Stack Inserter Delayed Grab

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
WarmPickles
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Stack Inserter Delayed Grab

Post by WarmPickles »

It appears that when a stack inserter facing north is grabbing an item off a belt moving west, there is a delay before it grabs the item.

I've tested with all other possible combinations, and it does not occur in the other seven possible scenarios. Here is a picture for reference (the inserter in question is in the bottom right of the screen):

Edit: When looking at how this bug effects gameplay, you can reference this thread here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=60331&p=362380&hil ... er#p362380

Overall, it causes a ~2% throughput reduction for inserters in this orientation, while other combinations of inserter and belt direction are not effected.

The reason this effects throughput is because it causes the inserter to completely miss the second item in line, as seen here https://i.imgur.com/bZOEeaC.gifv

There are multiple effects this bug causes that I don't have pictures or videos of, such as a kovarex setup behaving differently depending on how its laid out.

I also suspect it is the cause of this report currently in pending: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=60649

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Stack Inserter Delayed Grab

Post by TruePikachu »

Please don't tell me this is a new manifestation of that old slow-north-inserter bug with the floating point implementation...

WarmPickles
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Stack Inserter Delayed Grab

Post by WarmPickles »

TruePikachu wrote:Please don't tell me this is a new manifestation of that old slow-north-inserter bug with the floating point implementation...
I don't think so, as this doesn't occur with all north facing inserters. Only ones pulling off belts moving west. Interestingly, it also only seems to be an issue when there are 4+ items in a compressed line, which I think is related to the fact that about 3.5 items fit on one side of a belt.

Return to “Minor issues”