pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Coal Processing - Discussion

Post by aklesey1 »

Big thanks for lead crushing fixing yeeaaahhhh, now i can produce tons of propene in pyht :D
Last edited by aklesey1 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

which time we will fixing things
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

factorioguy111
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by factorioguy111 »

what is "rare earth element dust" good for?

I get it from evaporating rare earth mud

Shorkan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shorkan »

Rare earth dust is here to make rare earth mud.

The chain is:
Rare earth ore -> rare earth powder -> rare earth dust -> rare earth mud -> rare earth slurry -> rare earth solution -> rare earth concentrate -> rare earth oxides

I think the recipe too evaporating the rare earth mud is only here too make a loop, make it to dust then back too mud. You get flue gas and then when you converting it back too mud you get iron ore with the one recipe or rich dust and sand with the other. But is it not a free loop, both recipe need something.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

aklesey1 wrote:Big thanks for lead crushing fixing yeeaaahhhh, now i can produce tons of propene in pyht :D
.............. am I too early was delighted - crushed lead can't be used together with fuel rod :(

Only crushed iron and crushed copper can be used with fuel rod

And found epic bug with crushed cooper https://yadi.sk/i/7e6MQhC93UN69X :lol:
Its looks like repair required for advanced foundry

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Big thanks for lead crushing fixing yeeaaahhhh, now i can produce tons of propene in pyht :D
.............. am I too early was delighted - crushed lead can't be used together with fuel rod :(

I see no problem
pY Coal processing mod

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

aklesey1 wrote:

Agree something's wrong
Why 5 crushed copper gives on 1 copper plate but not 12 like it with cruhed iron :shock:

Vetrosian
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vetrosian »

Noticed Methanol Processing 2 doesn't seem to require Methanol Processing 1 to be researched first. Pretty sure it never used to be like that.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Vetrosian wrote:Noticed Methanol Processing 2 doesn't seem to require Methanol Processing 1 to be researched first. Pretty sure it never used to be like that.
I noticed that weirdness, too. Pyanodon said that so it and should be, i think its caused py PYHT intergration into the mod system

cbtendo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cbtendo »

HI, this is the first time i tried py coal. I want to ask about energy generation efficiency.
It seems that it is very inefficient compared to normal boiler-> steam. for example, 30 coal /s could generate 120 MW of power.
Meanwhile coal gas to combustion mixture, 30 coal /s only generates maximum 23,6 MW (60 combustion mixture /s using combustion turbine mk1) minus 5,6 MW of power needed to create it.
Even the highest tier (coal briquette to combustion mixture) consumes 4,8 coal/s + other things that i haven't counted yet. In normal boiler, 4,8 coal/s generate 19,2 MW of power. A very little upgrade over normal boiler.

It seems that it only pays off when you're using at least combustion mixture mk2 with the highest tier of combustion processing. I think the early recipes/building could use a rebalancing, otherwise, I don't see any point in using py coal process until I can build a combustion mixture mk3

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

cbtendo wrote:HI, this is the first time i tried py coal. I want to ask about energy generation efficiency.
It seems that it is very inefficient compared to normal boiler-> steam. for example, 30 coal /s could generate 120 MW of power.
Meanwhile coal gas to combustion mixture, 30 coal /s only generates maximum 23,6 MW (60 combustion mixture /s using combustion turbine mk1) minus 5,6 MW of power needed to create it.
Even the highest tier (coal briquette to combustion mixture) consumes 4,8 coal/s + other things that i haven't counted yet. In normal boiler, 4,8 coal/s generate 19,2 MW of power. A very little upgrade over normal boiler.

It seems that it only pays off when you're using at least combustion mixture mk2 with the highest tier of combustion processing. I think the early recipes/building could use a rebalancing, otherwise, I don't see any point in using py coal process until I can build a combustion mixture mk3
Pymods are about options, youre free to not use the energy process if you want that way.
pY Coal processing mod

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

pyanodon wrote:
cbtendo wrote:HI, this is the first time i tried py coal. I want to ask about energy generation efficiency.

Pymods are about options, youre free to not use the energy process if you want that way.
I agree with cbtendo, and while you're certainly correct, nobody would want to use a more complicated method for something that's less efficient. I think that a good balance would be to make the top tier about as efficient as bob's top tier boilers/engines. (maybe not quite that much, though, since bob's boilers and engines are a bit overpowered imo) And the bottom tier could maybe be 5% better than the default boilers. Though maybe you could put up a poll for it, instead. Or you could just add a config for the power multiplier on the turbines.
Though it's ultimately up to you, since it's your mod.

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

donoya wrote:
pyanodon wrote:

I agree with cbtendo, and while you're certainly correct, nobody would want to use a more complicated method for something that's less efficient. I think that a good balance would be to make the top tier about as efficient as bob's top tier boilers/engines. (maybe not quite that much, though, since bob's boilers and engines are a bit overpowered imo) And the bottom tier could maybe be 5% better than the default boilers. Though maybe you could put up a poll for it, instead. Or you could just add a config for the power multiplier on the turbines.
Though it's ultimately up to you, since it's your mod.

Sometimes it's also not just about efficiency. I have a part of my factory that's generating a lot of tailings, and is also far away from where I'm using tailings to produce things. So rather than try to transport the tailings all the way across my base, I made coal-water slurry and then into combustion mixture. It let me solve the problem of what to do with all the tailings, and I got some power from it too. Seemed a rather good deal to me, even if it was energy inefficient.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Mod Udpated. Please update your version.
pY Coal processing mod

Dr_Killedalot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dr_Killedalot »

So..... I installed the full py suit aswell as angels and bobs suit with the compatability mod, works great n all but ive hit a wall , litteraly, I need tar for rich clay for green science , tar comes from stone but ... well angels refining completly removes stone resources so how do i get tar/stone now without access to excavation O.o

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Dr_Killedalot wrote:So..... I installed the full py suit aswell as angels and bobs suit with the compatability mod, works great n all but ive hit a wall , litteraly, I need tar for rich clay for green science , tar comes from stone but ... well angels refining completly removes stone resources so how do i get tar/stone now without access to excavation O.o

FNEI isnt perfect. You can extract rare earth from bolides
pY Coal processing mod

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Dr_Killedalot wrote:So..... I installed the full py suit aswell as angels and bobs suit with the compatability mod, works great n all but ive hit a wall , litteraly, I need tar for rich clay for green science , tar comes from stone but ... well angels refining completly removes stone resources so how do i get tar/stone now without access to excavation O.o
you can get stone from running crushed stone in an assembler. its on the angels refining tab. there are also a number of process that give off tar as a by product

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

kingarthur wrote:
you can get stone from running crushed stone in an assembler. its on the angels refining tab. there are also a number of process that give off tar as a by product

Specifically, build some Destructive Distillation columns early. Use them to turn raw wood into coal (and coal into coke) to get the tar and coal gas that you need.

If I didn't have FNEI, I would have found Py+Bobs+Angels(TBaA) to be completely unplayable. But with it, I just look stuff up a lot!

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

MOD UPDATED. Please update your mod.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter