Remove robot charging cheat

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Remove robot charging cheat

Post by Koub »

I hate having to use a cheesy trick to circumvent what I consider a perfectible game balencing issue. Would it be bearable to power a pair of personal roboports in an modular armor, I'd happily stop using the trick.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Koub wrote:I hate having to use a cheesy trick to circumvent what I consider a perfectible game balencing issue. Would it be bearable to power a pair of personal roboports in an modular armor, I'd happily stop using the trick.
I want to plug into a nearby power pole to recharge my batteries and roboport.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Koub and mrvn, it seems that we circle back to what happens after we already beat the game.

The first time through we haven't seen anything better yet, so even the cheesy early bots seem cool. But once you got as far as launching a satellite (or a few hundreds) and you start a new game, the bots now feel like total garbage.

So the difficult choice is how to handle it. When you start nother playthrough some games give you a number of already researched tools from the start. Others (like current factorio) send you back to square one.

If we didn't have to go back to crippled bots, nobody would be looking for and using every cheat (or mod) they can find in order to compensate.

But for now... I consider the cheat a good thing, not a bad one. Maybe if someday the overall "bots during a replay" mechanic is better, that will be the ideal time to remove the cheat.

Tricorius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tricorius »

I actually don’t mind too much. In fact I’ve gotten to the point where I just have two suits all the time, starting with modular armor. I have a warframe (power, battery, and shields) and a utility frame (power, battery and roboport).

I add legs in power armor mk2 for both armor sets.

For the most part it is fine. You do tend to need to use smaller blueprints when starting, otherwise your bots use maximum power by speeding over to the furthest reaches of the blueprint first. This is actually made worse by adding additional roboports and thereby increasing the construction radius

I’d definitely like to see personal roboports locked down when in either an automated train or a manual train moving above a certain speed.

One thing I haven’t checked is if you have to be actively wearing armor for it to charge. I’m guessing yes. But I’d love for it to charge in my backpack. But that isn’t a huge sticking point. I also think it would be fantastic if your suit could just leech power from the electrical network when you’re within an active power radius of a power provider. (I know it isn’t realistic, but again, neither is carrying around 80 locomotives in my britches. And I’d feel like a super villain running around with lightning arcing toward me all the time. ;) )

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”