No Fluids to Mine

Topics and discussion about specific mods
mrudat
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

No Fluids to Mine

Post by mrudat »

More or less a combination of No Fluids to Mine Uranium, but generalised to (hopefully) work in the general case and Robot Mining Site's handling of uranium ore.

Allows you to mine Uranium (and hopefully mod-added resources as well, but this hasn't been tested) without having to supply fluid to the drill, by yielding 'ore-rubble' that requires further processing with the same amount of required fluid in order to yield the original ore.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: No Fluids to Mine

Post by foodfactorio »

this sounds useful, and could help with those tricky small patches where you already built things, and dont have enough room for pipes, and its not cheating, since we still need to use the liquids during processing anyway :)

also, some mods let you uncover a hidden area of deep mining, or a piece of infinite angel ore, so this way you can still mine it and process it later.
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

foodfactorio wrote: its not cheating balance changing, since we still need to use the liquids during processing
By that definition a mod that produces complex items like blue chips directly from ores - skipping all intermediate processes - would also be ok for you :p?

The point of requiring the fluid at the mining-site is that it adds an additional layer of logistics to get the fluid there. If you can just use the fluid in the factory right where you produce it it becomes just another "recipe with fluid". If you want "robot mining site" with fluid support you should ask the author of that mod to add it.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

ah thats true, its still useful in the sense that sometimes, the only way a player could do it might be to need to rip up multiple things and if they dont have much time at that point in time, they can just use this mod for that patch. (eg more convenient, for when they just want to do something, or have a younger player wanting to help mine stuff, and then another time they can play properly)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

mrudat
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mrudat »

Updated to actually support ores other than uranium, with help from staviq. Also added support for palleting/boxing mods by creating the rubble items early, and hiding unused items in data-final-fixes.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

DemonQueen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DemonQueen »

Startup crash on v0.0.2, attempting to index nil value `resource_rubble` on line 42 inside function `build_rubble(resource_name)` - no other details available. It's trying to build the rubble item for something but the deepcopy returned nil, and there were no checks for the existence of the resource as an item. I've slapped a few sanity checks into your data.lua, I'll test them now and see what I get.

Return to “Mods”