Temporarily disable logistics slot/personal roboports

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

FalcoGer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Temporarily disable logistics slot/personal roboports

Post by FalcoGer »

What the title says.
The problem: When respawning, you have nothing. Suddenly all the bots come and delivery you stuff, filling your inventory. Then you go back to your dead body, pick up your stuff, and now you have twice as much as you requested and need to sort out your inventory.
When I die I either need to delete everything from my logistics slot, taking forever to set up again, or run away from the robots that are trying to fill my inventory with materials. Neither of which are really good.

Solution: A simple tickbox to temporarily disable the logistics slot would be nice.
While at it, have one to disable the personal roboports. when in combat

The problem: They come out, try to repair the 0.1% damage on the tank, get killed by spitters/worms, then more get spamed to repair the tank, until you run out of robots while the tank really didn't need any repair to begin with. the option we have now are
- put the bots into the tank. This risks them being destroyed if the tank goes down while they didn't belong in the tank in the first place.
- put them in the trash slots, which will have other issues, when fighting near the base or if it's already full of wood from autotrash or something.
- take out the roboports from the armor, which works but takes some time to do and is tedious every time you want to/need to do combat, and sometimes you just don't have the time to fumble around in your armor
- Have a second armor, which is the easiest and fastest solution but takes a lot of time to do and is very expensive for what little it does. It also takes up an inventory slot.

Solution: checkbox to disable personal roboports.

Another problem with roboports: When driving past some ghostprints or damaged entity at high speed, in example in a train, the robots just start off trying to repair some randomly damaged wall while the train drives past at 150km/s, and then can't catch up after the train moved to the other end of the base, taking forever to come back. I know there is a mod for that ('stop that silly robots' or something like that), but really, it should be vanilla.
The solution: Disable robots when faster than a certain speed and when in a train that's in automatic mode. Perhaps with a checkbox to change this behavior as one likes.

Yet another problem: When building something large, you need to adjust autotrash if you set it up a certain way. if you for example need a large number of assemblers, inserters and belts, like 1000 belts, and you usually only have 200 or so, then you need to adjust all the values before you can pick any more up/request them. A simple checkbox to disable autotrash temporarily would fix the issue. for the most part

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Temporarily disable logistics slot/personal roboports

Post by JohnyDL »

Like the idea of the quick checkbox to disable/enable logistics and trash for the logistics it could default to disable on spawn and you have to turn it on (would save a bunch of headache with being filled with things you don't need until you have your body)

the enable and disable roboports needs to be something that's keybound (discussion here) because people 'combat' by placing laser turret blueprints etc and it'd be useful at other times like construction planning vs building etc..

Kruparker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kruparker »

feature really needed

mkaito
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mkaito »

Yes, I'd really love to see this. I don't think the necessary interface exists to mod this, so the devs would have to do it.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

+1
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LazyLoneLion »

+1
feature wanted for long ago

Ludicrous
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ludicrous »

+1 auto disable bots when traveling at a certain speed would be amazing!!
Use case is i'm passing anything in the base while on a train or driving and my bots auto fly out to try to repair something is so annoying!!! I have to stop and wait for them to finish and come back or if i'm on a train i need to stop the train or get out and run back....

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

When I do play, it's amazing how often I find myself opening up my armor to remove or add the roboport.

A toggle button would be wonderful.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

mattybe06
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Ability to turn off the personal robo ports

Post by mattybe06 »

Hi,
Not sure if this has been suggested
It would be nice to have a easy on off button for personal robo ports.

Thanks

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older topic with same suggestion
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

nafira
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by nafira »

Really +1 for the "300kmh robot leaving thing" ^^ It's a nightmare.
At foot or in car : ok
Faster : no way

Repairing tanks : should be disabled, and you should have slot for putting robot and repair kit to do the trick, not using your robots

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Also remember that with 0.17, repair bots will only fly from your personal roboport when moving slower than they can fly.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

<NO_NAME>
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by <NO_NAME> »

Koub wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:43 am
Also remember that with 0.17, repair bots will only fly from your personal roboport when moving slower than they can fly.
What if you just entered the car and you cannot speed up because stupid robots would lag behind and you cannot just wait for them because the whole time new ones are flying of your inventory.
This situation isn't unlikely. This would happen literally every time when there is a fight or a construction site near your car.

Moreover, this solution doesn't address any other situation in which you don't want your robots like when you are placing ghosts but you want to keep your items or the OPs example when you're trying to retrieve your items after you died.

0.17 will reduce the scale of the problem but not enough to consider it irrelevant.
I am a translator. And what did you do for Factorio?
Check out my mod "Realistic Ores" and my other mods!

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

I'm not sure what all details about personal roboport toggle of 0.17 are out yet, but i assume it means that a disabled roboport will still remain powered and accepting incoming bots. But it wouldn't let anything out.

Arty0m
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arty0m »

+1
Sometimes I want to disable my personal logistics.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

This has been implemented in 0.18 I believe. When you die logistics will be disabled and you can turn it back on in your logistics tab. Autotrash is disabled via the same setting and it is also possible to disable your personal roboports.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

moved to implemented — ssilk
Thanks for the hint ickputzdirwech!
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”