Topics and discussion about specific mods
Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] AAI Programmable Vehicles

Post by Mernom »

Berkys32 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:38 am
Thank you for your answers. Sadly there was no option to change Y key until I reinstalled your mod. I just wanted you to know ;)

Confused robots - I saw in some mod option to disable roboports when moving. Maybe that could help a little, so I can send vehicle somewhere, than wait until job is done and recall it. I wouldnt mind if confused bot return to logistic network, but now they are sitting in place forewer - until I pick them up manually or remove your mod...

vehicle groups - keys or buttons somewhere. I like using more vehicles and commanding them RTS style, but sometimes you want to control group of specific vehicles...

New pathfinding is really great, even in its "bulldozing" form. Spent few hours setting it up, and finally Im able to have proper setup where I dont need trains :)

Only thing I cannot solve is different vehicles in same path. Sooner or later faster vehicle catch slower one, and on next waypoint they usually end bumping into each other trying to get to waypoint. Maybe if they dont have to get so close to waypoint, it could help it a little.

And another suggestion - speed limit on paths. I wanted to have haulers on path, followed by chaingunners, but it was a mess, because hauler is much faster, so after a while chaingunners ended stuck somewhere, trying to follow hauler on the other side of base. I know there is SPEED signal, but didnt find way how to use it with Paths...
order your chaingunners to follow the haulers, that way they'll keep pace.

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

No they dont, they fall behind...

millan123ta
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by millan123ta »

My aim was to create blueprints that are UPS-friendly. My knowledge is quite marginal so all i did was reducing the ticks for the scanners and controllers.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

The latest update allows you to:
Allow pathfinding on position waypoints. They will start with direct move and pathfinding if they find an obstacle. The default is off because the most likely collision is with another vehicle and often you don't want the vehicle to run around with biter AI in your base. You can also set this with the path control tower using the pathfinding signal.

Allow pathfinding is always enabled for dynamic waypoints because they can move and you can't guarantee a valid direct route.

You can now set a speed limit per path. Originally this was going to be per waypoint but it would be annoying to have to set this for each one. You can also set this with the path control tower using the speed signal.
ShinoHarvest wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:53 pm
bug / mod conflict
effect: bug make save and load game crazy long 2min+

mod pack: https://mega.nz/#!8oQj0KwL!0sydGZlpD_ct ... V5HCVzm3GQ
savegame: https://mega.nz/#!rCBRHIRQ!LTltfECFyEjt ... ln0fqsUIvs

if you load only aai signal & aai prog vehi, remove all other mod bug persist but if you just remove aai prog vehi bug is removed

detailed info on game & mod vers:
game begin with AAI Programmable Vehicles 0.4.4 bug begin probably after logicar technologie aquired after game update AAI Programmable Vehicles 0.4.6

theori:
bug probably conflict with logicar mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/logicarts) and need unactive aai for this vehicule / retroactive corectif if posible for delete buged data in save
I've updated the mod to exclude logicarts from vehicle AI. That should make the mods compatible going forwards.

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

Berkys32 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:56 am
Oh, this MIGHT be a problem then.
millan123ta wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:57 am
My aim was to create blueprints that are UPS-friendly. My knowledge is quite marginal so all i did was reducing the ticks for the scanners and controllers.
You could try to use one building to command multiple units. Use timing.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Berkys32 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:56 am
Have the hauler follow the chain gunner until it reaches the target.

tanuki_san
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tanuki_san »

Crushed when a vehicle that is driven by player is switched AI state to ON running with "Pavement Drive Assist" MOD.

346.863 Error MainLoop.cpp:1035: Exception at tick 3684152: Error while running event aai-programmable-vehicles::on_tick (ID 0)
Error while running event PavementDriveAssist::on_player_driving_changed_state (ID 26)
__PavementDriveAssist__/pda.lua:90: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:1420: in function 'unit_update_mode'
__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:4696: in function 'unit_tick'
__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:4734: in function <__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:4704

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

tanuki_san wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:03 am
Crushed when a vehicle that is driven by player is switched AI state to ON running with "Pavement Drive Assist" MOD.

346.863 Error MainLoop.cpp:1035: Exception at tick 3684152: Error while running event aai-programmable-vehicles::on_tick (ID 0)
Error while running event PavementDriveAssist::on_player_driving_changed_state (ID 26)
__PavementDriveAssist__/pda.lua:90: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:1420: in function 'unit_update_mode'
__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:4696: in function 'unit_tick'
__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:4734: in function <__aai-programmable-vehicles__/control.lua:4704
I'm pretty sure that those mods conflicting is a known error.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

hope to see you weigh in on today's FFF specifically about AI movements

viewtopic.php?t=62717

https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-262

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

Hmm. From what I understand, the changes will allow you to make pathfinding requests, and the assign the calculated path to a unit. This should make it possible to drop the invisible biter approach.

