[Mod 1.1] Power Armor MK3

Topics and discussion about specific mods
jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.15] Power Armor MK3

Post by jimmy_1283 »

HiddenWolf wrote:I just started using this mod, and I noticed that there's a tier-3 battery, which unlike the other modules doesn't upgrade from the vanilla tier-2 batteries? Is this intended? It feels a bit odd that the recipe does not require batteries.

Also wondering if there's any upgrades to the fusion reactor planned, considering the power draw of the higher-tier items. I'm struggling a bit with finding a grid layout that I like as a result.
Yes it's intended, I had also meant to include other techs that don't require their prerequisites, but I never got around to doing so, for the time being at least things are working as intended.

HactarCE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by HactarCE »

Any plans for a 0.16 update?

IsCoolGuy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by IsCoolGuy »

HactarCE wrote:Any plans for a 0.16 update?
Hope so too :)

DjSni
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DjSni »

HactarCE wrote:Any plans for a 0.16 update?
I posted a pull request on github, but it seems he is also there not active.

Here is also the Updated Version:
Attachments
Power Armor MK3_0.1.3.zip
Updated Version for 0.16
(187.41 KiB) Downloaded 205 times

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Sorry for the late update, I've been otherwise occupied the last few months. Everything should be good to go, I had no issues on my end at least, let me know of any problems and I'll get right on it.

EDIT: Also thanks to DjSni who updated in my absence.

aescula
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by aescula »

Welp, this is a longtime fave mod of mine, but it seems to be busted with the new version (0.16.40). It crashed my game with something about Lua and grid prototypes failing. Always another mod mentioned that it didn't play nice with. I couldn't keep deactivating them just to get through the mess, it would have deleted half my factory to do so.

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

aescula wrote:it seems to be busted with the new version (0.16.40).
Is this still a problem or has the recent patch fixed it? I've tested it myself and found no problems, but if the problem still exists then a crash log would help.

Drakoman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Drakoman »

jimmy_1283 wrote:I've gone ahead and added a MK4 version of the armor by popular request, at the moment it looks exactly the same as the MK3, as does the tech, and unless someone volunteers a replacement, it's likely to remain that way, as I'm quite frankly terrible with art.

As always I'm happy to receive feedback on bugs and balancing.
What about something like this?

I made a simple recolour (two variants) for myself. It is consistent with the game scheme. Yellow, Red, Blue-ish (original MK2, MK3, MK4)
Attachments
PA_vars.png
PA_vars.png (145.89 KiB) Viewed 7432 times

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Drakoman wrote:What about something like this?

I made a simple recolour (two variants) for myself. It is consistent with the game scheme. Yellow, Red, Blue-ish (original MK2, MK3, MK4)
I appreciate the effort, but I was mostly referring to the player sprite, I may use the red variant for the MK4 regardless, however the player will still look identical to MK2 and MK3 due to 'team colours', even in single player.

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Haven't made a post in a while, so figured I'd post due to the recent update.
Not much to see here really, changes are in the changelog as usual, thanks ahead of time to anyone who reports bugs.

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Added Russian locale as provided by IgorLutiy on Github, may be out of date, please report if there are any problems.

DTSephiroth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.16] Power Armor MK3

Post by DTSephiroth »

Question: I'm trying to get another mod that grants power armor the ability to show a visual on the player as you have managed to do. I looked though the mod files and found this sequence of code which I know is how you get it to work.

Code: Select all

for _, animation in ipairs(data.raw["player"]["player"]["animations"]) do
  if animation.armors then
    for _, armor in ipairs(animation.armors) do
      if armor == "power-armor-mk2" then
        animation.armors[#animation.armors + 1] = "power-armor-mk3"
		animation.armors[#animation.armors + 1] = "power-armor-mk4"
        break
      end
    end
  end
end
I've tried inserting the code into the proper place in the mod in question, changing the "power-armor-mk3" in line 5 to the name of the armor in that mod, removing the second line as there is only one armor in the mod. The mod runs but the visuals are still not there. Why can't I get this to work?

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

DTSephiroth wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:35 pm

I've tried inserting the code into the proper place in the mod in question, changing the "power-armor-mk3" in line 5 to the name of the armor in that mod, removing the second line as there is only one armor in the mod. The mod runs but the visuals are still not there. Why can't I get this to work?
The problem might be the removal of the second line, try copying the entire entry without omitting anything, I believe that should work. Unless you meant

Code: Select all

animation.armors[#animation.armors + 1] = "power-armor-mk4"
as the second line?

Consider PMing me the code you are using and I'll check it for you.

M0K
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by M0K »

I have made some sprites to the reaserch of power armor MK 3 and 4, if this is useful i can make sprites for icons too.
Attachments
Reaserch power armor mk4.
Reaserch power armor mk4.
power-armor-mk4.png (24.2 KiB) Viewed 6796 times
Reaserch power armor mk3.
Reaserch power armor mk3.
power-armor-mk3.png (22.85 KiB) Viewed 6796 times

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

M0K wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:56 pm
I have made some sprites to the reaserch of power armor MK 3 and 4, if this is useful i can make sprites for icons too.
That's pretty neat, I've seriously been needing new art for ages, and yeah icons would be greatly appreciated as well. Thank you kindly for your effort. :D

M0K
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by M0K »

Here are icons for power armor, not quire satisfied with power armor 4 icon but maybe I will be able to work on a better version when I find out better ways to make icons. Also I have borrowed a sprite for reaserch of belt immunity equipment, but i don't know if I am allowed to use it. If it's okay from the developer, I can post it here. It's from this forum: viewtopic.php?t=54078
Attachments
power-armor-mk4.png
power-armor-mk4.png (2.49 KiB) Viewed 6774 times
power-armor-mk3.png
power-armor-mk3.png (2.76 KiB) Viewed 6774 times

M0K
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by M0K »

I talked with the artist who created the faction art, and he said it was okay to borrow it.
Attachments
belt-immunity-equipment.png
belt-immunity-equipment.png (38.74 KiB) Viewed 6729 times

Skiper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Skiper »

Hi,

when i'm playing with your Mod with 'FactorioExtended Plus-Equipment' it delivers also an Mk3 Armor. It doesn't double it but in the Tech-Tree is still for both there to research it.

Would you able to prevent it?
I would appreciate it.

jimmy_1283
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by jimmy_1283 »

Skiper wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:28 pm
Hi,

when i'm playing with your Mod with 'FactorioExtended Plus-Equipment' it delivers also an Mk3 Armor. It doesn't double it but in the Tech-Tree is still for both there to research it.

I would appreciate it.
I assume both armors have the same name? There isn't really anything I can do to prevent that without changing the name of the armor, I guess you want/need access to both armors for some reason?

Skiper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Skiper »

jimmy_1283 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:28 am
Skiper wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:28 pm
Hi,

I would appreciate it.
I assume both armors have the same name? There isn't really anything I can do to prevent that without changing the name of the armor, I guess you want/need access to both armors for some reason?
No the names a different yours says 'Power armor Mk3' and the other one just extended the defaults ones so 'Power armor 3'.

EDIT:
Ohh yes, he's Tech-Research gives some upgrades but i also see that your Armor is in his Effects on the research. So if i'm unlock from the 'FactorioExtended Plus-Equipment' Mod i also got your Armor with the same name that i mention. But still there is 2 research unlock and the second one is totally useless in that case.

Also see https://imgur.com/36SXPyS & https://imgur.com/cii2HyD

Return to “Mods”