Bioluminescence - Because lamps need not be the only things to glow in the dark

All mods from Reika

Moderator: Reika

FuriousPineapple
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bioluminescence Mod - tree gow persistent after tree removal

Post by FuriousPineapple »

Is the glow of the glow trees supposed to exist after the tree is removed ? I have this issue.

Cant seem to find an answer on github or here, my apologies if I have missed it. The unexplained patches of glowingness irk me, but I do enjoy the feel it adds to the game alongside alien biomes. If there is a fix I'd like to continue using it un-irked.

Thanks,

PS: Great work on your mods. I have used them in several games now, from Nauvis Day and End Game Combat to Rotarycraft and Reactorcraft to name just a few. You really get around.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bioluminescence Mod - tree gow persistent after tree removal

Post by Reika »

This is already fixed for the next release, and there is a way - albeit more fiddly and command-based - to remove leftover light.

Also, this is not the place to report bugs.

FuriousPineapple
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bioluminescence Mod - tree gow persistent after tree removal

Post by FuriousPineapple »

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I had a look at your github issue tracker, but I that seemed to be a place for bugs and serious issues while this seemed to me to be more of a question on a feature. *shrugs*. Will go bug you there next time. *facewall at originally unintended pun*

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

error running Bioluminescence

Post by Bizobinator »

Hello!

I got this error when I tried starting a new game with bioluminescence:

Code: Select all

Error while running event Bioluminescence::on_chunk_generated (ID 12)
LuaTile API call when LuaTile was invalid.
stack traceback:
	__Bioluminescence__/constants.lua:47: in function 'getColorsForTile'
	__Bioluminescence__/functions.lua:27: in function 'getRandomColorForTile'
	__Bioluminescence__/functions.lua:110: in function 'placeIfCan'
	__Bioluminescence__/control.lua:30: in function 'controlChunk'
	__Bioluminescence__/control.lua:41: in function <__Bioluminescence__/control.lua:40>

Any idea what would be causing this? Or, how I could fix it?

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: error running Bioluminescence

Post by Bizobinator »

Oki-dokes! I did a little bit more digging. It seems that it has a conflict with the "Blueprint Engineer" mod. Or, at least it runs fine unless I enable said other mod...

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Best guess: placeIfCan (functions.lua.109) is calling surface.get_tile(x,y) with coordinates that don't have a tile.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

eradicator wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:57 pm
Best guess: placeIfCan (functions.lua.109) is calling surface.get_tile(x,y) with coordinates that don't have a tile.
Can that even happen? Is there such a thing? Even "off map" is a tile (out-of-map).

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Reika wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:30 pm
eradicator wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:57 pm
Can that even happen? Is there such a thing? Even "off map" is a tile (out-of-map).
"out-of-map" is a normal tile in an existing chunk that just happens to be completely black, same as grass, dirt or whatelse. Totally different from a non-existing chunk. Calling get_tile on a position that has no tile will get you an invalid LuaTile object: /c game.print(game.player.surface.get_tile(10e5,10e5).valid).
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Rothguard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

how to remove luminous bush

Post by Rothguard »

yep thats pretty much it .

how do i remove these so i can build my base O_o

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Bioluminescence - Because lamps need not be the only things to glow in the dark

Post by Reika »

Mod Info:
Nights on Nauvis are incredibly dark and impenetrable. Sure, you have the ability to flood the night with your own constructions, but these require power and infrastructure, and will not help you see far-flung rail lines or that worm hiding in those trees. Night vision would, of course, but at the cost of everything looking like you have become colorblind to everything except green.

Why not allow both light and color to generate throughout the world, in the form of various bioluminescent plants, ranging from bushes to lilies to trees? Not only do these provide some small amount of visiblity, no matter how remote the area, they serve a lovely aesthetic purpose as well.

The plants all come in 12 or so colors, and will spawn colors appropriate for their biomes (eg white and cyan for ice biomes, red and yellow for deserts, blue for blue-grass biomes, and so on). This includes AlienBiomes support.
Screenshots/Video:
Sample generation; Trees and two bush variants can be seen

Some more tree colors:

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bioluminescence - Because lamps need not be the only things to glow in the dark

Post by Bizobinator »

Has anyone else been having a problem where the objects spawn in-world, but they don't glow at night? I tried removing all my mods save biolume, and they still didn't glow :(.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bioluminescence - Because lamps need not be the only things to glow in the dark

Post by DaleStan »

Bizobinator wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:13 pm
Has anyone else been having a problem where the objects spawn in-world, but they don't glow at night? I tried removing all my mods save biolume, and they still didn't glow :(.
It doesn't work for me either. I posted an issue on Github since that's how Reika likes to track things. Feel free to add more information there if you know anything I don't.

Orris
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Orris »

I've played with this mod now for the first time, and all works fine for me.

actually just went here to say THX! for amazing job it adds so much to the atmosphere, its the perfect touch for alien biomes, it will be hard to play without this mod from now and on.

EDIT:
after little more testing i had the same issue as the op

it seems that the downloadable version in the game is not the updated one.

BUT if i download and place manually the updated from the site it says that it incompatible with the version of the game

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

The mod has now been updated and works fine.

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

Bioluminescence currently has a crash bug when combined with certain other mods. A quick fix until reika can make an official release is in here: https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Bioluminescence/pull/3

eldorel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by eldorel »

BUG: Issue with UPS

Details: Running only DragonIndustries and Bioluminescence, a PC that is capable of running a moderate sized factory at 2x game speed and 120FPS/120UPS is reduced to only running the same factory at 13/13.

Without mod enabled:

With mod enabled:

Notes: I suspect that the issue was introduced after 17.69, since we noticed some oddness with UPS on two different multiplayer maps when we upgraded to 17.74 stable, and as the maps grew the problem because bad enough for me to start digging into our modpack to figure out where is was coming from.

Until this started, we've had no other issues whatsoever on these maps (and other, larger, maps prior to this) with this mod enabled.

Note: I found somone else with a similar issue on github here: https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Reika_F ... issues/199
I'll add my testing results there as well.

DarkyPupu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DarkyPupu »

I like this mod, fits the world perfectly. However i would prefer that you don't get wood every time you chop the trees, because just chopping and replanting you can have infinite wood supply, which is way too tempting :) (i commented the sapling part in the mod to avoid this as i don't think it's especially logic to cut a tree and replant it elsewhere anyway, maybe an option / bugfix for this ? )

Good work

Sparen
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sparen »

Are there any plans to enable this mod on 1.1 (as well as its dependency on DragonIndustries)?

chemicalvamp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by chemicalvamp »

Your thumbnail has all kinds of colors, But in game all I see is yellow everywhere, I cranked the spawn weight up hoping this would make factorio pretty, it does not.

https://imgur.com/a/0OJmQrG

Return to “Reika's Mods”