On top of that, general improvements should make it less quirky in general.

Zanostra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zanostra »

I was driving in a hauler, it was on the AI is always on state ( green button ),
And I let it find a path around cliffs and forests, only this one hauler with me in it.
The yellow dots were trying to find a path and at the corner of the cliffs the pathfinding bumped into a tree.
Not the hauler and me, only the path at the point where the remaining yellow dots go straight to the destination.
The tree got damaged and destroyed, and the pathfinding continued to find a suitable path.
12 seconds later me and my hauler passed the location where the tree was standing before.
I couldn't recreate it, but I thought I should mention it.
( hope this is the right place )

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Philip017 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:24 am
hope to see you weigh in on today's FFF specifically about AI movements

viewtopic.php?t=62717

https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-262
Yes, very excited about this.
Zanostra wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:46 am
I was driving in a hauler, it was on the AI is always on state ( green button ),
And I let it find a path around cliffs and forests, only this one hauler with me in it.
The yellow dots were trying to find a path and at the corner of the cliffs the pathfinding bumped into a tree.
Not the hauler and me, only the path at the point where the remaining yellow dots go straight to the destination.
The tree got damaged and destroyed, and the pathfinding continued to find a suitable path.
12 seconds later me and my hauler passed the location where the tree was standing before.
I couldn't recreate it, but I thought I should mention it.
( hope this is the right place )
Yeah, so as you know a biter is used to navigate. When biters get stuck in trees they attack it. I tried making a biter without an attack, but that didn't work and if it has an attack of 0 damage it endlessly attacks the tree. I had to allow it to do damage to the tree otherwise it never makes progress. It is a problem that trees occasionally die to invisible biters but it was the only way I could get it to work.

Mernom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mernom »

Once you have access to pathfinding requests, the phantom dead trees won't stay, right?

thewoodenlego
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by thewoodenlego »

ok, I am gonna try to say this calmly... what is your mod doing? ok so I had some of the vehicles (chaingunner, flame tank, hauler) for this mod and the signals mod, etc. anyway, to the point. I was walking around and I ,have (now had) a small radar array, went by it and noticed all 9 of the radars were destroyed, nothing but the blueprints of where they were was left. I did check to make sure it wasn't biters infiltration and I have a small patrol roaming on the outside of my base to keep the biters out (the patrol never gets close to the array). any idea what could be causing it. note I do have some other mods on, some small weapons mod and the factorisimo mod. if you want some pics I can get them but it would be a while.

Fixed, must have been a certain mod I had on.
Last edited by thewoodenlego on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

How are you sure it werent biters? They are atracted to radars...

thewoodenlego
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by thewoodenlego »

Berkys32 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:55 am
How are you sure it werent biters? They are atracted to radars...
the patrol, the turrets I have crawling around the place, and searched the inside of my factory to make sure they weren't there. the patrol would keep most of the biters out. the turrets always have ammo and are in range of it. The game didn't alert me to any invasion either.

westamastaflash
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by westamastaflash »

How do I delete a path? The current way I've been doing it is deleting every waypoint but this is a real pain in the butt. Is there any way to delete a complete path?

thewoodenlego
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by thewoodenlego »

westamastaflash wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:55 pm
How do I delete a path? The current way I've been doing it is deleting every waypoint but this is a real pain in the butt. Is there any way to delete a complete path?
the easiest I have found is delete the first one.
Edit: completely disregard this post then
Last edited by thewoodenlego on Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

westamastaflash wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:55 pm
I will be adding a clear path button.

Zanostra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zanostra »

As far as I'm concerned the mod works really neat.
Now I'm trying to combine hauling from miners to depot missions into as few buildings as possible, without the help of tutorials.
I really love the puzzle, and the great feeling when things starting to work :D
I saw a cosmetic bug though.
Every time a hauler reaches a miner and he gets ores and gives coal for fuel, the ore exchange icon moves from the miner to the hauler.
But the coal icon moves from the hauler to the startingpoint of the map ( 0,0 )
Since int's in the middle of my base, I see coal flying by the whole time :lol:

oh, and just this error appeared:
{
Error while running event aai-programmable-structures::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaEquipment doesn't contain key unit_number.
stack traceback:
__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:84: in function 'struct_find_from_entity'
__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:1355: in function <__aai-programmable-structures__/control.lua:1340>
}
this only happens sometimes when the robots from a crawler are building a blueprint while you have the burner generator GUI of it open.
I can replicate it a few times, but I don't know what exact conditions do, so I can't make a save file with it going to happen.

Return to “Mods”