[MOD 0.15] AAI Industry

Topics and discussion about specific mods
mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Incompatible with seablock

Post by mrvn »

The seablock mods lets you start on a 3x3 tile big island with a chest in the middle. That means that on start you are right next to things going BOOM killing you instantly and you have to wait to respawn. Meanwhile the iron chest with all the goods needed to start burns and is destroyed so the game is over.

Please add an option to disable the BOOM. Not just for seablock (or island spawn) but the fires are annoying when starting in a forest too.

Xuerian
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] AAI Industry

Post by Xuerian »

Only after not having it do I realize how much I miss the start AAI provides.

The initial iron grubbing and iron pick phase is so slow, yet I'd rather not skip to bots and rails right off the bat.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

v0.2.1: Updated for Factorio 0.16.

Crash sequence is now a config option.

Spiked Steel Walls that reflect a bit of damage have been added.

GuiltyNeko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GuiltyNeko »

Graphical error with the burner lab animation. Bit like the burner mining drill thing a bit ago.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

GuiltyNeko wrote:Graphical error with the burner lab animation. Bit like the burner mining drill thing a bit ago.
Thanks for reporting this. Only the non-high-res version was affected. It should be fixed now.

tuplex
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tuplex »

Hi Earendel, I posted this on the mod portal, thought I would mention it here too. When I started using the burner generator in my game, i noticed I would get a stutter every second or so, where movement would freeze for a fraction of a second. These mini-freezes seem to correspond with the generator turning on. If I zoom in so that the generator is out of sight, the freezes go away. I don’t get this behavior in my other save games where AAII is not used. I’m playing in conjunction with Angels, Bobs, Omnimatter, and Alien Biomes.

Edit: freezes happen only when the generator turns on, not when it turns off.

jessefjxm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jessefjxm »

Hi Earendel, your mod is pretty nice. But I found that I cannot use productivity in intermidiants like motors, etc in newest version. Maybe there's some old syntax been removed in recent updates. Hope you can fix this issue. :D

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

I'll fix the productivity issue.

I can't recreate the generator freezing issue unless it's just that it switches off sometimes when not all the power is being used, in which case I don't think I can change that.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

I'm having a hard time determining if it's intended or not, but a lot of the early tech have a fairly insane cost compared to what is available at that point normally (100 red, 150 red and such).

At the same time, others have more normal costs like fuel processing or basic automation.

I am guessing that it was done to keep the "burner" phase longer, and if you have the chain gunner vehicle it's possible to defend and attack early biters but it still looks out of place and made me question if I had enabled the research cost multiplier without noticing.

Madd_Mugsy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Madd_Mugsy »

Just curious -- Are you planning to update to accommodate the changes Bob made to transport belts? The recipes/techs are a little wonky with them enabled.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

slay_mithos wrote:I'm having a hard time determining if it's intended or not, but a lot of the early tech have a fairly insane cost compared to what is available at that point normally (100 red, 150 red and such).

At the same time, others have more normal costs like fuel processing or basic automation.

I am guessing that it was done to keep the "burner" phase longer, and if you have the chain gunner vehicle it's possible to defend and attack early biters but it still looks out of place and made me question if I had enabled the research cost multiplier without noticing.
The costs are intentional.
Madd_Mugsy wrote:Just curious -- Are you planning to update to accommodate the changes Bob made to transport belts? The recipes/techs are a little wonky with them enabled.
I don't know what he's done, but they probably will be accommodated at some point.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

When using bobs with "belts require previous tier" and "Transport Belt overhaul" the "yellow belt", now the second belt tier, don't use the "basic transport belt" as part of the recip.

I manually change the Motor, for the basic belt. Now the Yellow belt needs Tin plate and Basic belt
Would be nice if AAI follow that bobs settings when it is "on".

Like changing the basic transport belt to require motor instead of gear
And the transport belt to require the previous one
Code changed

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi Earendel
Can add auto-detect for bob's logistic when transport belt overhaul enabled - yellow belt must require grey belt when ur technology is researched
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

aklesey1 wrote:Hi Earendel
Can add auto-detect for bob's logistic when transport belt overhaul enabled - yellow belt must require grey belt when ur technology is researched
Yes, I will do that.

