PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Topics and discussion about specific mods
kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Angels Patch

Post by kingarthur »

aklesey1 wrote:Recipe for fiberglass from angel smelting is tooooooooooo imbalanced :( - too easy to get fiberglass when pyht and angel smelting works together
Can we hide it if angel smelting detected
Just compare these recipes and estimate how much effort is applied
im not going to hide it but its already on my list to be tweaked. since i haven't found anymore issues, nobody else has report anything and pyanadons fixed those deadlocks. im working on a good bit of re-balance for stuff. its long over due

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I hope u'll rebalance it in py-style way - need to to make it more expensive, and it is necessary to consider features like tar and epoxy in pyht recipe
That's not deadlock, this is a strange way to get things for a lower price
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

aklesey1 wrote:I hope u'll rebalance it in py-style way - need to to make it more expensive, and it is necessary to consider features like tar and epoxy in pyht recipe
That's not deadlock, this is a strange way to get things for a lower price
Of course. It won't be exactly the same but I will make them more competitive

logaritm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by logaritm »

hey kingarthur, if you're interested i can give you a small code snip that modifies Py basic material recipes "alloys, ferrite, etc." to use ingots instead of plates like angels alloys

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

logaritm wrote:hey kingarthur, if you're interested i can give you a small code snip that modifies Py basic material recipes "alloys, ferrite, etc." to use ingots instead of plates like angels alloys
Sure I'll take a look at it

safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by safan »

Hi, wanted to let you know i'm still playing with this mod.

Would you like some suggestions or do you have a new version planned "soon"?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

safan wrote:Hi, wanted to let you know i'm still playing with this mod.

Would you like some suggestions or do you have a new version planned "soon"?
i love suggestions. extra idea are always nice.

i do have another update planned for soonish (Monday i hope if all goes well), but i have been i tad busy the last few weeks so it didnt get much attention as i would have liked.

safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by safan »

- boric acid and dioborane can only be made in a bob's electrolyser not in the angels one
- there is a raw borax from syngas recipe that has no matching machines
- there seems to be a hard and an easy recipe for coke (crushed coal vs the coal gas chain and wasteproducts)
- the py gasvent doesn't seem to work for oxygen and syngas. it worked for coal gas.
- washer and washing plant

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

safan wrote:- boric acid and dioborane can only be made in a bob's electrolyser not in the angels one
i know there are a few things that still use the bobs electrolyser. i intend to go thru and move anything still using bobs electrolysers over and remove bobs electrolysers from the crafting menu
- there is a raw borax from syngas recipe that has no matching machines
should be the mining recipe. are you using feni. ill double check and make sure
- there seems to be a hard and an easy recipe for coke (crushed coal vs the coal gas chain and wasteproducts)
pycoal itself has a straight coal to coke recipe. angel has the coal to coke and washed coal to coke chains. so i dont really see an issue with that as the coke from the coal gas is more a side product of getting the coal gas that you need.
- the py gasvent doesn't seem to work for oxygen and syngas. it worked for coal gas.
also an issue on my list to fix along with tailing ponds not venting all the gasses it should and a few others need checked like the flare stack.
- washer and washing plant
hadnt really thought about it but all i guess those to could be merged to only one of them. most likely angels washing plant as his recipes have extra inputs that pycoal washer doesnt have pipe connections setup for.

safan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by safan »

i just recalled: you need the washing plant to make sand for your science packs 1. The washer is ony unlocked after science.

djubre7
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by djubre7 »

Hey there,

just wanted to say that there are some missing dependencies with advanced foundry - the recipe that takes purified saphirite, limestone, fuelrods and sandcasting doesn't work, the name says "Something went wrong..." and there should be 12 of the item. :) Just wanted to let you know, there's more of it.

Thanks for doing this tremendous work.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

new update posted.

0.0.17 - fixed missing check for optional bio processing. started work on a productivity modifier for spacex. add compatibility for Bio Industries (merged fertilizer and ash). added compatibility for omnimatter (merged pymods ores into omni ore).

started on a bit of angels rebalancing

static
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by static »

Updated everything today and got this error at launch:

--
Failed to load mods:_ _PyCoalTBaA_ _/data-final-fixes.lua:44: _ _PyCoalTBaA_ _/prototypes/overrides-bioindustries.lua:76: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Mods to be disabled:
PyCoalTBaA
--

I'll be rolling back this mod, PYHT and Bio Industries for now. Hope you can get it sorted out. Thanks for all your hard work towards cross mod compatibility kingarthur, it's much appreciated!

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

static wrote:Updated everything today and got this error at launch:

--
Failed to load mods:_ _PyCoalTBaA_ _/data-final-fixes.lua:44: _ _PyCoalTBaA_ _/prototypes/overrides-bioindustries.lua:76: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Mods to be disabled:
PyCoalTBaA
--

I'll be rolling back this mod, PYHT and Bio Industries for now. Hope you can get it sorted out. Thanks for all your hard work towards cross mod compatibility kingarthur, it's much appreciated!
Mod list? I checked it before I updated today with all the latest pymods

static
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by static »

I run full Angels, Bobs, Py and MadClowns, along with AAI industry and some other unrelated mods. No errors until Bio Industries, PYHT and your compatibility mod updated.

Based on the error message I assumed the issue was between this mod and Bio Industries, but it seems like I'm incorrect?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

static wrote:I run full Angels, Bobs, Py and MadClowns, along with AAI industry and some other unrelated mods. No errors until Bio Industries, PYHT and your compatibility mod updated.

Based on the error message I assumed the issue was between this mod and Bio Industries, but it seems like I'm incorrect?
Its definitely this mod something or other isnt playing nice with the item replacer script

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

static wrote:I run full Angels, Bobs, Py and MadClowns, along with AAI industry and some other unrelated mods. No errors until Bio Industries, PYHT and your compatibility mod updated.

ok so i have been able to narrow it done to aai industry is the mod that cause the error. not sure why yet. ill make an update to disable the part its breaking and manually input the recipe till i get it fixed.

static
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by static »

Thank you kingarthur! The fix is much appreciated.

garson111
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by garson111 »

Hello аfter the 0.17 update, all liquids in PyMod have a temperature of 15 degrees(after carburator leaves steam(15) and Combuston mixture (15)).
If I back to 0.16 all liquids work normal.

bigyihsuan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by bigyihsuan »

I'm getting an error between this and SpaceX.

Code: Select all

__PyCoalTBaA__/data-final-fixes.lua:39: __PyCoalTBaA__/updates/SpaceX.lua:169: attempt to index field 'results' (a nil value)
Error:

Mod list:

Return to “Mods”