Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

unfunf22
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by unfunf22 »

hi archangel can i make a lite version of your smelting mod, i would also like to use some of your graphics?
the mod has no depency its like vanilla.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

unfunf22 wrote:hi archangel can i make a lite version of your smelting mod, i would also like to use some of your graphics?
the mod has no depency its like vanilla.
In short:
Idea, recipes etc yes, graphics no.

unfunf22
Inserter
Inserter

Post by unfunf22 »

mKay

Broskev
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Broskev »

Hi! Reposting as no answer received :)

Hello Angel!

I have two questions about your petrochem train.

1) For some reason it does not show up on the map as a train. It's completely invisible there. I can see your normal crawler trains just fine.
2) Are you planning to introduce higher tears of the petrochem wagons that can store more liquid?

Thank you for your answer.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi angel, can i check if your mods are meant to completely remove Stone Ore Patches by design?
i am having no stone at all when i play with angels refining, and no Resource Settings showing Stone at all.

i recently upgraded Factorio from v0.16.31 to v0.16.51 and while the upgrade seemed to be ok, i also upgraded all mods, and am also having problems with Stone Patches "Not" appearing. After spending a lot of time disabling a mod here and there, and restarting, i disabled all mods and started enabling ones that seemed to be related to resources. (first mod i disabled was RSO as it had Resources in the name lol, but RSO was not the bandit) :)

im not 100% sure, but it seems to be just due to Angels Refining, and here is was i have found so far:

Vanilla base Factorio = has stone patches
Vanilla base with or without PyCoal Py mods = has stone patches

Vanilla base: + (latest published versions as of today)
angelsinfiniteores
angelspetrochem
angelssmelting
angelsrefining
+
the bobs mods below (2 are actually required for the above mods in 0.16.51 or they give an error and game doesnt load)

boblibrary
bobores
bobplates

= no Stone patches (and no mention of stone in the New Game > Resource Settings screen)
(i even tried with bobs Enchanced Stone on or off)

When i go into Map Editor and start a blank map, i can draw some Stone onto the ground, and when i mouse over it, the yellow mod info text showed this when i tried this before: base > bob > rso > angel
but maybe it is just Angels Mods, completely removing Stone patches altogether?

(or possibly a bug?)

i know some mods that like to use up stone, (especially PyCoal using it for Tar Production), so i hope Stone Patches havent been removed, as i was already putting all that Slag and Crushed Stone to good use) :)

i had been enjoying my Angel-Bob-Yuoki game, but wasnt able to play much and then recently tried to update and try some more, but surprisingly most of my existing save game seems to still work, just no stone patches, so i tried vanilla + angels, and no Stone patches either.

there was another player who mentioned stone not being present any more, on bobs mods page here, and i replied to it there but did i just forget that angels replaces Stone Patches with crushes stone and slag?
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3797&p=375801#p375801
Attachments
stone_not_available.png
stone_not_available.png (379.52 KiB) Viewed 6730 times
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Whne you playing with angel ores, you don't get stone patches, stone is byproduct from crushing ore, so you have plenty of that. you can also make stone from slag (which you will have plenty at begining too).

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

mexmer wrote:Whne you playing with angel ores, you don't get stone patches, stone is byproduct from crushing ore, so you have plenty of that. you can also make stone from slag (which you will have plenty at begining too).
thanks for the confirmation mexmer

i added pyMods to the Angel-Bob-Yuoki and only have a trickle of slag and crushed stone at the moment, so will need to ramp up mining, but i found this mod that lets me get space ores (and stone/coal etc) and it looks like it actually requires a lot of resources to send a resource rocket up to space to get a small Net Gain back (for example, about 800 to 1200 coal to get 1500 coal from asteroid, so its a small fun way to get a bit of extra resource, but not too much to spoil it) :)

actually, now that i added PyCoal mods, i should have said thanks for the Clarification :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

nnotm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nnotm »

Playing in Seablock, I just noticed that the electric boiler together with the Steam engine MK3 from Bob's Power produces a net energy of 159 kW. That doesn't seem like something that should be the case. I'm not sure though if it's something related to the Seablock config or if it would be possible otherwise as well.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

nnotm wrote:Playing in Seablock, I just noticed that the electric boiler together with the Steam engine MK3 from Bob's Power produces a net energy of 159 kW. That doesn't seem like something that should be the case. I'm not sure though if it's something related to the Seablock config or if it would be possible otherwise as well.
I'm not up to date, is that with the latest changes bob made to his energy stuff and the boiler rebalance?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

with the newest versions that shouldn't happen as bob removed the efficiency gain from the engines they are now all 1.0

nnotm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nnotm »

ukezi wrote:with the newest versions that shouldn't happen as bob removed the efficiency gain from the engines they are now all 1.0
Ah, fair enough, that's good to hear

Alixzandre
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Alixzandre »

After this morning's update I'm getting the following loading message:

Failed to load mods: __angelspetrochem__/data-final-fixes:lua:1: ...gelspetrochem/prototypes/petrochem-global-override.lua:124: attempt to index field 'solid-resin-2' (a nil value)

Mods to be disabled:
-angelspetrochem

WraithCadmus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by WraithCadmus »

Alixzandre wrote: Failed to load mods: __angelspetrochem__/data-final-fixes:lua:1: ...gelspetrochem/prototypes/petrochem-global-override.lua:124: attempt to index field 'solid-resin-2' (a nil value)
Same here

svenie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by svenie »

Im getting the same error :(

WraithCadmus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by WraithCadmus »

Okay, so I just downloaded 0.7.9 from the portal and it's working okay it seems.

svenie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by svenie »

WraithCadmus wrote:Okay, so I just downloaded 0.7.9 from the portal and it's working okay it seems.
Where can i find this?

WraithCadmus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by WraithCadmus »

You can grab old versions of the mods on the page of the mod portal.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/angelspetrochem/downloads

svenie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by svenie »

LOL yeah just found it lol :P

NightFears77
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by NightFears77 »

hey Angels there 1 mods kept say error loading mods Failed to load mods:__angelspetrochem__/data-final-fixs.lua:1:Angelspetrochem__/prototypes/petrochem--global--override.lua:124:attempt to index field 'solid-resin-2'(a nil value) so Mods to be disabled: angelspetrochem so would like you fix that error as soon possbile as couldn't play the game without 1 mods many thks

Redstylt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Redstylt »

Same error
Error -------------
Failed to load mod "angelspetrochem": __angelspetrochem__/data-final-fixes.lua:1: ...gelspetrochem__/prototypes/petrochem-global-override.lua:124: attempt to index field 'solid-resin-2' (a nil value)
---------------------

Please hotfix ?
Just a big fan of Factorio and all its mods

Return to “Angels Mods”