pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Protheus7
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: pY Coal Processing - Discussion

Post by Protheus7 »

The new version pycoalprocessing_1.0.12 - gives me the below error when loading.

The mods list contains Bobs and Angels, Yuoki and AAI mods

Any suggestion on solving this issue.

- Going back to 1.0.11 gives me the foundry error in screenshot couple of post before mine
Attachments
Capture5.JPG
Capture5.JPG (28.34 KiB) Viewed 6269 times

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Protheus7 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:37 pm
The new version pycoalprocessing_1.0.12 - gives me the below error when loading.

- Going back to 1.0.11 gives me the foundry error in screenshot couple of post before mine
1.0.10 is the last compatible version with Bobs

Protheus7
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Protheus7 »

nagapito wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:25 pm
Protheus7 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:37 pm

1.0.10 is the last compatible version with Bobs
Not working, willjst wait till a compatible mod is provided.. not in a rush. thnx

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Protheus7 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:58 pm
Not working, willjst wait till a compatible mod is provided.. not in a rush. thnx
As far as I can gather from what I've seen on these forums lately, compatibility with Bob's mods was removed deliberately to make the Pyanodon suite fully independent, meaning you're not going to get compatibility re-added by Pyanodon. I think there's a mod which re-adds compatibility with Bob's mods (as well as with Angel's mods) but it's not made or maintained by Pyanodon.

Quite honestly though, with the new changes you don't need Bob's mods. All the raw materials are added by PyRO.

Protheus7
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Protheus7 »

septemberWaves wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:26 pm
Protheus7 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:58 pm
As far as I can gather from what I've seen on these forums lately, compatibility with Bob's mods was removed deliberately to make the Pyanodon suite fully independent, meaning you're not going to get compatibility re-added by Pyanodon. I think there's a mod which re-adds compatibility with Bob's mods (as well as with Angel's mods) but it's not made or maintained by Pyanodon.

Quite honestly though, with the new changes you don't need Bob's mods. All the raw materials are added by PyRO.
SO I can remove all bobs mod and have Angel and Py and that will have the same experience ?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

New version added, several compatibilities reworked.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Protheus7
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Protheus7 »

pyanodon wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:36 pm
New version added, several compatibilities reworked.
Gonna try it out, tnx

Vetrosian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vetrosian »

Noticed a minor conflict with picker extended.

A while back you fixed a bug that caused a leftover sprite from tailings ponds to remain even after the pond was removed, however it seems that bug is back if picker extended is active.

When I removed picker extended, I get the message:
Migrated Content:
Removed Recipes:
invis-note-pyvoid 1

Don't know if that's something you're able to fix, if not, I can skip using picker extended with your mods.

Elrohir
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Elrohir »

Good morning, I am a bit puzzled, I am playing with all your mods on (which are great btw).

I think there's something not coherent with a recipe in regards to Technology gating.

With the Gazifier, to process Tar to Coal Gaz, you need Coal Processing 1 Technology (red science).
The receipe is 250 tar + 50 pressured air = 3 ash + 200 coal gas + 400 flue gas

Pressured air however is gated behind Filtration and Semiconductor Doping Tech which requires Green science.

Is this made on purpose? I recall in the past, that processing step was available upon researching Coal Processing 1.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Elrohir wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:29 pm
Good morning, I am a bit puzzled, I am playing with all your mods on (which are great btw).

I think there's something not coherent with a recipe in regards to Technology gating.

With the Gazifier, to process Tar to Coal Gaz, you need Coal Processing 1 Technology (red science).

Pressured air however is gated behind Filtration and Semiconductor Doping Tech which requires Green science.

Is this made on purpose? I recall in the past, that processing step was available upon researching Coal Processing 1.
sorta you get coalgas out of the coal distilation process

Elrohir
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Elrohir »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:39 pm
Elrohir wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:29 pm

sorta you get coalgas out of the coal distilation process
I am well aware, I just hate voiding stuff lol
My point was that it was possible to use it early before.
With pY Raw Ore, coal gas has an increased usage for mining. If you wanna run power (coal gas to syn gas for powerhouses) and mining, there's a lot of tar byproduct. And the process to convert tar in coal gas with pressured gas generates ash which is usedful for green science ( ash to rich clay).

I am not complaining, all I wanted to know is if it was intended to gate pressured gas so far down the tech tree while you unlock a tech to use it early. Cheers

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

you should update your mods. Pressured air is on filtration.
pY Coal processing mod

ulmennaleith
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ulmennaleith »

With FNEI, at first, I also thought pressured air was unlocked by Filtration AND Semiconductor Doping, but it seems to be unlocked by one or the other (filtration being the easiest one to get).

swift15431
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by swift15431 »

just updated and coal processing 1 has disappeared. not in research list

Slasherbane
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Slasherbane »

Pyanodon , i ve got a problem.....energy production 2 and 3 are unavailable now .....and turbine 3 for fusion extension is not craftable ....something went wrong no ?
Attachments
wrong.PNG
wrong.PNG (2.13 MiB) Viewed 5479 times

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Slasherbane wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:01 pm
Pyanodon , i ve got a problem.....energy production 2 and 3 are unavailable now .....and turbine 3 for fusion extension is not craftable ....something went wrong no ?
One under methanol-2 and the other under fuel processing. I dont know what turbine 3 for fusion means. The fusion technology have their own turbine and it isnt level 3.
pY Coal processing mod

Pygman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pygman »

Hey there, quick question: the oleochemichals to methanol process uses 100 units of oleo (and chrome) to craft 250 units of methanol and 150 units of water. Should the water be on the input side as most recipes conserve fluid units mostly?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Pygman wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:01 pm
Hey there, quick question: the oleochemichals to methanol process uses 100 units of oleo (and chrome) to craft 250 units of methanol and 150 units of water. Should the water be on the input side as most recipes conserve fluid units mostly?
no
many recipes have non conservtive amounts like oil cracking
H2O > 2H+1/2O 2 in 3 out

Pygman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pygman »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:35 pm
Pygman wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:01 pm
no
many recipes have non conservtive amounts like oil cracking
H2O > 2H+1/2O 2 in 3 out
Hmm, yeah but your example makes sense from a physics point of view, the number of atoms is conserved. In the oleo process it just doesnt make much sense from my point to view to have 150 water output so I thought maybe it's just a programming mistake. Having the water as input (as it is in most recipes) would perfectly balance it.

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

minor bug: the code block that modifies tailings-borax-niobium after the deep copy from copper_iron doesn't change the localized_name to match. I think it's just a matter of adding
tailings_borax_niobium.localised_name[2] = {"item-name.raw-borax"}
tailings_borax_niobium.localised_name[3] = {"item-name.niobium-ore"}

but I have not tested that

Return to “PyMods”