Make roboport available for logistic connecting

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Make roboport available for logistic connecting

Post by JoshLittle »

To get the roboports filled with repairpacks it is possible to put a requesterchest beside it which requests 10 repairpacks. But then the repairpacks are ignoring it. So it is nessacary to put it from there with an inserter to a storagechest or the roboport itself. But after it the chest is empty again and requests repairpacks which are not used yet. This will go on and on until the roboport is filled with repairpacks (and other roboports may have none).

So it would be nice if a smartinserter could figure out how much repairpacks are in the roboport

With putting it into a storagechest instead of the roboport this is possible yet, but even if the chest is only one position away the bots seem to more like to get the repairpacks from the productionmachine far away. So it would be beneficial to put them directly into the roboport
If your belt feels too long, your wall is just too short :mrgreen:

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Make roboport available for logistic connecting

Post by ssilk »

You are right.

Otherwise I'm sure, that the devs didn't make it possible to insert things into the roboports without using that at any time in the future. (you know you can insert bots, too, but doesn't work either to limit the numbers.)

In other words: I mean this is already on the todo- list, cause it is logical. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

Yeah it would be intentional to have the possibility to put them via inserter into the roboport. But then the ports are flodded with bots (maybe the false ones) and you have no control over the production of bots. So the best practical way is to produce both types into two limited chests and to let them free when visiting the area or to let them be delivered to the player.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Maybe you could make roboports like gun turrets, which only accept 10 items by inserter.

Of course then it could only accept 10 robots too..

syneris
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by syneris »

I don't really use the slots on the roboports. I see that as a secondary feature for isolated outposts. Bots will pickup repairpacks from storage and provider chests within the network it is connected to.

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by JoshLittle »

I think this is also a bit buggy. I had a roboport which was needed to repair a large outside corner where no other roboport could reach. And I had a storagechest in front of it with initial 50 repairpacks. This chest was not touched. After a while the roboport hat some more bots in it and some repairpacks, but they had to come frome somewhere else.

I also watched scenes where a bot startet from the nearest port (without repairpacks) but didn't go to the chest next to it. First he went all the way back to another chest to pick up a repairpack to come back to repair the wall.

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

syneris wrote:I don't really use the slots on the roboports. I see that as a secondary feature for isolated outposts. Bots will pickup repairpacks from storage and provider chests within the network it is connected to.
Yes, but i prefer going to point A to B, instead of A > B > C.

Maybe middle-click the repair pack slot and have the roboport itself a requester chest ;) (mod idea?)
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”