PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Topics and discussion about specific mods
viperfan7
Inserter
Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Post by viperfan7 »

Sweet, awesome.

What kind of changes need to be made anyways to get it unbroken? Anything that someone could do here without much knowledge of the code itself?

Xenothar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xenothar »

Hey kingarthur,

awesome work with this mod.

I had the same issue with the line 61 of the hightech-overrides. After commenting that out, since it only changes ingredient-count anyways, a new error occured in your recipe.lua with assigning the ID to crushed-bauxite, which it cannot find.

The reason seems to be, that you create crushed-bauxite only if bobsore is present but pyrawores absent. Later on in the angels section you then used crushed-bauxite which (i my case with full bobs and full pys) was never created.

Hope my assessment is not too far off, I am only half familiar with programming/LUA, but I always try to narrow it down before posting =P

Thanks!

Best regards,
Xeno
Attachments
pctbbaerror.PNG
pctbbaerror.PNG (22.81 KiB) Viewed 4438 times

salttotart
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by salttotart »

Thanks for the mod, kingarthur. I have been putting together as masochistic pack and this makes working between everything much more seemless.

I ran into this error when starting it up to test with the most recent Angels updates. I read earlier that you are working on an update in soon and wanted to report this.

viperfan7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by viperfan7 »

Does anyone have the zips for the mods pre-update?

salttotart
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by salttotart »

viperfan7 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:58 pm
If you go to the mods page, in the Downloads tab, are all the versions.

viperfan7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by viperfan7 »

salttotart wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:03 pm
viperfan7 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:58 pm
If you go to the mods page, in the Downloads tab, are all the versions.
I feel like I should go stand in a corner now.......

Thanks

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

that download was to solve the error loading the game in this mod
or to know where to download the previous version of the PyAddons that was released just after the update?

viperfan7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by viperfan7 »

FOund another bug while working on things, it looks like

Code: Select all

data.raw.recipe["sct-htech-thermalstore"].ingredients[1] = {"gold-plate", 20}
In overrides-pyscience.lua is causing issues, I don't think that gold-plate exists for some reason, I've tested with pyrawores both enabled and disabled, the bauxite bug pops up before the gold plate one does though in the case of pyrawores being enabled.

I suspect gold-plate isn't being created fort some reason

Error message:

Failed to load mods __PyCoalTBaA__/data-final-fixes.lua:17:__PyCoalTBaA__/prototypes/overrides-pyscience.lua:4:attempt to index field 'ingredients' (a nil value)

viperfan7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by viperfan7 »

Sworn wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:59 pm
that download was to solve the error loading the game in this mod
or to know where to download the previous version of the PyAddons that was released just after the update?
pyaddons, but you answered that question too, been working on figuring out what the hell is breaking in this mod, no the bauxite thing is due to it not creating bauxite if py raw ores is installed, the gold plate thing though, I have no idea

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Gonna wait for Kingarthur to fix that, tons of changes, and PyAddon still changing so I guess I'll try to survive 1 or 2 more weeks without factorio :cry:

viperfan7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by viperfan7 »

Yeah I've been digging around, and there's just some weirdness here I can't figure out without knowing the actual intention of the changes

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

the angels parts of pycoal haven't been updated yet so its likely to cause errors with pyro actived. i have no idea whats up with the pyscience unless you are using pyro and the gold plate isnt the same.

right now im working on sorting out a few major issues like bob electronics and pyht are deleting each others circuits

viperfan7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by viperfan7 »

One of the more weird issues is with kao extended thinking that a table field isn't a table at all. Its 100% a table too

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

One note for adding nitrogen dioxide again from bob's - its must be added to PYHT recipe in sub-denier fiber - wthout bob's pyanodon using ammonia

And again big thanks to u kingarthur from me and from 3 my friends which are going to buid some modpacks with bob's+py mods
Sworn wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:58 pm
Gonna wait for Kingarthur to fix that, tons of changes, and PyAddon still changing so I guess I'll try to survive 1 or 2 more weeks without factorio :cry:
We need to wait for last update for py mods which'll solve last bugs and deadlocks and our mod packs will be brilliant ;)

As for me i can't wait for SatisFactory - promising follower of Factorio - looks like Factorio in 3D - trains and belts are included :mrgreen:
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

viperfan7
Inserter
Inserter

Post by viperfan7 »

aklesey1 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:32 am
As for me i can't wait for SatisFactory - promising follower of Factorio - looks like Factorio in 3D - trains and belts are included :mrgreen:
Sadly, they decided to be exclusive to the epic store (which my guess will crash and burn, the GDPR issues, AUS consumer protection law issues, and security issues), and they likely were planning on doing that from the beginning and were just using steam as an advertisement platform.

