[0.16] Space Extension Mod (SpaceX)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Game4Lols
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.15] Space Extension Mod (SpaceX)

Post by Game4Lols »

Prehaps some reward for launching all parts? I was messing around with it on my creative world, (Great mod, btw) But was kinda dissapointed to get only a congrats for what would be hours upon hours of work on a survival world. Don't know what the reward might be, but would be nice.

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

foodfactorio wrote:(congratulations for putting a car into space) :)
lol :D

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

thuejk wrote:So I tried 0.16 Sea Block.

Making 2 Drydock Assembly Components for SpaceX. Each take 50 Assembly robots, which each take 5 Fusion Powered Construction Robots, which each take 1 Portable Fusion Reactor, which each takes 250 Processing Units.

So in all, just for Drydock Assembly Components, I need 2*50*5*250=125000 Processing Units. Which is more Processing Units than you need for all yellow science for SpaceX (91726); and Processing Units are the hardest part of those sciences.

This seems excessive and disproportionate for the first component you need to build for SpaceX. All the other SpaceX components are far cheaper.
I am not responsible for sea blocks take on the recipes for the SpaceX components. In vanilla, the Drydock Assembly components are expensive, but you are using normal construction robots so a lot less expensive than these.

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

orzelek wrote:Is there a way for you to make your techs ignore the science multiplier?
Since your techs have pretty high costs when they get multiplied by 5 it gets a bit excessive.. but without multiplier all normal techs seem cheap :D
You can scale the costs back via a setting in mod settings (options before you load the game). This will remove the 4x multiplier applied for marathon tech prices.

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

foodfactorio wrote:by the way, in my older game, the costs were ok for me, but when i installed the Necromant mod, something changed the recipes to require a HUGE amount of Chitin Armour, which was made up of like 100 Chitin Fragments, which only came in good quantity from large biters, and i needed to kill about 100,000 biters lol...

do you happen to also have the Necromant mod installed? (if so, there is a way to tweak the recipe for getting more chitin, but when i tried it i needed to keep manually running some console commands to force the recipe to reload the new settings, as for some reason they never auto-updated, even on relaunching the game)
Having to get stuff from biters is NOT part of the mods requirements anymore. You should address this issue to the author of the Necromant mod.

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

eformo wrote:Any know how compatible this mod is with certain other mods?

I'm specifically running Bob's (full suite) + Angels (full suite) + Pyanodon's (Coal+Industry+Fusion+ Touched by an Angel). The Bob's/Angel's versions are frozen a little in the past to avoid rebalancing/recipe changes that are ongoing in Bob's.

To ask a more specific question - if I try this, will it mess up my save?
It should not mess up your save, as long as all the other mods play nice :).

It is always sensible to take a save first though, before installing new mods.

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

Game4Lols wrote:Prehaps some reward for launching all parts? I was messing around with it on my creative world, (Great mod, btw) But was kinda dissapointed to get only a congrats for what would be hours upon hours of work on a survival world. Don't know what the reward might be, but would be nice.
Are you after something that is actually useful in game, or just a better pat on the back on completion. Given that this is the end of the game for most, exactly what in-game reward would be useful?

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

Mesarune wrote:
Sandman2003 wrote:
justneel wrote:Just an FYI that with the last version of Factorio and the mod, this mod crashes the app:

395.841 Error MainLoop.cpp:940: Exception at tick 44606078: Error while running event SpaceMod::on_rocket_launched (ID 10)
Unknown interface: silo_script
stack traceback:
__SpaceMod__/control.lua:306: in function <__SpaceMod__/control.lua:305>
395.841 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:94: MultiplayerManager failed: "Error while running event SpaceMod::on_rocket_launched (ID 10)
Unknown interface: silo_script
stack traceback:
__SpaceMod__/control.lua:306: in function <__SpaceMod__/control.lua:305>"
395.841 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:671: mapTick(44606078) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)
Will look into it, thx.

I have tested this under 0.15.37 and I cannot recreate your issue - launching satellites and non-satellite components. The silo_script is part of core that has been unchanged for most of version 0.15. The error above seems to be suggesting that the app cannot find this part of core, so maybe there is something wrong with your installation?
I'm getting this same error too. It's on a server running SeaBlock, and a bunch of associated mods. I'm going through now disabling other mods to see if I can find the cause of the issue.

Has anybody else had this, and found a solution?

EDIT: It's definitely just due to SpaceX: If I disable SpaceX, and leave on all of the other mods the error doesn't appear. If I enable only SpaceX, and disable all other mods, I still get the error.

I've attached the savefile (for 15.40). If you load it with just SpaceX, you should get the script error (as well as a *lot* of items modified due to missing mods notifications).

EDIT#2: Everything seems to work just fine if I naively comment out lines 306 and 307 in control.lua (the two lines referencing 'silo_script'). I have no clue what this is actually doing though...
Thanks for the analysis - this will be fixed in the next release (incoming very soon). The silo script is used to suppress the version 0.14 message relating to launch without satellite, and also to control the game finishing behaviour. If silo script doesn't exist in the scenarios, then this should not be necessary. You won't need to comment out any lines starting from release 0.3.5

Game4Lols
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Game4Lols »

Sandman2003 wrote:
Game4Lols wrote:Prehaps some reward for launching all parts? I was messing around with it on my creative world, (Great mod, btw) But was kinda dissapointed to get only a congrats for what would be hours upon hours of work on a survival world. Don't know what the reward might be, but would be nice.
Are you after something that is actually useful in game, or just a better pat on the back on completion. Given that this is the end of the game for most, exactly what in-game reward would be useful?
Perhaps the ability to "use" the ship to fly to different parts of the world really fast, like teleportation. I haven't actually finished a game with this mod legit yet, so it's still entertaining me regardless.

