[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Modules.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Modules.

Post by bobingabout »

Adds more upgrade modules, Designed for use with Bob's plates (metals and chemicals) mod.

Key Features:
re-balances the modules to make them linier scaled up to level 8.
Speed Modules scaled to 20% speed boost and 15% energy consumption per level. (DyTech is 20% and 10%)
Efficiency Modules scaled to 15% reduction (DyTech is 25%)
Productivity Modules scaled to 5% efficiency, 10% extra polution and 15% extra energy consumption (DyTech is 5%, 20% and 20%, but in DyTech the last 2 scale double, to get to 50% max, mine is scaled linier to only 40% max)
Adds Polution Cleaning Modules scaled to 10% per level. (DyTech's is 20%)
Adds Polution Creating Modules scaled to 50% per level. (DyTech's is 20%. I wasn't going to add them, but if I didn't, then DyTech's versions would be on their own tab and wouldn't match my system. I could have gone with over-rides instead, but later decided just to go with it.)
All construction times are level x10, so to make a level 1 takes 10 seconds, to upgrade a level 7 to a level 8 takes 80 seconds.

Adds a new "Module Merging" set of recipies.
Adds Raw Speed module giving a 20% speed boost with no side effects.
Adds Green Module, giving a 15% less energy consumption, and 10% less polution generated.
Adds Raw Productivity module giving 5% productivity per level.

Also adds Effect Transmitter Beacon MK2
and Effect transmitter beacon mk3.

Downloads:
v0.12.x
Latest: V0.12.10 - 26th June 2016
Dropbox Latest
Archive

As of 0.12.5, the Library Mod is required.

V0.1.0
Updates:
V0.2.0
As a result of the number of components in the recipes, All normal modules leveled 1 through 4 will require at least an assembly machine MK 2 to automate. Merged modules of these levels will require an assembly machine 3 from my assembly machines mod (which takes upto 6 ingredients).
Levels 5 and 6 will require an assembly machine 3, and levels 7 and 8 will require an assembly machine 4.
Merged modules will require assembly machine 4 for levels 5, 6 and 7, and assembly machine 5 for level 8.
Raw Productivity module level 7 will also require an assembly machine 5.
change log
Last edited by bobingabout on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.10.x] Bob's Modules.

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Can I use this mod allong side with DyTech-Modules? (I think no but I ask)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:Can I use this mod allong side with DyTech-Modules? (I think no but I ask)
The ones with the same name as the DyTech modules with overide the dytech modules.
everything else is added.

So... kinda, yes, but it makes DyTech modules redundant.
I also have a Patreon.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Ok. I remove DyTech-Modules.

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

Adds Green Module by combining Efficiency module and Cleaning module, giving a 20% less energy consumption, and 20% less polution generated.
As a result I'll get 64% of pollution (0.8*0.8*100%) and 80% of energy consumption, right? Efficiency modules anyway provide decrease pollution generation

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Vitduo wrote:
Adds Green Module by combining Efficiency module and Cleaning module, giving a 20% less energy consumption, and 20% less polution generated.
As a result I'll get 64% of pollution (0.8*0.8*100%) and 80% of energy consumption, right? Efficiency modules anyway provide decrease pollution generation
Something like that, yes.

With a level 4 module, you have an 80% reduction on both, dropping polution and energy efficiency to 20% (minimum) and this results in 4% polution.
I also have a Patreon.

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omegasrevenge »

Hey bob,
I wanted to ask you what mod added the diamond, topaz, ruby and so on to the game? I am playing with your ore and chemicals mod and I haven't found any of this!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

omegasrevenge wrote:Hey bob,
I wanted to ask you what mod added the diamond, topaz, ruby and so on to the game? I am playing with your ore and chemicals mod and I haven't found any of this!
The old version of DyTech. As far as I know the new modular version hasn't added gems yet, but I could be mistaken.

I've been thinking about adding them to a later version of bobplates (Bob's Metals and Chemicals mod), but it is likely I'll just change the recipe in a later version.
I also have a Patreon.

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omegasrevenge »

bobingabout wrote:
omegasrevenge wrote:Hey bob,
The old version of DyTech. As far as I know the new modular version hasn't added gems yet, but I could be mistaken.