I was really looking forward to it until they pulled that shit.

Lgk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Error after recent updates

Post by Lgk »

Hey i suddenly got this error after the recent updates.
Attachments
Factorio error.png
Factorio error.png (14.09 KiB) Viewed 4245 times

viperfan7
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Error after recent updates

Post by viperfan7 »

Lgk wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:55 am
Hey i suddenly got this error after the recent updates.
We were talking about that bug a page or 2 back, IIRC the line of code is no longer needed, mind you, if you want to continue your games, I would suggest reverting to the previous versions of the updated mods, as curently, it is broken due to some updates to pycoal and such

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Just wanted to let everyone know I'll be posting a new update later today after work. It will fix the error related to the ingredient count for the one machine. The one related to space.lua (which has been renamed to better state what it is and has been changed to an optional file, off by default). Also corrected a deadlock caused by conflicts between Bob electronic and pyht. Fixed a duplicated item in filter recipe. Also fixed the error in Angel's mods cussed by the missing crushed bauxite.

So and most importantly I've made so scripts and tweaks to make quickly replacing items in recipes easy. So updating and fixes should starting coming a lot quicker.

Xenothar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xenothar »

Very very nice one Kingarthur!

I do have a sort of related question:

What is the overall aim for your mod for the future? With PYRO now being/becoming a thing, there is quite some redundancy in bobs/angels vs py-suite around ore refining up to plates.

I think, there are two possible ways this mod might shape up:

1. (aka Compatibility path) Sorting out compatibility (remove errors/progression deadlocks and duplicates of the same stuff) --> Parallel paths with vastly different difficulty, such as PYRO vs. angels will still exist and depend on the player to force him/herself to stick to more difficult progression/recipes
2. (aka modpack path) Compatibility, plus: Building a progression path out of the mods by altering results, ingredients and changing/deleting/adding recipes to provide a (balanced) progression. Example: no PYRO standard ressource generation, only the big rocks. PYRO ores are locked behind angels ores. Building up a progression, e.g. like this: Angels mining, (refining optional) and sorting --> (PYRO refining optional/for more yield) --> Angel smelting

Problem of path 2 is obviously workload, because balancing all this progression reasonably will be a nightmare at first. But given you started Pyblock, you might be interested in a more concise experience with path 2. Maybe I am also missing a path?

The reason I am asking is because I am very interested in the second path and I am thinking of starting this project myself, in case you want to stay with the first path only. On the other hand, if you are interested in path 2, I am gladly offering help in the whole process, if you could need a hand. I just want to avoid doing work twice for no reason, when you are already planning/working on it.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Xenothar wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:56 pm
Very very nice one Kingarthur!

I do have a sort of related question:

What is the overall aim for your mod for the future? With PYRO now being/becoming a thing, there is quite some redundancy in bobs/angels vs py-suite around ore refining up to plates.

I think, there are two possible ways this mod might shape up:

1. (aka Compatibility path) Sorting out compatibility (remove errors/progression deadlocks and duplicates of the same stuff) --> Parallel paths with vastly different difficulty, such as PYRO vs. angels will still exist and depend on the player to force him/herself to stick to more difficult progression/recipes
2. (aka modpack path) Compatibility, plus: Building a progression path out of the mods by altering results, ingredients and changing/deleting/adding recipes to provide a (balanced) progression. Example: no PYRO standard ressource generation, only the big rocks. PYRO ores are locked behind angels ores. Building up a progression, e.g. like this: Angels mining, (refining optional) and sorting --> (PYRO refining optional/for more yield) --> Angel smelting

Problem of path 2 is obviously workload, because balancing all this progression reasonably will be a nightmare at first. But given you started Pyblock, you might be interested in a more concise experience with path 2. Maybe I am also missing a path?

The reason I am asking is because I am very interested in the second path and I am thinking of starting this project myself, in case you want to stay with the first path only. On the other hand, if you are interested in path 2, I am gladly offering help in the whole process, if you could need a hand. I just want to avoid doing work twice for no reason, when you are already planning/working on it.
My game plan is to get the compatibility done first so that you can play with what mods you want. when that reasonably done and the bugs, deadlocks and other assorted issue delt with to move on and use the mods as more of a tool box it to build up an and organized, balanced and planned progression.

Or basicly plan 1 and when that's mostly done move onto plan 2

Return to “Mods”