[MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant

Topics and discussion about specific mods
krotalwarrior
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.24

Post by krotalwarrior »

Veden wrote:
zakman wrote:A question, what are some good "introductory" settings for Rampant? I'd like it to give me a bit of a challenge defending my massive base, but not overwhelm me right off the bat (as happens with default settings).

While this is probably due to base design, I'd like to be able to tone things down a bit to get some breathing room before I crank the difficulty back up. Thanks!
Try turning the difficulty scaling to 0.2 - 0.35.

Try turning down the max group size that can be formed from 150 to 75.

Next add 100 to attack wave starting and ending values, so 120 - 100.

last try toggle the safety increase wall resistance.
I can't get the settings to stick. Every time I change them (either in game or out of game), they are back to the original settings when I go into the options again.

Any ideas?

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

TheSAguy wrote:FYI, getting this error:
I synced my save to a different PC and got it on load.
Thanks I will take a look into this.
krotalwarrior wrote:
I can't get the settings to stick. Every time I change them (either in game or out of game), they are back to the original settings when I go into the options again.

Any ideas?
if it is an existing save, you need to load the game, change the settings, and save the game to have the settings stick.

Sooner535
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sooner535 »

I also cannot get the settings to stick

I change the settings
Click Apply
Save
Load

And they are not kept

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

FYI, got this error trying to sync a save on 0.16.43 on my second PC. I think it's the same error as before. Save Attached also.
Attachments
Blue-Prints2_Angels_new.zip
Save
(15 MiB) Downloaded 138 times

SunTroll
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SunTroll »

What does the World: Enemy dead zone frequency do?

The tooltip says: "The percentage of zones that start up with worms or nests" but this:
and deadzones (areas that the biters are removed from but can migrate back to).
implies the opposite.

My testing seems to confirm the latter but that may jut be thanks to random chance.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

SunTroll wrote:What does the World: Enemy dead zone frequency do?

The tooltip says: "The percentage of zones that start up with worms or nests" but this:
and deadzones (areas that the biters are removed from but can migrate back to).
implies the opposite.

My testing seems to confirm the latter but that may jut be thanks to random chance.
You are correct it was a typo, it should read:
The percentage of zones that start without worms or nests

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

TheSAguy wrote:FYI, got this error trying to sync a save on 0.16.43 on my second PC. I think it's the same error as before. Save Attached also.
In my quick tests it seems that startup mod settings are not synced with the save only the mod set.

The defaults for the new enemies is off and so you see the error message that is popping up because the enemies are gone.

I can add some better handling to not have it error at least, but the enemies will still disappear.

pcg
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.26

Post by pcg »

Great mod, but would it have been to much effort to mention in the ChangeLog that the new version no longer works with the stable factorio version and requires the experimental version?

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

pcg wrote:Great mod, but would it have been to much effort to mention in the ChangeLog that the new version no longer works with the stable factorio version and requires the experimental version?
The info.json that is displayed in game shows the dependencies of the mod "base >= 0.16.43".

I'm alittle confused exactly what you are expecting.

Code: Select all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version: 0.16.0
Date: 13. 12. 2017

Framework:
- Must use 0.16.43 of factorio
is that what you wanted to see?

And I'm curious what does this change?

Erythion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Erythion »

It means people who don't subscribe to the experimental version would have their biters deleted when they update.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Erythion wrote:It means people who don't subscribe to the experimental version would have their biters deleted when they update.
sure, I can add the note going forward on the changes to the base requirements.

I didn't realize the game only enforces the major game version and not the minor subversions for the mod portal.

unless they read the patch notes on the mod portal, they would have already downloaded the mod.

Kitsune
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kitsune »

Veden wrote:
zakman wrote:A question, what are some good "introductory" settings for Rampant? I'd like it to give me a bit of a challenge defending my massive base, but not overwhelm me right off the bat (as happens with default settings).

While this is probably due to base design, I'd like to be able to tone things down a bit to get some breathing room before I crank the difficulty back up. Thanks!
Try turning the difficulty scaling to 0.2 - 0.35.

Try turning down the max group size that can be formed from 150 to 75.