I've been thinking about adding them to a later version of bobplates (Bob's Metals and Chemicals mod), but it is likely I'll just change the recipe in a later version.
Thanks for the quick answer! I am a player who loves to dwell in the endgame.... Someone who rushes down big numbers of material (1+ million units of copper and iron plates in logistic chests) and rushes down all research and afterwards starts truly building and automating seriously instead of mostly crafting himself with 10x accelerated gametime speed. In other words, the more there is to theorycraft about in endgame, the more I like the game.
This mod finally gave me a reason to try your circuitry boards and some of the ore plates I didnt have to use yet - I have over 2mil gold and other ores in similar quantities just lying around. Thank you a lot for that!
Now PLEASE, add MORE for me to do in endgame! :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

omegasrevenge wrote:Now PLEASE, add MORE for me to do in endgame! :D
All in good time. I do have some ideas.
I also have a Patreon.

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omegasrevenge »

Thank you :D

If you cant view the image use this link!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

+21120%, is that speed or productivity? x3
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote:+21120%, is that speed or productivity? x3
:D :D :D lols

Vitduo
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vitduo »

I think speed. As for productivity, it's TOO large number, rly

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Vitduo wrote:
I think speed. As for productivity, it's TOO large number, rly
That's an insane number even for speed.
I also have a Patreon.

omegasrevenge
Inserter
Inserter

Post by omegasrevenge »

This baby is a construction of 22 Mark 3 Beacons filled to the brim with Raw Speed Modules Level 8, giving every single module tower a propagation of almost 1000% production SPEED and 0% increase in energy consumption.

These 22 monsters affect the greatest insanity of them all; The Ultimate Mining Drill (TradeMark) from DyTech. This is the crowning achievement of Factorio's humans and has a mining speed of 15, mining power of 20, energy usage of 2.5MW and inside of my setup it has a pollution generation of 333.333 units. More importantly, It has a mining RANGE OF 99 x 99 TILES, which basically means almost the ENTIRE SCREEN.

I have created something evil, something ravenous as this complex of buildings rampages across the land and the 22 Beacons and 6 affected harvesters mine me 2million copper ore and 2million iron ore in something between 30minutes and 1 hour.

I have gone a step further and increased all stack sizes (how many units of items can be stacked onto one stack) of all ore and all plates to 5000. Now I can fit insane numbers of items in just a few chests. That was necessary as EVEN MY EXTRA LARGE STEEL CHESTS were overflowing by the DOZENS!

But just mining ore was not enough.

I also use the mod "Yuoki Industries", which means that the recipes of batteries has been altered for me. Now I can use mining drills to get all 2 ores necessary to make batteries, which means I have an infinite supply of them; the problem is that the drills are meant to be early game where there is no such ore to be found in the starting area - which means they are slow and cheap.

You know what is coming.

Every single one of these drills is married to 5 Mark 3 Beacons, they now produce the resources to create 1.000 batteries within less than 10 minutes; and I am using only 10 of those cheap buildings.

You know what else I am too lazy to do? You guessed it. I don't like fighting aliens, there's far more interesting stuff to be done. Like mining out the core of the planet?

Yuoki Industries also has a way of creating infinite amounts of an item called "dirt". There is one thing special about it. This mod also comes with a building called a "washer", which can use clean water and dirt to create stone ( set stack sizes to 500.000, will never bother me), contaminated Water (can be used in steam engines to generate energy. However, this fluid can be heated to 150° celsius and makes the engines produce 50% more energy each) and last but not least - Alien Data Fragments.

12 Alien Data Fragments and some science packs can be crafted into one Alien Artefact.

This process is usually pretty slow - but I swear I saw the Beacon Mark 3s give me a BLOODTHIRSTY GRIN when they made my 6 washers produce 1.000 Alien Artefacts approximately each 15 minutes.

This mod here. Is. Awwww. YEAH!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Reading your post, first thoughts: That's insane! the awesome kind of insane.
You made me laugh as I read it all, good creative writing there.

I'm glad you're enjoying my mods!
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

While looking at re-writing my code for the "V2" recipe and research system, I noticed an oops in my code.

There is a Research Recipe overide in place that is supposed to reduce the cost of the level 3 researching for the existing 3 module types. I accidently apply it to the level 1 module research instead.

So if you were wondering why the research costs were... strange, for the first 3 levels of speed, effectivity and productivity, that's why.
I also have a Patreon.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Why do you re-write your code?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:Why do you re-write your code?
The current release, although stable, was just a stepping stone to get the new modules and beacons working.

I plan to add new intermediates:
Module case
Module circuit board
Module contact
Module Processor Board
Speed Processor
Effectivity Processor
Productivity Processor
Pollution Cleaning Processor
Pollution Creating Processor.

Then these new intermediates will be components for the module recipes, along with some of them being research items for a new Modules Lab.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”