Use combinator timer to request item for sushi belt

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
koolaidperson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Use combinator timer to request item for sushi belt

Post by koolaidperson »

Hey guys, I'm looking to make a small sushi belt factory with a detector for items. The idea is to have a "detector belt" that all of the items pass over. If this belt doesn't see an item for 30 seconds it puts a signal out for that item. For example, if an iron plate doesn't come by for 30 seconds the detector set up would then put a signal of 1 iron plate on the network. Then I can use this signal to dump iron plates on the sushi belt, when the detector belt sees them the signal is turned off and iron plates stop being added.

I hope I explained that well, I'm very bad with combinators. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Use combinator timer to request item for sushi belt

Post by DaveMcW »

You want a combinator clock with the condition iron plate > 0. Set the inserter to work when the clock signal is greater than 1800 ticks (30 seconds).

koolaidperson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by koolaidperson »

DaveMcW wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:53 am
You want a combinator clock with the condition iron plate > 0. Set the inserter to work when the clock signal is greater than 1800 ticks (30 seconds).
I can get the timer to start adding plates, however it does not reset after the plates reach the detector. The timer keeps increasing and the plates add until the belt is saturated.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Oops, sorry. It should be iron plate = 0. Adding iron plates will reset the timer.

koolaidperson
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by koolaidperson »

DaveMcW wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:38 am
Oops, sorry. It should be iron plate = 0. Adding iron plates will reset the timer.
That works beautifully, thank you!

Return to “Gameplay Help”