Next add 100 to attack wave starting and ending values, so 120 - 100.

last try toggle the safety increase wall resistance.
I tried this as well, was at 0,1xxx evolution and no direct biter bases in range. After i think 30 min's i got attacked by a whole group and they wiped the floor with me( had only the pistol at that moment), :D if this is right, i have to plan other way's with bob mods because my research and all is so slow with it. xD

Luxentir
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Luxentir »

A friend and I have been playing vanilla and now modded (Bob's) Factorio (both single and multiplayer) for a few days now, and have enjoyed it, but wanted more challenge from the enemies. This mod came highly recommended and has been a blast in our single player games, but doesn't seem functional in our multiplayer game. I know it was mentioned by the mod author that it was not specifically tested for multi, but does anyone have this working well in that capacity?

Things like the roving biter swarms that are all over the place in our single player games are completely absent in the multiplayer game we have going. We're 6 hours in, and haven't been harassed once. The spawners also don't seem to be spreading in any real capacity. At least not enough to be noticed. The mod settings are the same, so we're wondering if there is a general issue with Rampant and multi in it current state. We really like the mod, and are hoping we either did something wrong, or this is a temporary issue with multi (if there is an issue at all).

We're using Bob's, Rampant, and EvoGUI. Are there perhaps any known issues with that combo?

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Kitsune wrote:I tried this as well, was at 0,1xxx evolution and no direct biter bases in range. After i think 30 min's i got attacked by a whole group and they wiped the floor with me( had only the pistol at that moment), if this is right, i have to plan other way's with bob mods because my research and all is so slow with it. xD
Have you tried increasing the initial starting area?
Luxentir wrote:A friend and I have been playing vanilla and now modded (Bob's) Factorio (both single and multiplayer) for a few days now, and have enjoyed it, but wanted more challenge from the enemies. This mod came highly recommended and has been a blast in our single player games, but doesn't seem functional in our multiplayer game. I know it was mentioned by the mod author that it was not specifically tested for multi, but does anyone have this working well in that capacity?

Things like the roving biter swarms that are all over the place in our single player games are completely absent in the multiplayer game we have going. We're 6 hours in, and haven't been harassed once. The spawners also don't seem to be spreading in any real capacity. At least not enough to be noticed. The mod settings are the same, so we're wondering if there is a general issue with Rampant and multi in it current state. We really like the mod, and are hoping we either did something wrong, or this is a temporary issue with multi (if there is an issue at all).

We're using Bob's, Rampant, and EvoGUI. Are there perhaps any known issues with that combo?
Those should be fine together.

Do you have a save?

Luxentir
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Luxentir »

Veden wrote:
Those should be fine together.

Do you have a save?
Attachments
TonyMeBobsRampant.zip
(14.38 MiB) Downloaded 116 times

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Looks like your surface index is 3 instead of the expected 1 which corresponds to nauvis base surface, that means that I have to add some logic to try to detect the situation that this might happen as you aren't the first I have seen this happen with.

Also I will need to look into how multiple player forces are handled to make sure the AI is accounting for all players in a pvp setup.

It will probably be this weekend before I have time to put into some fixes.

Luxentir
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Luxentir »

Thanks a bunch for looking into it! Appreciate it greatly. We're really enjoying the mod a ton, and hopefully those fixes get it going in our multiplayer games.

Kitsune
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kitsune »

Veden wrote:
Kitsune wrote:I tried this as well, was at 0,1xxx evolution and no direct biter bases in range. After i think 30 min's i got attacked by a whole group and they wiped the floor with me( had only the pistol at that moment), if this is right, i have to plan other way's with bob mods because my research and all is so slow with it. xD
Have you tried increasing the initial starting area?
Jep, additionaly i got a more island like map and the buggs are now have only 2 way's and they havent spawned next to me. So i'm fine for now. :D

Munchkin9
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.30

Post by Munchkin9 »

Hey Veden,
Here is the save file in which the Biters have stopped attacking, which I mentioned in the Factorio mods portal discussion board.

(Forgive the factory, I'm not that good at Factorio and I have not been building very cleanly :P )
Attachments
Ashenfrost.zip
(7.41 MiB) Downloaded 119 times

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.16.30

Post by Veden »

Munchkin9 wrote:Hey Veden,
Here is the save file in which the Biters have stopped attacking, which I mentioned in the Factorio mods portal discussion board.

(Forgive the factory, I'm not that good at Factorio and I have not been building very cleanly :P )
Thanks for the save, this should be fixed now.

Return to “Mods”