Blueprint with more modules than actually possible

Things that has been reported already before.
uber5001
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Blueprint with more modules than actually possible

Post by uber5001 »

Creating a blueprint of one of these bugged furnaces from this not-a-bug combines the real and requested item slots, resulting in a blueprint with 4 modules instead of 2. Place that 4-item-request-blueprint, build it manually, blueprint it again, and now you have a blueprint with 6 modules, etc.:
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (468.71 KiB) Viewed 2087 times
...I wonder how bots would fill a furnace requiring 10 prod modules, 10 eff modules, and 10 speed modules? a "race condition"? :)

Maybe this is one of those "just don't do this" bugs. But the not-a-bug I linked is getting really annoying right now for me, since I don't have bots, but I do use blueprints.

I assume a fix for this would require fixing the not-a-bug I linked above (which sure seems like a bug).

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Blueprint with more modules than actually possible

Post by DaveMcW »

You can also hack the blueprint string to accomplish the same thing.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however "fixing" this isn't likely to happen any time soon with 0.16 being this close to stable and this not causing any serious problems with the game.

The robots will attempt to deliver the modules and when they don't fit they'll stop bringing them.

For now I'm going to move this to minor issues.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Mike Pote
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mike Pote »

I ran into this bug by myself too.

It started when I used this blueprint found online: https://pastebin.com/tkdGBYQF

When imported into my blueprint library, it shows only 2 modules per beacon as usual.
When it was built I found that the beacons were set to have 4 module slots instead of 2. It was quite confusing.

I then manually added and reshuffled some of the modules, then re-blueprinted the built system and got this blueprint you can see in the screenshot below: https://pastebin.com/FDcJTnuS

The one annoying thing about this is that the beacons still show the blue "Request for bot to drop off a module" icon, even though they already have 2 modules and are full up. (later I found out this is the item-proxy-request bug)

(Factorio 0.16.51, Running the Deathworld scenario with expensive recipes)

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Please see 61866
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Duplicates”