[MOD 0.16.x] MadClown01's Extended AngelBob Minerals

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16.x] MadClown01's Extended AngelBob Minerals

Post by steinio »

Are you sure?

This mod adds only new ores with new refining ways but should not alter the existing ones.

I didn't recognized any flaws with rubyte and bobmonium and i use all your mentioned mods but no omnimatter.

Edit:

Checked a new game without omnimatter;
- mechanical refining 1 is needed for crushing bobmonium to tin = red science = iron plates and copper plates - craftable by hand
- lab needs basic belt (iron plates), basic circuit (wood, copper plates), iron gear wheel (iron plates)
- steam engine and boiler is also only iron plates and a furnace.

Didn't you see the change from belt to basic belt in the lab and misinterpreted it maybe?

All other blames go to omnimatter or some other not updated mod.

Edit 2:
Talked to Emperors Zelos and he stated that there is a problem, if more then 6 ores are added to one omnitier.
In the mentioned problematic constellation there are
- 2 Angel's Ores,
- Coal
- Yuoki's blue ore
and 6 MadClown's ores which is way too much currently.

A solution/fix of Emperor Zelos is on it's way but no date is given.

Quick fix could be to spread MadClown's ores over more tiers, change omni's Bobmonium focused extraction to only use science pack 1 or alter science cost tweaker to don't use tin in science pack 2.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

smeagol001
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by smeagol001 »

aparantly its not only that one research but all the focused bobmonium and rubyte ones are kinda messed up too with alternating resources between each research tier most liky same bug as with the above

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Do these ores all have infinite forms, like Angel's ores do? And do they work the same way with RSO?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

eloquentJane wrote:Do these ores all have infinite forms, like Angel's ores do? And do they work the same way with RSO?
They do and they work with RSO using same rules as ores from Angel's.

smeagol001
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by smeagol001 »

its just the problem with to many ore options added to the recipes in question like steinio said here

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

smeagol001 wrote:its just the problem with to many ore options added to the recipes in question like steinio said here
It looks like the problem which Steinio is talking about there applies only to saves including Omnimatter - either that or it's been fixed since the comment was made, because last night I started playing a game with Bob's mods, Angel's mods, AAI, and MadClown01's addons (amongst other things) and I've obtained tin without issue from bobmonium as is usual. In general though I don't think there's a problem with having large amounts of different ores (unless they're causing bugs or there are several mods that unbalance each other); it just helps to have a mod installed like FNEI that allows for checking recipes.

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

eloquentJane wrote:
smeagol001 wrote:its just the problem with to many ore options added to the recipes in question like steinio said here
It looks like the problem which Steinio is talking about there applies only to saves including Omnimatter - either that or it's been fixed since the comment was made, because last night I started playing a game with Bob's mods, Angel's mods, AAI, and MadClown01's addons (amongst other things) and I've obtained tin without issue from bobmonium as is usual. In general though I don't think there's a problem with having large amounts of different ores (unless they're causing bugs or there are several mods that unbalance each other); it just helps to have a mod installed like FNEI that allows for checking recipes.
Yes, it's an issue with Omnimatter, which is already confirmed by Steinio above after talking with Zelos.

Sir_Cherry
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sir_Cherry »

The Issue with Omnimatter not showing all ores has been well known for a while.
Zelos has been working on a back-end overhaul of his mods and that includes many many fixes to currently known bugs and crashes.
I've been playing around with some of the test versions and as shown below, ores show up.
For anyone interested, the new system will be fully operational very soon.
On his Pateron [link], he's stated that his aim is to have all mods converted to the new system by Friday, the 11th of May. (2 days from now)
Whether he'll make it publicly available then isn't known to me.

I could post some more pictures of things that now work/got fixed in the new system but that's not appropriate here.
Just know that if you're using Omnimods, there should be an update sometime soon.
NOTE: I don't know how the update will affect current saves/worlds. You may need to start a new game.
Screenshot of ores now being extractable. Proof of concept

EmperorZelos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EmperorZelos »

I will add I have fixed it and will be updating my mods on friday as thigns are, unless something comes up. However Clown will have to fix his to remain compatible.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

Fixes inbound :D

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

steinio wrote:Well, the crushed ore sorting takes only 0.5 instead of 1 tick like the Angel's ores.
Can you please change it so all times are the same?
I went through the code, and couldn't see any differences from Angel's implementation. What exact number are you referring to?

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

MadClown01 wrote:
steinio wrote:Well, the crushed ore sorting takes only 0.5 instead of 1 tick like the Angel's ores.
Can you please change it so all times are the same?
I went through the code, and couldn't see any differences from Angel's implementation. What exact number are you referring to?
Angel's ores have their crushed ore sorting crafting time set to 1 second, and mousing over then shows that. However, it looks like sorting your crushed ore comes up with a crafting time of .5 seconds. "Crushed Adamantite Sorting" for example is .5 seconds, but directly above it is "Crushed Saphirite Ore Sorting" which has a time of 1 second.

Also, your chunks sorting is .5 seconds but Angel's is 1.5 seconds.

Or at least, that's how it is with Extrended Minerals 1.0.7.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

In Angel's mods, ore sorting recipes produce one item per second (when considering the sum of all outputs, and assuming machine crafting speed of 1). I've noticed that a lot of your sorting recipes are significantly faster than this.

MadClown01
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadClown01 »

This is concerning, I definitely have the right numbers entered in the "energy required" field, but they are somehow all being converted to 0.5. I have no idea why, will investigate.

EDIT: It is fixed! Was an inheritance issue, Angel helped me out

OmegaZone
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by OmegaZone »

Any chance of making this mod more usable with a seablock game, right now there is no way to get the ores or the alluvium.
For the ores only a crystalyzer recipe would be needed, however for the alluvium a washing plant recipe would probably be needed, which might have secondary effects.

Kino_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kino_ »

I'm wondering if there is a way to make Extended AngelBob Minerals more compatable with Pyanodon's mods. Pyanodon's mods add a few extra ores such as borax which you can get from sorting the base Angel's ores with the PyCoal touched by an Angel mod. Is there any way to get Pyanodon's ores from the ores your mod adds or is that not available at the moment?

Love the mod btw I love how you're able to put a mod on a mod its insane.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Kino_ wrote:I'm wondering if there is a way to make Extended AngelBob Minerals more compatable with Pyanodon's mods. Pyanodon's mods add a few extra ores such as borax which you can get from sorting the base Angel's ores with the PyCoal touched by an Angel mod. Is there any way to get Pyanodon's ores from the ores your mod adds or is that not available at the moment?

Love the mod btw I love how you're able to put a mod on a mod its insane.
i just need to go add pymods ores to madclowns extended minerals. i thought i had already done that but i guess not. ive got a few other things im fixing this weekend to so ill also throw this on my todo list

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

Pictures in your OP got corrupted when the server transferred to the newer Forum OS.

Nitrah
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nitrah »

Started a new challenge base adding the madclown mods, SpaceeX, rampage, and playing marathon (tried marathon deathworld, but I think I need to get a buddy online to tackle THAT one).

Really liking it so far.

I'm curious if there are ore silos planned for the extended minerals (e.g. sanguinate silo)? I want able to find any digging through the tech tree.

Thanks,

dan96kid
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dan96kid »

I think I found a bug! Seems that the recipe for liquefying oil sands is disabled.

Return to “Angels Mods”