Re: pY Industry - Discussion

Post by Nexela »

4 5dim_botrecaller

Splicer9
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Splicer9 »

Hello. I noticed your naming convention for the text on the storage tanks is consistent except for the "70000" tank which I would expect to be named "7000" given the pattern. Not asking you to change it if its intentional, it doesn't bother me but I thought maybe it might have been an oversight on your end :P You make fantastic mods with the highest quality custom sprites, thank you for your hard work. :) < copy/pasted from mods.factorio (now understanding the mod portal isnt the best for discussion/bug reporting)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Splicer9 wrote:Hello. I noticed your naming convention for the text on the storage tanks is consistent except for the "70000" tank which I would expect to be named "7000" given the pattern. Not asking you to change it if its intentional, it doesn't bother me but I thought maybe it might have been an oversight on your end :P You make fantastic mods with the highest quality custom sprites, thank you for your hard work. :) < copy/pasted from mods.factorio (now understanding the mod portal isnt the best for discussion/bug reporting)

That tanks were made before factorio update where they changed the way fluids are count.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Rothguard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rothguard »

Hey Py

Just had a problem where the PY-VENT would not vent Nitrogen.... is this a bug or a feature ?

Cheers
Rothguard

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Rothguard wrote:Hey Py

Just had a problem where the PY-VENT would not vent Nitrogen.... is this a bug or a feature ?

Cheers
Rothguard

not work well with other fluids outside of py mods. So, use sinkhole for it
pY Coal processing mod

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

pyanodon wrote:
Rothguard wrote:Hey Py

Cheers
Rothguard

not work well with other fluids outside of py mods. So, use sinkhole for it
Also convince those other mod authors they need to add gas_temperature to their gassy fluid prototypes :)

daydev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by daydev »

Hi, I'm observing a strange issue where the local radar seems to shimmy as it works. Link to a video.

At first I almost thought it was intended, the radar appears very ramshackle, but black line appearing at the top and cut off lines on the left and right suggest that the animation sprites don't line up quite correctly.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

daydev wrote:Hi, I'm observing a strange issue where the local radar seems to shimmy as it works. Link to a video.

At first I almost thought it was intended, the radar appears very ramshackle, but black line appearing at the top and cut off lines on the left and right suggest that the animation sprites don't line up quite correctly.

Here its working ok.
pY Coal processing mod

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mod updated! please grab your updated version by the game or mod portal. Info on the first page.
pY Coal processing mod

mill_yama
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mill_yama »

https://github.com/mill-yama/PyIndustry ... /jp/jp.cfg
Hi! I made jp translation.
and i have one Question.

[wall-name]
poorman-wood-fence = Poor's man wood fence

Is this used in games?
Thank you :D
I using Google translation. my english is bad

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

mill_yama wrote:https://github.com/mill-yama/PyIndustry ... /jp/jp.cfg
Hi! I made jp translation.
and i have one Question.

[wall-name]
poorman-wood-fence = Poor's man wood fence

Is this used in games?
Thank you :D

Thank you for the translation. Yes ahaha it´s a primary wooden fence you can find under PyIndustry menu. :)
pY Coal processing mod

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

py lately while building a py bot outpost and building engines on site i noticed the number of them needed
dont take this wrong i love your automated factories .
But maybe there is a need for automated factory MK2 ( that requires chrome or niobium or circuit2 or some othere more advanced stuff) that has X2 crafting speed maybe even a MK3 like the 3 levels in vanilla even o color change ed one would be very helpful (like change the yellow roof with a red/ blue /orange one)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:py lately while building a py bot outpost and building engines on site i noticed the number of them needed
dont take this wrong i love your automated factories .
But maybe there is a need for automated factory MK2 ( that requires chrome or niobium or circuit2 or some othere more advanced stuff) that has X2 crafting speed maybe even a MK3 like the 3 levels in vanilla even o color change ed one would be very helpful (like change the yellow roof with a red/ blue /orange one)

Its already fast, i dont see a reason to make an even faster automated factory. Also, its in wrong thread, should br on pycoal.
pY Coal processing mod

andre2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by andre2 »

Hi,

some feedback regarding tanks.

i rather like to use the 4000L tanks 2 times instead of one 8000L tank. 2x 4000L tanks need less space and can be better organised in tight spots. So for a 400,000 unit fluid storage i use 10x 4000L tanks. I put them in 2 rows, like 2x5. The 8000L tank appears as not needed to me at all. The only advantage I can see in the 8000L tanks is that it looks pretty. :D So for a base with a certain intended appearance the 8000L can tank make sense.
Also the 2x 4000L tank is still cheaper on resources for the same ammount of storage.

I wonder why the name of the tanks is their unit storage /10. Is a litre in Factorio 10 units in size? So one unit is 100ml or 0.1l?

A disadvantage of most tanks is that they are so high and block objects behind them visually.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

they were made before he update that changed the fluid measurement. Thanks for feedback.
pY Coal processing mod

andre2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by andre2 »

Ok. So fluids where changed. I did not knew that.
In case you ever want to change them, please find a way that the tanks dont block so much behind them, visually.

I understand that this is not really your case as the issue comes from the limits of the engine. Because I really like the visual appearance of the tanks. They are graphics well done.

When you put the 4k tanks in a row from up to down or N->S, it is difficult to see where pipes are and if they are connected.

Also connecting them with red wire for circuit network is difficult. I always try to use a blueprint to make sure to not miss one or mess it all up.
The difficulty comes from the marker of the structure. It marks the foodprint of the building but not its hight.
So on the 2nd tank from below the marker is on the 1st tanks roof. And so on with tanks in the middle.
1st tank
1st tank
1.jpg (671.7 KiB) Viewed 7348 times
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (673.34 KiB) Viewed 7348 times

Coffee Daemon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Coffee Daemon »

Hey Pyanodon. I am looking at the robots introduced in pY Industry and they are unfortunately very hard to use, as you need to push to vanilla robots before you can get logistics chests. Might I suggest an unweildly annoying building that acts like a Logistic Storage Chest? That way your construction bots can do more than repair, and your logistic bots can do more than nothing.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Coffee Daemon wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:09 pm
Hey Pyanodon. I am looking at the robots introduced in pY Industry and they are unfortunately very hard to use, as you need to push to vanilla robots before you can get logistics chests. Might I suggest an unweildly annoying building that acts like a Logistic Storage Chest? That way your construction bots can do more than repair, and your logistic bots can do more than nothing.
use logi storge chests green science circui1

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Coffee Daemon wrote:

But You unlock py bots with just red and green, as well as the logistics system too. Maybe some mod is doing incompatibilities wity your game.
pY Coal processing mod

Coffee Daemon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Coffee Daemon »

pyanodon wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:36 pm
Coffee Daemon wrote:

But You unlock py bots with just red and green, as well as the logistics system too. Maybe some mod is doing incompatibilities wity your game.
No incompatibility issues. It is simply that as you have to unlock vanilla bots anyway there is redundancy. I'll be using your bots (once I get the extra 30 science packs sorted) purely for the better looks, but I'd like a reason to utilise them other than aesthetics. They unlock earlier, but aren't really useable is all.

Return to “PyMods”