[Rseding91] [0.16.39] Crash on placing rolling_stock w. large joint_dist

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
rude_grass
Inserter
Inserter

[Rseding91] [0.16.39] Crash on placing rolling_stock w. large joint_dist

Post by rude_grass »

When i place a modded cargo_wagon with a joint_distance > ~9.5 on a diagonal track the game crashes with the error "85.483 Error RollingStock.cpp:974: Couldn't find the back joint rail".
This does not happen when placing the same wagon on straight (south-north, west-east) tracks.

I'm using a Linux the system and the modded cargo_wagon corresponds to the "cargo_ship" of the Cargo Ships mods (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/cargo-ships)
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(8.29 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [16.39] Crash on placing rolling_stock w. large joint_dist

Post by kovarex »

I checked the code, and yes, the limit for the search is 5 rails, if it isn't found in 5 rails radius, it is expected to be an internal bug. We kind of didn't expect this kind of setup.
The question is, what to do with that?

We might just increase the radius a bit, which would help in this case, but it would be just a matter of time until someone made it even larger.

I would say that we could increase the radius and also limit the joint distance to prevent crashes with too crazy values.

rude_grass
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16.39] Crash on placing rolling_stock w. large joint_dist

Post by rude_grass »

Thanks so much for taking the time to solve unexpected mod related issues like this one!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [16.39] Crash on placing rolling_stock w. large joint_dist

Post by Rseding91 »

kovarex wrote:I would say that we could increase the radius and also limit the joint distance to prevent crashes with too crazy values.
I agree. We can limit it to some upper value then make the search dynamic based off the largest joint distance defined in a rolling stock prototype.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”