Pumps max pump rate controlled by circuit network

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

tbelaire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Pumps max pump rate controlled by circuit network

Post by tbelaire »

TL;DR
Circuit network can make a pump pump slower.
What ?
I would like to slow down a pump with the circuit network.
PumpCircuit.png
PumpCircuit.png (223.65 KiB) Viewed 1593 times
Ideally, this screen would have another radio button, "control rate". Then if I hooked up a signal with 100, the pump would only pump 100 units a second, instead of 12000/s.
Why ?
This will be useful as you can then split up fluids. It can be used to make a balancer. If you build something like this currently
PumpBalance.png
PumpBalance.png (76.29 KiB) Viewed 1593 times
All the fluids getting pumped in will get slurped up by the middle pump, but if I set all three to only pump at 4000/s then as long as the input was full, each output will receive exactly 1/3 of the flow.

I know that angel's addons includes a building which can balance fluids, but I think giving us building blocks to build our own balancers is more in line with the game philosophy.

Lav
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Pumps max pump rate controlled by circuit network

Post by Lav »

Build a liquid tank. Put two pumps to drain it. Use wires to connect both pumps to the tank and set pumps activation condition to Any >= 400. Now you have a liquid splitter.

You can connect up to 4 pipes to a tank. At least one will be used to fill it. Therefore, you can build 1-to-2 and 1-to-3 liquid splitters.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Pumps max pump rate controlled by circuit network

Post by eradicator »

Use a modulated pulse clock to turn the pumps on and off. If you want to pump only 50% you simply turn the pump on every odd tick. For a third every third tick, etcpp.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”