[0.16.51] Sprite shifting itself after second boot without shift present in proto

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Staplergun
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.16.51] Sprite shifting itself after second boot without shift present in proto

Post by Staplergun »

No shift defined in prototype. As expected, game launches without the shift.
-Install mod
-Open any map world
-Place down some pipes
-"Select" the pipes.

Reboot once...once...and it suddenly shifts itself to the center of the grid space. Permanently. (Until updating the mod, where it does it again...until reboot.)

I use a corpse type entity and util.table.deepcopy.

Bilka has taken a look at this and wanted me to put up a bug report. Stated he cannot repro in 0.17, but can repro in 0.16.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Sprite shifting itself after second boot without shift present in proto

Post by TruePikachu »

This wouldn't be related to cached atlases, right?

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.51] Sprite shifting itself after second boot without shift present in proto

Post by Bilka »

TruePikachu wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:20 am
This wouldn't be related to cached atlases, right?
I'd assume no, since even loading map, closing map, loading map fixes it, which doesn't touch the atlas since you don't close/reopen the game.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Staplergun
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Staplergun »

Mine didn't actually correct itself until I restarted the game.
Then again....I didn't actually close the game back to menu, I just hit load.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

Well, aside from the atlases, there shouldn't be any sort of mod-based data related to this that could persist under the circumstances stated by OP, aside from saved data (which only becomes relevant once the map is loaded) and stuff that was in memory from a previously-loaded game (which is cleared when the application proper is restarted).

If the issue comes up the first time a map is loaded with the mod, and if the map is saved+reloaded the issue doesn't come up again until the mod gets updated, and it doesn't come up with fresh maps, I'd wager it's something related to migrations.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

You are misreading our posts. There is no saving involved. The issue is seriously as "magical" as we are describing it. That is why I had him report something that I can't reproduce in the newest version.

Edit: Well, I wanted to make a video and now I cant reproduce the issue even in 0.16...
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

I'm interested enough now to examine what's going on behind the scenes. Have a copy of the mod in question handy to attach to the thread as well?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

0.17 delayed again.

I can imagine how the full staff gather around one PC in the office and try to investigate this one Bug.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Staplergun
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Staplergun »

TruePikachu wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:34 am
I'm interested enough now to examine what's going on behind the scenes. Have a copy of the mod in question handy to attach to the thread as well?
Picker pipe tools

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Hello, is this reproducible in 0.17?
While it is intriguing mystery, we won't try to investigate it in 0.16 anymore.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

As stated in my old posts where I could reproduce it in 0.16 (no longer possible for me), I could never reproduce this in 0.17.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”