[Request] Realistic(ish) Nuclear Bomb

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Request] Realistic(ish) Nuclear Bomb

Post by GoldenPorkchop80 »

Ok, so, what do I mean by a realistic(ish) nuke?
Well,

1: The bomb itself is a placeable structure that's pretty large in size, comparable to a vanilla nuclear reactor.
2: The bomb has a MASSIVE radius when detonated, about 500 (min) to 1000 (max) Area of Effect size. (I know this will basically murder any UPS on lower-end machines, don't worry about that. I hired you for a job and i'm paying you below minimum wage to get this done, dammit!)
3: The bomb activates (detonates) when a circuit network or logistic network condition is met. That's it. Instant detonation. No warnings, no alarms. Just BOOM. (by the way, if you're worried about that, don't. It incentivizes the player to create an arming system, timer, etc...)

4 (Optional): When the bomb detonates, use a proximity based sound system. When the player is far away when it blows up, it sounds muffled, and distant. When up close, it's extremely loud, and might just make your eardrums bleed. An already working example of this system is EpicBobRoss's Enhanced Artillery Sounds.

So. That's it. Crafting Requirements and Research Requirements is up to you, the mod creator. I really don't care. Just try to make it a bit fair.
That's all I ask. If anyone could make it, it would be an absolute honor. Thanks.
Contact me:
telnet.Telehack.com (My username is gpc80)
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)
Hamachi VPN: Please send me a PM for network info.
Forums: Send me a PM

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Request] Realistic(ish) Nuclear Bomb

Post by steinio »

+1

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Try this one:
You are need to send signal 'atomic-bomb', then you get atomic explosion with 500 tiles radius. Yes, it looks now like a lamp and costs also like the lamp.
BigBoom_0.0.1.zip
For 0.16
(2.38 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Attachments
2018-05-29 23_46_51-Factorio 0.16.46.png
2018-05-29 23_46_51-Factorio 0.16.46.png (136.69 KiB) Viewed 2086 times
2018-05-29 23_47_00-Factorio 0.16.46.png
2018-05-29 23_47_00-Factorio 0.16.46.png (209.18 KiB) Viewed 2086 times

GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GoldenPorkchop80 »

Hey thanks! I'll just pretend the lamp is a soet of "fusion bomb" or somthing! :lol:
Contact me:
telnet.Telehack.com (My username is gpc80)
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)
Hamachi VPN: Please send me a PM for network info.
Forums: Send me a PM

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”