Lastmerlin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.16] Space Extension Mod (SpaceX)

Post by Lastmerlin »

Official petition: Please remove the factor 10 for bobs mod, if the SeaBlock mod pack is detected.

Reasons:
  • SeaBlock deactivates all overpowered Modules (God, raw productivity, raw speed). Best modules available are slightly better than the vanilla ones and have massive energy costs
  • SeaBlock uses ScienceCostTweaker. This defines own intermediates for science (often from raw or slightly refined ressources) and disallows productivity for these intermediates. The number of steps that allow prod modules is greatly diminished.
  • SeaBlock has no benefit from mining productivity.
  • SeaBlock ore generation is very UPS heavy, capping factories at much smaller throughput.
Overall: All means that normally allow bobs mods to massively outscale Vanilla have been intentionally removed. This makes the factor of 10 unjustified and really demotivating.

Sandman2003
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Sandman2003 »

Lastmerlin wrote:Official petition: Please remove the factor 10 for bobs mod, if the SeaBlock mod pack is detected.

Reasons:
  • SeaBlock deactivates all overpowered Modules (God, raw productivity, raw speed). Best modules available are slightly better than the vanilla ones and have massive energy costs
  • SeaBlock uses ScienceCostTweaker. This defines own intermediates for science (often from raw or slightly refined ressources) and disallows productivity for these intermediates. The number of steps that allow prod modules is greatly diminished.
  • SeaBlock has no benefit from mining productivity.
  • SeaBlock ore generation is very UPS heavy, capping factories at much smaller throughput.
Overall: All means that normally allow bobs mods to massively outscale Vanilla have been intentionally removed. This makes the factor of 10 unjustified and really demotivating.
I agree with you. I think Seablock does an excellent job in scaling back the absurdity of end game bobs. It is also easy for me to do. But I don't want to do it.

If it was for sure just seablock that I might need to do this for, then perhaps that would be ok, but there are now quite a few mod packs that incorporate bobs and SpaceX, so do I now open the doors to maintaining my mod every time a new one is created, along with needing to test the combination, or do I politely suggest that this is a relatively easy change to do in the downstream mod, if it is appropriate. In SeaBlock, I agree that it is, and from what I have seen, the mod developer is easily clever enough to do it.

snackmix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by snackmix »

I'm running into an issue anytime I launch a rocket on my current map. Everything else seems to be working and I haven't had an issue up until now.

I get the following:

Code: Select all

Error while running event SpaceMod::on_rocket_launched (ID 10) __SpaceMod__/control.lua:577: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
Any idea how to fix it, or is my current map kind of screwed?

Thanks!
Snackmix

Lastmerlin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Lastmerlin »

Finally finished the SeaBlock mod pack, clicked *i want home to mummy* and got the error message shown in the image. Not exactly, what I hoped for. Mod version is 0.3.8. Does updating help (I do not update with this modpack, unless absolutely required)?
factorio_spacex_fail.png
factorio_spacex_fail.png (163.41 KiB) Viewed 7354 times

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi sondman2003
Can ask u to add some compatibility for py-suite, namely for py hi-tech mod
U using drones to make some assembly robots in end game - can u use hi-tech construction drones :!: from pyht? I just want more hardcore when playing with py mods :D
Last edited by aklesey1 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Lastmerlin wrote:Finally finished the SeaBlock mod pack, clicked *i want home to mummy* and got the error message shown in the image. Not exactly, what I hoped for. Mod version is 0.3.8. Does updating help (I do not update with this modpack, unless absolutely required)?
factorio_spacex_fail.png
Before reporting any bugs update your mods!

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

Sandman2003 wrote: Having to get stuff from biters is NOT part of the mods requirements anymore. You should address this issue to the author of the Necromant mod.
ok thanks sandman, ill check again and if still an issue i can check with necromant modder..
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

Game4Lols wrote:
Sandman2003 wrote:
Perhaps the ability to "use" the ship to fly to different parts of the world really fast, like teleportation. I haven't actually finished a game with this mod legit yet, so it's still entertaining me regardless.

hi sandman, did you get a chance to have a look at my idea from last year here?
viewtopic.php?f=190&t=40288&start=20#p292159
maybe this can also give Game4Lols (and me and others) some more incentive and satisfaction? if easy to add a fleet? :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

foodfactorio wrote:
Game4Lols wrote:
Sandman2003 wrote:

hi sandman, did you get a chance to have a look at my idea from last year here?
viewtopic.php?f=190&t=40288&start=20#p292159
maybe this can also give Game4Lols (and me and others) some more incentive and satisfaction? if easy to add a fleet? :)
I am not the modder. I used common sense to help you out.....

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

common sense does prevail :) (was that for me though)? :)

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

I have Bob's mods included in my current play. I have made a change in his settings that I can only build with his modded logistics network structures (no [vanilla] roboports). However, the Drydock Assembly requires Roboport Mk1, which is not in my current game recipes. Can you look into this? Thanks! :)

Return to “Mods”