get past that spot. Hope your workaround will help others that get stuck at this point.

iLL-DiSS
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by iLL-DiSS »

hey everyone,
hi AmathorPhasma,

i really would like to play this mod, but there is one big problem to the download section to some parts of the downloadlist. they don't offer the needed versions anymore and i can't download them with the right version. Downloading a version lower or higher is not working too.
how to work around this problem?

Edit: i just noticed 10 seconds after posting that Toastees upload is the full modpack. dude you are my personal hero for this channel, saving me from drowning in the endless mess of downloading tabs :D!

wormzjl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wormzjl »

Did anyone ever finished this pack -.-?
I'm a few hundred hours in but still struggling to make purple science.

jmck82
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jmck82 »

https://ufile.io/h1vq5

Modified to fix science problem. Let me know if I missed anything we have 300ish hours in so far.

jmaster9999
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jmaster9999 »

Any chance you could add Yuoki Railways to the pack?
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/YuokiTani/yi_railway
It's a mod focused on trains and rail.

Crazierinzane
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Crazierinzane »

jmck82 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:53 am
https://ufile.io/h1vq5

Modified to fix science problem. Let me know if I missed anything we have 300ish hours in so far.
This download link is useless. Please use a better website like MEGA.

brunokc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by brunokc »

Is this pack still working, the modpack is showing up as red in Factorio (0.16.51)

Crazierinzane
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Crazierinzane »

brunokc wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:27 pm
Is this pack still working, the modpack is showing up as red in Factorio (0.16.51)
Working for me so far. However, I haven't made it very far.

Crazierinzane
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Crazierinzane »

One request I would like, if possible, would be for the various Yuoki things to be placed in the research tree and progressively unlocked. As it is, my crafting menu is a mess of tech that I can't make and half understand.

Crazierinzane
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Crazierinzane »

Nevermind Factoryissimo or whatever crashes the game.

Agocelt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Agocelt »

Hello and thank you for the amazing pack.
I'm new to Bobs/Angels (or any big mods), so it has been quite the challenge, but it is fun. Might not have been straight-forward installation, but definitely worth the trouble.
However main reason I'm writing this is because I found something, that makes the game either impossible to play or I'm not approaching it correctly. :? It's an enemy in the new version called suicide biter, who's speed is like 5 times higher than any other biter, so you cannot even outdrive it with vehicle. On top of that killing it causes explosion, dealing high damage to the player or any buildings within radius. If you get 3 chasing you, you're dead - no options. Anyways I think you get the point. I love the idea, but this wasn't possible to deal with. :D

Solution is either remove them completely, or edit their speed - I went for the latter. You can find it under ...\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\mods\ap_modpack_0.16.65.zip\ap_modpack_0.16.65\prototypes\enemies\units.lua
in lines "movement_speed = 0.5, distance_per_frame = 0.3,"
I've edited it to "movement_speed = 0.2, distance_per_frame = 0.15," and the speed seems similar to other biters, much better.

I'm just try to help anyone who might face similar issue, I appreaciate any work that has been put into this and it's been great fun to play, even considering 0.17 just came out and I'm sticking with this. :D Thank you once again

Return to “Mod Packs / Libs / Special Interest”