Train stop fast-replace does not update trains appropriately

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Train stop fast-replace does not update trains appropriately

Post by Reika »

If a train has stops A, B, and C, and I fast-replace the entity for stop B (with another train stop entity K), I would expect the train to now have the schedule A, K, C, with K's wait conditions being the same as it used to have for B.

This is not the case. The stop is replaced, and the train just "reds out" the station.

Yes, renaming the new station will re-add it, but this is something that should be addressed, especially given that fast-replace currently has no hooks for mods to do this automatically.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Train stop fast-replace does not update trains appropriately

Post by Bilka »

Your bug report would have been much easier to understand if you had just said "train stop fast replace doesn't copy name to new train stop" instead of referring to train schedules. I'm leaving this sentence here so that the bug report is more clear.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Reika
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Reika »

Bilka wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:51 am
Your bug report would have been much easier to understand if you had just said "train stop fast replace doesn't copy name to new train stop" instead of referring to train schedules. I'm leaving this sentence here so that the bug report is more clear.
While that is technically true, I have a feeling this goes deeper than just the name of the stop - any internal links are likely also broken.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Thank you for the report, fixed for 0.17.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”