[16.36] Prespawned steam engines in New Hope 4 don't work

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Joshrl
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[16.36] Prespawned steam engines in New Hope 4 don't work

Post by Joshrl »

Level 04 of the New Hope campaign starts with steam engines already placed, but they don't take in steam from the pipes beside them to produce electricity. Looking in Alt-mode, the inputs of the steam engine appear to take water instead of steam. Picking up the steam engine and replacing it fixes that steam engine. This happens every time I start and restart the level, even after restarting the game.

Sorry if this was already posted, but I couldn't find any similar topics from searching. I'm also a very new player, although this didn't seem like expected behavior.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [16.36] Prespawned steam engines in New Hope 4 don't work

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks, fixed in 0.16.37.

Maddhawk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Maddhawk »

Hello, first post here. Just bought the game like 2 days ago on Steam after Youtube randomly suggested a video on the game to me out of the blue.

Back Story that led me to this thread:
I was looking for threads that advised on best use of the steam engine as I keep running into situations where I run low on power despite the fact that my power demand isn't even close to the maximum possible supply from what the tool tips states about the steam engine and the number that I have. I saw another thread in the search function talking about the steam engine bug on mission 4 of "New Hope." It was flagged as a duplicate issue and this thread was linked.

The Issue:
Looking at my game's "About" I can see I am running version 0.16.36. This thread states that the issue has been fixed. When will the Steam version be updated? I had almost thought I wasn't going to be able to complete the mission until I picked up and re-dropped the steam engines out of random desperation that got them to start working.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Maddhawk wrote:Hello, first post here. Just bought the game like 2 days ago on Steam after Youtube randomly suggested a video on the game to me out of the blue.

Back Story that led me to this thread:
I was looking for threads that advised on best use of the steam engine as I keep running into situations where I run low on power despite the fact that my power demand isn't even close to the maximum possible supply from what the tool tips states about the steam engine and the number that I have. I saw another thread in the search function talking about the steam engine bug on mission 4 of "New Hope." It was flagged as a duplicate issue and this thread was linked.

The Issue:
Looking at my game's "About" I can see I am running version 0.16.36. This thread states that the issue has been fixed. When will the Steam version be updated? I had almost thought I wasn't going to be able to complete the mission until I picked up and re-dropped the steam engines out of random desperation that got them to start working.
16.36 is the latest stable version. You can right click on Factorio in your Steam library and go to betas, and then enable 16.41 or 16.x, which will get you the latest release. There may be some small issues, but the experimental versions are still usually fairly stable, and the devs are generally quite good about fixing any major (and many minor) issues quickly.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Maddhawk wrote: Looking at my game's "About" I can see I am running version 0.16.36. This thread states that the issue has been fixed. When will the Steam version be updated? I had almost thought I wasn't going to be able to complete the mission until I picked up and re-dropped the steam engines out of random desperation that got them to start working.
You don't need this fix, you can simply remove and replace the engines for it to work again.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”