[MOD 0.16] MadClown01's Processing

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] MadClown01's Processing

Post by MadClown01 »

npuldon wrote:Your mod settings toggle for fortification and equipment groups don't see to work in the off position. FYI
Oops - changed for next version

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

MadClown01 wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Found unused boric acid in MadClown's Processing - borax boron have many many applications in py mods ;)
Where do u planing to use boric acid? :?:
Shhhhh don't spoil the surprise ;)
Where we''ll be able to use boric acid? pls tell ;)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hi,

made a german (locale\de) locale for this mod:
Clowns-Processing.cfg
(4.65 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Seems the item group changing doesn't work.
Equipment is enabled but gems still has it's own group.
Fortifications was never seen.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

IanRaven
Inserter
Inserter

Post by IanRaven »

Turning off the gem clean up and equipment group still don't work.

Great work by the way.

OmegaZone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by OmegaZone »

I love this mod but it has a minor incompatibility with Seablock, there crystalyzation recipes for the base ores are missing, so while all the advanced tech and processing is there, you cannot obtain the base ores.
Any chance of a fix being implemented.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

IanRaven wrote:Turning off the gem clean up and equipment group still don't work.

Great work by the way.
Thanks man :)

Should be fixed now!

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

OmegaZone wrote:I love this mod but it has a minor incompatibility with Seablock, there crystalyzation recipes for the base ores are missing, so while all the advanced tech and processing is there, you cannot obtain the base ores.
Any chance of a fix being implemented.
I think that'd be on the Seablock author :(

Not sure what I can do

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

MadClown01 wrote:
IanRaven wrote:Turning off the gem clean up and equipment group still don't work.

Great work by the way.

Should be fixed now!
Gem cleanup enabled doesn't do anything. Equipment disabled still shows equipment category.

Sorry to say it didn't work out. I would certainly love to eliminate these categories given there's too many.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Light wrote:
MadClown01 wrote:

Great work by the way.

Should be fixed now!
Gem cleanup enabled doesn't do anything. Equipment disabled still shows equipment category.

Sorry to say it didn't work out. I would certainly love to eliminate these categories given there's too many.
I'm unable to replicate the bug :(
Seems to work for me - are you sure you've downloaded the latest version?

nets
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nets »

In my modded game i have magnesium, which i believe to come from Processing mod, which is made by something. However i have no ways to sort anything yielding magnesium ore. Perhaps i'm missing something. This makes using the recipe for Iron+Manganese+Magnesium difficult (impossible?). What could i possibly be missing?

I have included factorio-current.log in pastebin ( https://pastebin.com/DUcYnVJB ).

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

nets wrote:In my modded game i have magnesium, which i believe to come from Processing mod, which is made by something. However i have no ways to sort anything yielding magnesium ore. Perhaps i'm missing something. This makes using the recipe for Iron+Manganese+Magnesium difficult (impossible?). What could i possibly be missing?

I have included factorio-current.log in pastebin ( https://pastebin.com/DUcYnVJB ).
The only place I'm finding magnesium able to be created is in one of the titanium ingot recipes. However, since it takes magnesium ingots in there's actually no way of creating the ore or using that recipe.

But keep in mind some ores and the like are added into the data when the author is experimenting with some things or otherwise adding on and prepping for future work. It's easier to add some ideas in increments than to keep track of everything that doesn't work in the current release and add it in only when it's fully developed. Plus it allows for some feedback if people look at and analyze it.

MadClown, I think it's interesting how you've got the magnesium loop going into the titanium chain. Would love to see how it ends up playing out once the recipes are finished and it becomes obtainable.

Edit: Looking through the mod stuff, it appears magnesium is in the Extended Minerals mod.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Jackalope_Gaming wrote:...
A very eloquent way of putting it. Honestly the truth is that I accidentally released my testing copy, so I just went "meh" and kept the changes out there.
I need to add a proper magnesium processing chain etc, but yeah eventually you'll be able to use it in iron & titanium smelting.

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

Does this mod work with Bobs and Pyanodon ONLY, aka, NOT including Angel's mods? If so, I'm wondering if the PyTouched by an Angel mod is necessary as well if only playing with BPY + your Processing mod ONLY.

Thanks

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

npuldon wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:42 pm
Does this mod work with Bobs and Pyanodon ONLY, aka, NOT including Angel's mods? If so, I'm wondering if the PyTouched by an Angel mod is necessary as well if only playing with BPY + your Processing mod ONLY.

Thanks
It's got a hard dependency on Angel's mods. Not going to work if Angel's isn't loaded

Absolute-Phoenix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Absolute-Phoenix »

So you just released an update to 0.17 but it depends on "Angel's Bio Processing" Witch has not been updated...Is this intended?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Absolute-Phoenix wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:19 pm
So you just released an update to 0.17 but it depends on "Angel's Bio Processing" Witch has not been updated...Is this intended?
When bioprocessing is released you don't have to wait for this mod to also be updated, you can play with both straight away.

jooe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jooe »

tl;dr: Incompatibility with alien-biomes, "Error AppManager.cpp:606: Value outside of range in property tree at ROOT.arguments[1].arguments[1].arguments.seed1.literal_value"

Hi everybody,

I know that we should not actually use the updated MadClown's mods yet, as the dependency Angel's Bio Processing is not yet updated.

Anyways, becoming a little bit impatient (no offense intended ;) I tried it out with the patch posted by mrvn (viewtopic.php?f=185&t=65349#p405850)

When I also load the mod alien biomes (0.4.2), I cannot start a new map because of the following error:
Error AppManager.cpp:606: Value outside of range in property tree at ROOT.arguments[1].arguments[1].arguments.seed1.literal_value

The error occurs with the following mod combination:
1) full bob's
2) full angel's
3) clown's processing+minerals
4) alien biomes

Removing either 3 or 4 makes the error disappear.
I could not find out where "literal_value" gets used except in RSO, which is *not* loaded.

Maybe you can iron this out while Angel is still working on Bio Processing? Thank you all for your great work on those mods! :)

kenlon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kenlon »

Light wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:10 pm
When bioprocessing is released you don't have to wait for this mod to also be updated, you can play with both straight away.
So no using the other parts of the MadClown stuff while we wait for Angel then, I guess? I hope Bioprocessing gets updated really soon, I'm suffering from complexity withdrawal.

jooe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jooe »

I asked Earendel, the author of alien biomes, if he had an idea about the problem mentioned above. Here is what he wrote:
My mod doesn't affect resource or biter placement at all. I actually make a point of that when people ask for things like resources restricted to biomes. Other people are free to make mods that do that though.
anyway, my best guess is that their mod references the autoplace settings of some base game tile, but my mod sets all of those to nil so it can't find something
Any idea what to do? I'll try and look into the code myself, but while I do know some coding, I've never been into modding games ...

jooe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jooe »

Just thought I'd drop a short message that the problem I mentioned before has been fixed by Earendel (quite a while ago). Alien Biomes in its current version is now using less noise layers so they are available for other mods (like this one).

Return to “Angels Mods”