Clear pipes with F

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Clear pipes with F

Post by AntiElitz »

It's always a hassle if you accidentally connect a pipe to the wrong fluid. Even with a pump you cannot clear the entire section completely most of the time when having mixed liquids in there. There was a recommendation from Xenocyber in my chat to allow to clear an entire section of connected pipes completely with the "pick up" hotkey F. This would add an easy way to correct these kind of common mistakes. I really like this Idea.

Greetings, AntiElitz

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Clear pipes with F

Post by Hannu »

Great idea, I agree very strongly. Laborious replacing of contaminated pipes is just annoying and futile bullying instead of entertaining gaming.

peet1993
Inserter
Inserter

Post by peet1993 »

I like that idea too. Getting "punished" for messing up is one thing, but that is just pure torture :D

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

There is a mod, with it you just cannot connect two pipes with different fluids.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PipesFix

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

I agree that there should be a better way to handle the case where you accidently put different fluids into the same pipe.

An alternative solution may be a gas/liquid filter that allows you to send different fluids into different pipes, similar to a belt filter. This would also allow you to deliberately use a single pipe for different fluids, just as you can also deliberately use the same conveyor belt for different solid items ("sushi belts"). I'm not sure if this is desirable in Factorio, but it works pretty well in the game "Oxygen Not Included".

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”