Exploration + Expansion

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

AlphaStrike
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Exploration + Expansion

Post by AlphaStrike »

TL;DR
Expand and diversify how you expand/explore the map. Shipping (water craft) with islands. Harder enemies the further from start.

What ?
This all pretty much came to me when I saw the topic "Dead End Exploration" and was disappointed to see it was about Blueprints and not exploration as currently I do feel exploration is kind of a "dead end". Things don't change exactly change the farther you get from your initial start area (enemies, resources) besides being in higher concentrations. I would love to see enemies progress the deeper you go into the "wild". Even just having a option so there are pockets/areas of resources instead of them spread out everywhere so you are almost needing to make separate bases. Right now I don't see any reason to make a separate base far out when you can just train in resources. Something such as having islands that require shipping between bases/resources. Obviously that would require water tech/craft but I think could add a fun element to scenarios.

Please post anything you think would add to this as I'm sure others would have some very good ideas to go along with this.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Exploration + Expansion

Post by Tekky »

AlphaStrike wrote:Something such as having islands that require shipping between bases/resources. Obviously that would require water tech/craft but I think could add a fun element to scenarios