Forsaken67
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Forsaken67 »

Hello! I was curious as to if there were any plans to make this mod compatible with Py Mods? I really enjoy your mods and I do not wish to play without them, but currently I cannot. The issue is that Py changes how red science is produced and it now requires electricity for the materials. The burner generator for your mod is locked behind red science which means electricity is unobtainable. I am aware that someone made a "patch" for this by adding a new tier of research packs for the early game, however it crashes since it is not being maintained. I really enjoy your mods and hope to once again be able to use them!

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Forsaken67 wrote:Hello! I was curious as to if there were any plans to make this mod compatible with Py Mods? I really enjoy your mods and I do not wish to play without them, but currently I cannot. The issue is that Py changes how red science is produced and it now requires electricity for the materials. The burner generator for your mod is locked behind red science which means electricity is unobtainable. I am aware that someone made a "patch" for this by adding a new tier of research packs for the early game, however it crashes since it is not being maintained. I really enjoy your mods and hope to once again be able to use them!
No.

I don't know what was changed exactly but it is my understanding that here is something to do with growing fungus for red science. Red science is supposed to be for getting basic industry started so making those sorts of changes make no sense. I've made effort to make AAI Industry a sensible progression so supporting that change would be a huge step backwards.

If people want to make a compatibility mod that's fine, I'd encourage that science changes not related to core industries be moved to some sort of separate bio research.

You could try to get Py to make their red science changes more compatible with other mods. It might also work if they added burner versions of early structures?

Light
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Light »

Forsaken67 wrote:Hello! I was curious as to if there were any plans to make this mod compatible with Py Mods?
Funny how often I see this question in dozens of threads. Py's mods are clearly a disastrous mess of compatibility with several bandaid mods just to get it working right. The author really should pay more mind to making his mod work more smoothly with other mods instead of brute forcing his own way and having the users patch all the holes left behind.

With that said, here's your bandaid: AAII Science Pack 0
Earendel wrote:
Yes, I will do that.
Will it be [iron plate + motor] for basic belts, with it being [basic belt + tin plate] for yellow belts?

I've made a large setup for belt production using this recipe change already and would like to know if that's exactly what you plan to change it into, that way when I've updated I'll know if it's broken or not ahead of time.

ElderAxe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ElderAxe »

Earendel wrote:
Yes, I will do that.
I came here to report the same issue. I saw that recipe is updated but I think AAI's "basic logistics" research should be disabled completely if bobs "transport belt overhaul" setting set to enabled.
With this settings, you'll get gray transport belt at the beginning of the game and you'll learn all yellow belts with bob's "logistics" (2. level) research. There is no point for yellow transport belt being researched earlier.

Another inconsistency is steam power researches;
- Steam engine research by AAI unlocks yellow boiler and yellow steam engine (tier 1s) and cost 100 T1 science.
- Steam engine 1 research by Bob's Power unlocks red boiler and red steam engine (tier 2s) and cost 50 T1 science. Its cheaper and it doesn't require tier 1 research.

Also i dont know if possible but, mining vehicle's hand should be working when it's mining ore, not when moving

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Light wrote:
Earendel wrote:
Yes, I will do that.
Will it be [iron plate + motor] for basic belts, with it being [basic belt + tin plate] for yellow belts?

I've made a large setup for belt production using this recipe change already and would like to know if that's exactly what you plan to change it into, that way when I've updated I'll know if it's broken or not ahead of time.
I have no idea, I have not looked at what bob changed yet. It will probably that the same principals as now, no belts by default and techs to unlock them in stages, keep sensible ingredients, motors plus the tech-appropriate metals and whatever else is required in the bobs versions, maintain the upgrade paths, etc.

I'm in the process of moving house so time, organisation and motivation are a challenge right now.

TokMor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TokMor »

Please consider setting motors and electric motors to allow productivity modules.

Thanks!

Return to “Mods”