Production Calculator

Calculate optimal ratios for feeding recipes, search through the research-tree, specialized tools to view game-information.
redferret
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Production Calculator

Post by redferret »

I removed the calculator for now.
Last edited by redferret on Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Production Calculator

Post by Koub »

Hi,
First thing : if I need to register, I'll never bother using the calculator. And I think most people will do as I do : they'll just try another calculator.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Koub wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:56 pm
Hi,
First thing : if I need to register, I'll never bother using the calculator. And I think most people will do as I do : they'll just try another calculator.
Agreed, I have accounts for more things than I need already. If anything this is encouraging me to find something else or just make my own.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

redferret
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by redferret »

Jap2.0 wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:08 am
Koub wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:56 pm
Hi,
Agreed, I have accounts for more things than I need already. If anything this is encouraging me to find something else or just make my own.
I'll see what I can do about making a non registered session for people who don't want to register, although it's not that hard to register and that webapp allows you to stay logged on using the 'remember me' flag.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

redferret wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:14 pm
although it's not that hard to register and that webapp allows you to stay logged on using the 'remember me' flag.
I don't know where you or all the other people on the internet get the idea that registering on any site has ever been "difficult". That's simply not a relevant criteria. It takes half a second to press the back button to get back to google and try the next calculator. And most of them allow you to store your settings via a simple url that you can link to anyone you like. (for example https://doomeer.com/factorio/). Oh, and btw your registration isn't even working. The "register" button does nothing and firefox shows a big warning on every form field because the connection is not encrypted. And why the hell do you even need peoples email address? A calculator has no buisiness knowing personal information. Unless ofc this is an elaborate grab for mail:pw combinations, which it sure looks like (ye know, judging from the login screen as that's the only thing i can see). But i'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt on that. (The problem is that even if it's not one it still looks like one.)
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

redferret
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by redferret »

eradicator wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:30 pm
redferret wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:14 pm
although it's not that hard to register and that webapp allows you to stay logged on using the 'remember me' flag.
I don't know where you or all the other people on the internet get the idea that registering on any site has ever been "difficult". That's simply not a relevant criteria. It takes half a second to press the back button to get back to google and try the next calculator. And most of them allow you to store your settings via a simple url that you can link to anyone you like. (for example https://doomeer.com/factorio/). Oh, and btw your registration isn't even working. The "register" button does nothing and firefox shows a big warning on every form field because the connection is not encrypted. And why the hell do you even need peoples email address? A calculator has no buisiness knowing personal information. Unless ofc this is an elaborate grab for mail:pw combinations, which it sure looks like (ye know, judging from the login screen as that's the only thing i can see). But i'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt on that. (The problem is that even if it's not one it still looks like one.)
Holy crap! Chill out! Point taken. Besides it takes fake emails, it's just a pre release. I haven't installed ssl yet.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

redferret wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:08 am
Chill out!
I am fairly chilled, thank you. But i can't be bothered to put fluffy fluffness on everything i type. It's called an "honest opinion" :p.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

redferret
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by redferret »

eradicator wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:16 am
redferret wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:08 am
Chill out!
I am fairly chilled, thank you. But i can't be bothered to put fluffy fluffness on everything i type. It's called an "honest opinion" :p.
You don't have to fluff it. With all the words you used it was pretty fluffy to begin with though.

Nefrums
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nefrums »

As a developer myself I understand why you used accounts. It enabels many nice features.
But as other people have said, it is not worth it. Simplicity >> advanced features

redferret
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by redferret »

Nefrums wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:30 am
As a developer myself I understand why you used accounts. It enabels many nice features.
But as other people have said, it is not worth it. Simplicity >> advanced features
Good to know, I'm really not trying to go all out here but I just wanted to get some feed back as this is just showcase work.

Return to “Cheatsheets / Calculators / Viewers”